News: Dak Wants Cowboys To Pay Him ‘Right Behind Mahomes’ - And Pay Him ‘Respect’

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep. If I didn't think they could do both then I'd agree with you guys. But I see no reason why they can't still field a team with Dak's salary. That's simply an excuse and a cop out for Jerry and co.

They can definitely field a team and maintain this mediocrity. No doubt in my mind. Especially in this division.

The goal is to field a championship caliber team. At least that's my goal. Maybe you have the same goal as Jerry and you just want to see a good show on Sundays and relevancy is all that matters.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Like I stated above, I've engaged with many people on this site on Dak and its been civil. There's a handful of posters like yourself that bring nothing to a debate other than biased opinions. A prime example.....this teams coaching sucked, defense sucked, special teams sucked.....yet in your mind Dak's responsible lol. That line of thinking is impossible to have a civil debate with because you lack the football knowledge to understand that this is a team game and its not just one person's fault just like its not one person's credit for a W. So if you can't understand something as simple as that then yeah we probably won't have a civil debate on the matter. Most of the guys like you on this site do it just to rile people up.

Civil???? This is roughly your 7th post in this thread: "
rocyaice
41,167 messages
34,264 likes received
Rockport said: ↑
Bull****. Dak never said "I want to be paid right behind Mahomes". Never said it. Prove me wrong with a Dak quote. you can't so you've been sucked. And that's no surprise.
I don't know if you've ever experienced @khiladi on this site but he's a known liar. He literally creates facts and has been caught up in numerous lies so it doesn't shock me he's misquoting you."

The first 4 were standard posts and a few others before this were sarcastic........none of the posts prior to this one referenced provided any statistics or facts but just opinions, which is fine.

But then you posted this wherein you personally attack someone by calling them a liar.....so where is the civility you speak of as that post was not civil in the least.

Oh, and now you question my intelligence so again I ask where is the civility you claim? Where are your facts and statistics you claim you post?

Please stop the mirage of civility as you are anything but civil.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't understand your argument. You're saying we should overpay Dak since we overpaid others?
I'm arguing against the notion that you can't field a team because of Dak's salary. If you can't field a team its probably because you're mismanaging your cap. We can't field a team around Dak because of his contract even though we are overpaying for Lawrence, Collins, Jaylon, Zeke, Amari, etc......it makes no sense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Civil???? This is roughly your 7th post in this thread: "
rocyaice
41,167 messages
34,264 likes received
Rockport said: ↑
Bull****. Dak never said "I want to be paid right behind Mahomes". Never said it. Prove me wrong with a Dak quote. you can't so you've been sucked. And that's no surprise.
I don't know if you've ever experienced @khiladi on this site but he's a known liar. He literally creates facts and has been caught up in numerous lies so it doesn't shock me he's misquoting you."

The first 4 were standard posts and a few others before this were sarcastic........none of the posts prior to this one referenced provided any statistics or facts but just opinions, which is fine.

But then you posted this wherein you personally attack someone by calling them a liar.....so where is the civility you speak of as that post was not civil in the least.

Oh, and now you question my intelligence so again I ask where is the civility you claim? Where are your facts and statistics you claim you post?

Please stop the mirage of civility as you are anything but civil.

There's nothing uncivil about calling Khiladi a liar. Its actually doing my civil duty doing so. He's a known liar. What's the issue? He literally lies on this site lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They can definitely field a team and maintain this mediocrity. No doubt in my mind. Especially in this division.

The goal is to field a championship caliber team. At least that's my goal. Maybe you have the same goal as Jerry and you just want to see a good show on Sundays and relevancy is all that matters.
I agree. And yes, I Think they can field a championship team with Dak at 40 million.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree. And yes, I Think they can field a championship team with Dak at 40 million.

