Dak wants to be the highest paid player in the NFL

erod

Reaction score
Ben and Skin on The Fan, which carries the Cowboys games, said their sources say Dak's agency is demanding he be the highest-paid player in the NFL.

They are asking for more than $36 million per year.

No thanks. Let him play for $900K this year, and if proves himself, you just saved$35 million you can scatter over the next years when you pay him $40 million pretty year.

Or, if he falls flat, you saved your franchise's cap future.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If you believe this, I'm calling you crazy. Keep moving people .........100% clickbait

If I recall, they also DLaw wanted to be the highest-paid defensive player in the league, which was a lie.

BTW.......link would help OP. Maybe you didn't hear what you think you heard. How do we know?

Last edited:

Sandyf

Reaction score
Ben and Skin on The Fan, which carries the Cowboys games, said their sources say Dak's agency is demanding he be the highest-paid player in the NFL.

No thanks. Let him play for $900K this year, and if proves himself, you just saved$35 million you can scatter over the next years when you pay him $40 million pretty year.

Of course his agents are asking for that, not Dak himself, it is a negotiation point. In the end it going to come down to the guarantee money where Dak probably wants 108 million or about half million more than Wentz.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The BIG Con baby!!!
Nah not even the Jones are that simple minded!!!
LOL.....

Bigdog

Reaction score
I am glad Dak's representatives have a good sense of humor because asking to be paid the highest player in the league is funny especially when the best player in the league just signed an extension that gets him only 23 million a year and he has won 6 SB.

erod

Reaction score
Of course his agents are asking for that, not Dak himself, it is a negotiation point. In the end it going to come down to the guarantee money where Dak probably wants 108 million or about half million more than Wentz.
They said the agents will not come off the "highest paid player" demand, so the negotiations are stalled. They also said Zeke is much closer to being signed than Dak or Cooper.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It will probably get done around 31-32

Regardless of how you feel about Dak, it’s hard to justify being the highest paid player when you’re not the best player in the league.

I just can’t see even see him saying that privately, and he doesn’t strike me as that kind of guy.

Little Jr

Reaction score
He
If you believe this, I'm calling you crazy. Keep moving people .........100% clickbait

If I recall, they also DLaw wanted to be the highest-paid defensive player in the league, which was a lie.

BTW.......link would help OP. Maybe you didn't hear what you think you heard. How do we know?
He heard it right, I heard it too. Still sounds a little fishy. Like someone hoping the story catches on or the FO leaking misinformation to get public "sympathy". Just a month ago the counter offer was 34m. So I'm not sure I'm buying its 36m now. I could be wrong, never know.