Twitter: Dak Youth Camp Interview- contract neg. bootgate, etc

shabazz

Reaction score
In regards to the boot ; I understand wearing it for preventative maintenance but why would he wear it on a boat dock in Cancun while on vacation?

Seems to be an odd and unstable place to wear it

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That's the thing though,

what's the price to begin with what would be a discount what would be fair price I mean 60 million would be ridiculous ask and I would probably forever hate the dude if that's what he's really pressing for I think if you get the man in the 53 to 55,000,000 range with a lot of it or all of it guaranteed on a short contract with a couple voided years' that's something you should immediately sign him for but he's looking to for the most ridiculous guaranteed contract ever at 60 million I'm thinking it's time to move on just because it just doesn't fit long term team needs to have every player wanting to set a new market record contract instead of like Trayvon diggs for example at least he took the 4th contract he got top five money it was fourth at the time and now it's 5th and cornerback money and he seems to be relatively happy I don't see why players gotta keep resetting the market for their ego when it doesn't fit the team needs it's not a discount it's being more flexible in your negotiations because it's ridiculous to want to keep setting records new market records this is what these dudes want they don't even wanna be top five paid anymore they don't even be the top paid at their position they wanna be the next highest paid player outside of the highest paid quarterback this is becoming out of control....

However way the Dallas Cowboys do this with Prescott is either now and he's on his last year here or later there's no way to avoid paying this man about 50 million a year over two or three years when he's gone there's no way there's going to be dead money for years and years to come once he's gone because of how they done this with quarterbacks and the money they're getting they can't build rosters without kicking the can down the road so far they're going to owe so much money it's going to be almost like Barry Bonds situation....

And all this talk about the front office dragging their feet not signing guys they realize that CD Lam and guys like Micah Parsons are the ones holding these negotiations up because of what I said above they've been waiting for new market money and records and he said because they want to be in the news as an ego driven egocentric world we live in and get record market setting money they've been waiting and Prescott's contract in my opinion are what's keeping the front office for making a decision on Lamb​
I don't see what the problem is I don't care if he holds out all the way to a week before the season starts as long as he shows up the man's making $1,000,000 A GAME under his current contract.. That's beyond plenty and he should show up and play regardless of a new deal or not but Prescott not being signed is why the front office is waiting they literally know they have their entire group the core group signed for 2024 and that's all that matters right now and I agree but Prescott's the piece that's holding everything up because if he doesn't get signed why bother? It would be time to blow it up and I would trade lamb Parsons digs and then allow tank and Martin to walk and just start over that's a lot of draft picks you're gonna get and a lot of money in in the cap to rebuild..​
We've seen it in this league before if you don't have the starting #1 quarterback if he's not top10 doesn't give you every chance to win games then there's no reason to be signing all these other peripheral players that's kind of money they all want high market record setting money and that's just ridiculous without a quarterback....​
Good point about Dak being the lynchpin. If they don't do him then you're absolutely right there's no point in paying anybody else top dollar because without a top tier QB you're going to suck. Period. Like you I've never understood the ego gratification portion of the equation with these contracts. I mean do these guys meet up for a round of golf and compare paychecks? Who cares if I'm the 4th or 5th highest paid at my position? Either way I'm banking more money than I can spend in a lifetime every stinkin year. My ego would get a MUCH larger boost from hoisting a trophy (or trophies) than making a few more $$$. I know leaving 5-10 million on the table sounds preposterous to most people but Brady probably left 100 million on the table over the course of his career... and it seems to have worked out for him just fine. He's not poor and he has 7 rings.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
In regards to the boot ; I understand wearing it for preventative maintenance but why would he wear it on a boat dock in Cancun while on vacation?

Seems to be an odd and unstable place to wear it
According to Broadus it was about making sure he didn't tweak it any further during an all day deep sea fishing trip. Said basically you're on your feet all day and if there's anything wrong with one of your wheels it WILL get aggravated there. Dak probably did it on the recommendation of his doc.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's the thing though,

what's the price to begin with what would be a discount what would be fair price I mean 60 million would be ridiculous ask and I would probably forever hate the dude if that's what he's really pressing for I think if you get the man in the 53 to 55,000,000 range with a lot of it or all of it guaranteed on a short contract with a couple voided years' that's something you should immediately sign him for but he's looking to for the most ridiculous guaranteed contract ever at 60 million I'm thinking it's time to move on just because it just doesn't fit long term team needs to have every player wanting to set a new market record contract instead of like Trayvon diggs for example at least he took the 4th contract he got top five money it was fourth at the time and now it's 5th and cornerback money and he seems to be relatively happy I don't see why players gotta keep resetting the market for their ego when it doesn't fit the team needs it's not a discount it's being more flexible in your negotiations because it's ridiculous to want to keep setting records new market records this is what these dudes want they don't even wanna be top five paid anymore they don't even be the top paid at their position they wanna be the next highest paid player outside of the highest paid quarterback this is becoming out of control....

However way the Dallas Cowboys do this with Prescott is either now and he's on his last year here or later there's no way to avoid paying this man about 50 million a year over two or three years when he's gone there's no way there's going to be dead money for years and years to come once he's gone because of how they done this with quarterbacks and the money they're getting they can't build rosters without kicking the can down the road so far they're going to owe so much money it's going to be almost like Barry Bonds situation....

And all this talk about the front office dragging their feet not signing guys they realize that CD Lam and guys like Micah Parsons are the ones holding these negotiations up because of what I said above they've been waiting for new market money and records and he said because they want to be in the news as an ego driven egocentric world we live in and get record market setting money they've been waiting and Prescott's contract in my opinion are what's keeping the front office for making a decision on Lamb​
I don't see what the problem is I don't care if he holds out all the way to a week before the season starts as long as he shows up the man's making $1,000,000 A GAME under his current contract.. That's beyond plenty and he should show up and play regardless of a new deal or not but Prescott not being signed is why the front office is waiting they literally know they have their entire group the core group signed for 2024 and that's all that matters right now and I agree but Prescott's the piece that's holding everything up because if he doesn't get signed why bother? It would be time to blow it up and I would trade lamb Parsons digs and then allow tank and Martin to walk and just start over that's a lot of draft picks you're gonna get and a lot of money in in the cap to rebuild..​
We've seen it in this league before if you don't have the starting #1 quarterback if he's not top10 doesn't give you every chance to win games then there's no reason to be signing all these other peripheral players that's kind of money they all want high market record setting money and that's just ridiculous without a quarterback....​
He is not pressing for anything. He is letting his Agent do his job. Maybe Jethro should let his GM....oh never mind.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak should not be resigned for his asking price if it's anywhere near $60M. His services are worth over $50M/yr but in my estimate no more than $55M. That's my redline. If he is resolute to walk for anything less than that then I'm good with it. Jerry better not acquiesce to Dak's demands that exceed those numbers.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak should not be resigned for his asking price if it's anywhere near $60M. His services are worth over $50M/yr but in my estimate no more than $55M. That's my redline. If he is resolute to walk for anything less than that then I'm good with it. Jerry better not acquiesce to Dak's demands that exceed those numbers.
That seems resonable, i dont think it will be less than mid 50's. If Dak can get 60 lets hope its not here because this FO already has a hard time building a winner..lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity.. what will you do if he does? How will you exact your revenge up him? The bottom line in all of this is that the market is what the market is. None of us thinks any of these guys is worth the kind of many being thrown at QBs these days but we don't own a team so our opinion of a player's market value aint worth squat. I got used to that reality a long time ago. Unless a lot of us start refusing to watch or attend the games, none of this will ever change.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak does not have any demands. He is letting his Agent do what Agents do.