I think though if this team wore different laundry and you viewed it as an outsider you wouldn't have the same opinion. I think you're just being a fan. Maybe i'm wrong and i'm just a hater.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As I've been seeing it here and on the news, they're throwing the numbers around of 41 - 44 mil. Mahomes is 45 mil.
If a body believes Dak is the second best QB right behind Mahomes, you might get by with calling that the going market rate. Problem is, Mahomes has a resume sporting 2 Super Bowls. Dak doesn't. Not even close.
I like Dak, but I think he's going to have a real problem trying to convince ANY team that he's worth nearly as much as Mahomes. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well for one Mahomes got his contract after going to ONE Super Bowl. Which he won. Secondly, Mahomes signed a much cheaper deal than he had to. He's not the market setter at this point the market setter is Deshaun Watson. Before him it was Wentz and Goff. So the next guy in line will get more than what Watson got. What Mahomes got is irrelevant to the discussion which is why they are saying he's under Mahomes money.

We can sit here and say Dak isn't Mahomes but there's nothing out there that says he's not what Watson is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think though if this team wore different laundry and you viewed it as an outsider you wouldn't have the same opinion. I think you're just being a fan. Maybe i'm wrong and i'm just a hater.
I didnt' call you a "hater" but you are wrong here. I'd feel the same way. I would've given Wentz and Goff their money too. Watson as well. To me its a no brainer. I'd rather pay quarterback than pay any other position on the team. I just don't believe you can win with anyone even though they won with Romo who was undrafted and Dak who was a 4th rounder....I think those guys had skill that was far greater than where they were selected.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I didnt' call you a "hater" but you are wrong here. I'd feel the same way. I would've given Wentz and Goff their money too. Watson as well. To me its a no brainer. I'd rather pay quarterback than pay any other position on the team. I just don't believe you can win with anyone even though they won with Romo who was undrafted and Dak who was a 4th rounder....I think those guys had skill that was far greater than where they were selected.

So you recognized the failures but you still think we should operate like the teams who have failed when someone like myself called all of this from a mile away in regards to overpaying the QB's because the market of stupidity said you just have to?

In this market.. Pay your elites.. Let the Dak's who don't elevate teams take a hike when they want money like an Elite QB / Superbowl Champion.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Well for one Mahomes got his contract after going to ONE Super Bowl. Which he won. Secondly, Mahomes signed a much cheaper deal than he had to. He's not the market setter at this point the market setter is Deshaun Watson. Before him it was Wentz and Goff. So the next guy in line will get more than what Watson got. What Mahomes got is irrelevant to the discussion which is why they are saying he's under Mahomes money.

We can sit here and say Dak isn't Mahomes but there's nothing out there that says he's not what Watson is.

I don't care what Watson makes, if Dak can sucker some team into paying him 40+ mil with his unimpressive resume, he better grab it and run. But for that price I sincerely hope it's not the Dallas Cowboys.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If Dak's agent is not accurately representing Dak's wishes, Dak should fire him.

Probably doesn't have to come to that, I would guess, though I don't know for sure, that the ultimate decision is Dak's, if he thinks an offer is acceptable and his agent doesn't, then Dak should be able to overrule his agent.

But I've never seen an NFL agent contract with a player, so I don't know if that's how it works. I know I'd never sign a contract that gives total control over my career to somebody who never played NFL football...

triplets_93

Reaction score
fredo you disappoint me, dont ever go against the family ever again..lol welp dak could be taken out in boat soon lol

Or, more like being told: "You're out of the family business, that's your punishment. You're finished. I'm putting you on a plane to Oakland..." :laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you recognized the failures but you still think we should operate like the teams who have failed when someone like myself called all of this from a mile away in regards to overpaying the QB's because the market of stupidity said you just have to?

In this market.. Pay your elites.. Let the Dak's who don't elevate teams take a hike when they want money like an Elite QB / Superbowl Champion.
Most definitely because I've looked and studied why the Eagles and Rams have failed and Wentz and Goff aren't at the top of the list at all.

