Dak/Zeke competition for Rookie of the Year

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Maybe none other than Joey Bosa, who has proven to be the real deal, an unblock-able beast. In addition to constantly living in other backfields and creating game-long havoc, Bosa has accumulated 10 and a half sacks in 12 games. Who said rookies can't get sacks?

Now, his team missing the playoffs and national publicity may hurt his chances against Dak and Zeke, but what a dream it would have been to get Zeke and Bosa both in round 1. In the upcoming draft, maybe we should be looking for a beast with a non-stop motor instead of measuring and timing guys in their underpants when looking for pass rushers.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Bosa gets Defensive Rookie of the Year (IMO, despite missing games), and Zeke for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

The only real competition regarding Offensive ROY is whether it should be Zeke or Dak, I think.

sbark

Reaction score
how much parcells "cheese" can these kids eat?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe none other than Joey Bosa, who has proven to be the real deal, an unblock-able beast. In addition to constantly living in other backfields and creating game-long havoc, Bosa has accumulated 10 and a half sacks in 12 games. Who said rookies can't get sacks?

Now, his team missing the playoffs and national publicity may hurt his chances against Dak and Zeke, but what a dream it would have been to get Zeke and Bosa both in round 1. In the upcoming draft, maybe we should be looking for a beast with a non-stop motor instead of measuring and timing guys in their underpants when looking for pass rushers.
On a side note, has anyone noticed that Bosa is a 3-4 DE ?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rookie of the Year is just another accolade that will be expensive in a 2nd contract. But I can't see how anybody other than Dak Prescott could win it. Rookie QBs don't have seasons like he just completed, and every argument about the stacked deck that plays against Dak affects Elliott, too. And Dak's doing it at a much more difficult position to play.

Rosa's going to be a great player for a long time, but give me the record breaking QB over the impressive rookie sack total every time.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Bosa plays defense. He's not competing against Dak and Zeke for the award.

As for our rookies, I'd give Dak OROY, and Zeke offensive player of the year.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Rookie of the Year is just another accolade that will be expensive in a 2nd contract. But I can't see how anybody other than Dak Prescott could win it. Rookie QBs don't have seasons like he just completed, and every argument about the stacked deck that plays against Dak affects Elliott, too. And Dak's doing it at a much more difficult position to play.

Rosa's going to be a great player for a long time, but give me the record breaking QB over the impressive rookie sack total every time.
Yep, when Dak is talked about, it about how he had arguably the greatest rookie QB year of all time. How that doesn't equate to OROY makes zero sense.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, when Dak is talked about, it about how he had arguably the greatest rookie QB year of all time. How that doesn't equate for OROY makes zero sense.

Pretty much end of story.

If Elliott had broken Dickerson's record, that would be another discussion, but as it is, Dak's performance has been the more impressive of the two, for sure.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

Solomon Thomas

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
C1b4vNeUAAAFBtb.jpg:large

"I am the great Cornholio!"

CWR

Reaction score
Wow Bosa ended up being a stud lol. Man did he get trashed here. Oh well, he could still end up as another Merriman. I always wanted Zeke. Hes kind of like the make up pick for passing on Steven Jackson. As well as Dmac is running I still cant imagine the same impact on our offense. Although in hindsight:

Rd 1 Bosa
Rd whatever Jordan Howard. The guy was an animal on a team that wasnt supposed to be able to run the ball.

Dont get me wrong I dont have any regrets, if I did youd have to call me greedy because this draft was a grand slam. Still interesting to think about though. I love Zeke, hes become an instant favorite of mine.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Bosa plays defense. He's not competing against Dak and Zeke for the award.

As for our rookies, I'd give Dak OROY, and Zeke offensive player of the year.
I think David Johnson gets offensive player of the year. Man was a force this season.

windjc

Reaction score
IMO, Dak and Zeke are co-rookies of the year
This is what should happen. For either of these players to not get it would be insane. Two of the best rookie performances in NFL history. #1 QB rookie performance and #3 RB rookie performance. Both historical. Both deserve it.

sean10mm

Reaction score
My wild guess is that Rookie of the Year is Dak, Offensive Rookie of the Year is Zeke and Defensive Rookie of the Year is Bosa. MVP will be a veteran QB.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Don't they split it between offensive and defensive?