Dak with McCarthy

LittleD

Reaction score
Prescott is an unrestricted free agent and it has been reported, that he wants to be paid on the higher side of the QBs. If the Cowboys QB doesn't agree to what the franchise is offering, he will hold out and then the franchise will slap the franchise tag on him. Here is the problem.....

McCarthy is going to install his own offense scheme/plays. Prescott is going to learn a new offense and is going to have to get with McCarthy to learn the verbiage. More than likely, Dak will be wearing a wrist band for the 1st time, as he gets used to the change. PLUS, pre-season is going to big huge to learning the process, but Dak can't do any of this unless he IS IN CAMP from the beginning. Delays in getting into camp, learning the new playbook, will set him back.

So the pressure on the franchise, the head coach and the QB is to get this contract done ASAP to get this learning going.

Don't pay him, Jerry. Just franchise him for two years and draft you a new one.

cern

Reaction score
Lol. Tua is a piece of glass. He barely got hit and blew out his hip. Freak accident or glass factory. I believe the latter. jmho
I read a long medical article about tua and his injury/surgery. Apparently it was very severe and the operation and recuperation will be lengthy. Most of the surgeons suggested he not play in 2020.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I think McCarthy is reasonably optimistic about his ability to develop Dak, but not really committed to him personally. I don't think McCarthy will let himself go down in 2 years if Dak looks like he's stagnating, regardless of his contract.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Serious question, what has Dak ever done, say or acted like to make you think he will miss any workouts, OTA and/or Camps?
:huh:

GMO415

Reaction score
Daks a good soldier so he'll mostly adhere to the game plan. So the ball will be out on the count of two with this West coast offense

SackMaster

Reaction score
Unsubstantiated tweets about him demanding $40m per being treated as gospel, mainly.
Even if he was demanding that type of money, I still fail to see anything in his behavior to suggest he will not put in the work to be the best QB he can for the Cowboys.

JMHO

Sandyf

Reaction score
Drafting a QB in the first couple rounds should take care of this issue
Jerry will sign Dak and Cooper before free agency starts and both probably to at least 5 year deals. Are both going to be overpaid, probably but in three years they both will look like bargains. It is just the business of the NFL.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand the OP's thinking/concern, but I'm confident this will get worked out. QB is too valuable a position for the team to allow a holdout, and getting up to speed with the learning process is too important to the QB's success for him to be okay with a holdout. There is too much incentive on both sides to get a deal done.

erod

Reaction score
Dak is in no position to hold out with his 72 endorsement deals. He'd sign the franchise tag if he needed to.

Plus, I think he knows deep down that he'd be a fairly easy quarterback to move on from. He's not considered among the elite quarterbacks by personnel departments or national media. A holdout wouldn't be kind to him.

Brax

Reaction score
Prescott is an unrestricted free agent and it has been reported, that he wants to be paid on the higher side of the QBs. If the Cowboys QB doesn't agree to what the franchise is offering, he will hold out and then the franchise will slap the franchise tag on him. Here is the problem.....

McCarthy is going to install his own offense scheme/plays. Prescott is going to learn a new offense and is going to have to get with McCarthy to learn the verbiage. More than likely, Dak will be wearing a wrist band for the 1st time, as he gets used to the change. PLUS, pre-season is going to big huge to learning the process, but Dak can't do any of this unless he IS IN CAMP from the beginning. Delays in getting into camp, learning the new playbook, will set him back.

So the pressure on the franchise, the head coach and the QB is to get this contract done ASAP to get this learning going.
Dak is not holding out, I believe Dak and McCarthy are tied at the hip and at some point Dak will get the 5 year deal because ,again, I believe MM sold himself to the Jones boys by his acceptance of Dak as his QB and that was one of Jerry's HC hire requirements (IMHO) and MM wanted this job badly. Dak has no skins on the wall, has had some really good games and many poor ones in 4 years his total body of work would put him as a middle of the road QB at this point and a year under MM should tell the tale on Dak for better or worse. For Jerry to not sign Dak would be unbearable for him after all his talk. The correct move is to franchise tag him (either one) and bring in someone to compete against him and have a fair competition, but I do not think that will happen because of Jerry, we shall see. Should be a good off season to enjoy.