Dak Zone

Kwyn

Reaction score
I think for the overall health of the board, putting it all in one place would be beneficial.

All of these threads end up with the same arguments. Typically a dozen times in the same thread.

Right now, there are TEN Dak threads on the front page.

How about a “Dak Zone” forum where all Dak threads could live. That way we wouldn’t be bombarded by it every time we hit the Fan Zone and good threads wouldn’t be so quickly lost in the sea of bitter tears (on both sides).

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once training camp gets here, we will start moderating and merging duplicate topic threads more than we do during the off-season.

We do merge threads in the off-season, but if they have a different angle, we tend to be more laid back about thread merging during the off-season, especially the lull between the draft and training camp.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I think for the overall health of the board, putting it all in one place would be beneficial.

All of these threads end up with the same arguments. Typically a dozen times in the same thread.

Right now, there are TEN Dak threads on the front page.

How about a “Dak Zone” forum where all Dak threads could live. That way we wouldn’t be bombarded by it every time we hit the Fan Zone and good threads wouldn’t be so quickly lost in the sea of bitter tears (on both sides).
I like this idea! Don’t make fun but I’m a member of a cologne forum called Basenotes. Jumped down a rabbit hole 15 yrs ago and have stayed in it. Anyways there is a famous niche brand..Creed… that put out a cologne called Aventus years ago. It became so polarizing in the community that they made a subforum just to take the junk off the main site. I feel like it’s the same 10 or so love/hate posters on Dak so having their own playpen may make sense

Kwyn

Reaction score
I like this idea! Don’t make fun but I’m a member of a cologne forum called Basenotes. Jumped down a rabbit hole 15 yrs ago and have stayed in it. Anyways there is a famous niche brand..Creed… that put out a cologne called Aventus years ago. It became so polarizing in the community that they made a subforum just to take the junk off the main site. I feel like it’s the same 10 or so love/hate posters on Dak so having their own playpen may make sense
I like it!

Polarizing, and oftentimes hostile, opinions are exactly what we have here!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many years ago we tried the idea of creating separate forums for hot topics.

We created forums like the TO Zone, Romo Zone, etc. as well as many other attempts to separate the negativity from the other forums including creating a Rant Zone forum. Unfortunately, those ideas never solved any problems.

On top of the animosity some members had for each other carrying over into the other forums, when we banned those thread topics in the other forums the members who were desperate to troll their opinions simply hijacked unrelated threads in those forums to have those discussions.

No matter what side people are on, many fail to appreciate the reason the "other side" is so aggressive with their posts is because members on "their side" have been aggressive toward the "other side", so neither side is without blame.