Rams haven't had a 1st round pick SINCE Goff. That's a fail. Teams don't win in this league getting rid of first round picks year after year. How do you improve your team without 1st round talents in every draft? Also factor in they've paid big money to Sammy Watkins, Brandon Cooks and Todd Gurley. Once again, not managing the salary cap wisely.

In regards to the Eagles.....they've traded their 1st round picks as well. Not smart. They've oddly used their resources on tight ends and defensive tackles. They have 3 highly paid defensive tackles.....failure. In the past two drafts, they've passed up Justin Jefferson for Reagor and Metcalf for JJ Artega Whiteside. They've overpaid aging veterans like Alshon Jeffrey's and Desean Jackson. They wasted draft capital on Darius Slay.

Carson Wentz sucks. No doubt. But would he suck as bad if he had Justin Jefferson or DK Metcalf? Would he suck as bad if he had better personnel?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Or, more like being told: "You're out of the family business, that's your punishment. You're finished. I'm putting you on a plane to Oakland..." :laugh:
on Jerry Boat can they make it from TX to Oakland on yacht? lol

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So what are you even going on about then? Why are you harping on 2 games? Here's another math problem...if Dak played 5 games...Gilbert and Dinucci played 2...how many games did Dalton play?

2020 Record of Dallas Starting QB's

Dak 2-3 (credited with win vs. Giants as he was starting QB) Win % .400
Dalton 4-5 Win % .444
Gilbert 0-1 Win % .000
Dinucci 0-1 Win % .000

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't care what Watson makes, if Dak can sucker some team into paying him 40+ mil with his unimpressive resume, he better grab it and run. But for that price I sincerely hope it's not the Dallas Cowboys.

You don't have to "care" what Watson makes. I'm telling you what the "market dictates". Either the Cowboys will sign it or they won't. Either way, you will be right here cheering for the Cowboys regardless of the outcome right?

csirl

Reaction score
I think its all over. Only a couple of working days left and no sign of serious efforts to sign Dak.

I also think the full tag is gone - realistically we cant afford it

The big debate behind doors is Jerry wanting to transition him because Jerry is too loyal to existing players and would feel bad because of the injury. The experts are telling Jerry that even a transition tag is too expensive for an injured QB with major questions.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Most definitely because I've looked and studied why the Eagles and Rams have failed and Wentz and Goff aren't at the top of the list at all.

Rams haven't had a 1st round pick SINCE Goff. That's a fail. Teams don't win in this league getting rid of first round picks year after year. How do you improve your team without 1st round talents in every draft? Also factor in they've paid big money to Sammy Watkins, Brandon Cooks and Todd Gurley. Once again, not managing the salary cap wisely.

In regards to the Eagles.....they've traded their 1st round picks as well. Not smart. They've oddly used their resources on tight ends and defensive tackles. They have 3 highly paid defensive tackles.....failure. In the past two drafts, they've passed up Justin Jefferson for Reagor and Metcalf for JJ Artega Whiteside. They've overpaid aging veterans like Alshon Jeffrey's and Desean Jackson. They wasted draft capital on Darius Slay.

Carson Wentz sucks. No doubt. But would he suck as bad if he had Justin Jefferson or DK Metcalf? Would he suck as bad if he had better personnel?

I love how the blame goes on the players around the overpaid QB.

There is just some QB's who can overcome a big contract and some who can't.

Or it's just a big coincidence that most of these QB's win on their rookie deal and suddenly after they get paid the team around them just didn't manage things properly.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
2020 Record of Dallas Starting QB's

Dak 2-3 (credited with win vs. Giants as he was starting QB) Win % .400
Dalton 4-5 Win % .444
Gilbert 0-1 Win % .000
Dinucci Win % .000

Correct. Dalton faced such juggernauts such as the Arizona Cardinals, Minnesota Vikings, Commanders TWICE, Cinncinati, San Fran, Philly and the Giants. How on earth he won 4 games there still boggles my mind.