CFZ Dak's 2022 season eerily similar to Romo 2014

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Come on dude why do we need to go through this all the time? Nothing about Dak's career says "average." 65% winning percentage.. 67% completion percentage .. top 10 all time passer rating.. top 5 all time TD/INT ratio.. On pace to make his 4th playoff appearance in his 6th full year as a starter. Sorry but "average" QBs don't have that kind of resume. You wanna ding him for his lack of playoff wins fine.. but the fact remains that he has jumped over "average" a long time ago. Unless we're changing the definition of average to being among the all time top 10 in multiple categories and winning 2/3 of your games.

Dak is fine...the initial poster that I responded to is my friend and he knows I'm just tickling his ribs. Senior Hennessy is cool.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I'm not sure the 2014 defense stops ARod from getting a game-winner (they couldn't get the ball back after the Dez play), but I would've liked to have found out.

This year's bunch, in a situation where the opponent is down and has to pass, would get after him.
ARod would have carved the defense if they were behind with a few min left. Cowboys couldn’t stop ARod and they were calling conservative plays in that final drive.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Nah, I love Dak but youre not gonna get away with calling Romo average because he definitely was not. They both are probowl qbs and top 10 in their respective eras.
Romo never was in top 10 consideration except for 2014 where he got carried by an 1800 yard rusher. Then he crashed back down to earth

Ken

Reaction score
Na its def a reach

Nowhere in your comparison did you mention Dak playing against the worst defense in the league at home.

Romo’s clunker in week 1 was from him being rusty after the injury. Dak’s clunker week 1 was because he sucks when he doesnt have great protection

Them being Quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys is a better similarity than your reach
Probably bc it was "you" understood that Romo faced the 29th-ranked Titan D on the road.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Probably bc it was "you" understood that Romo faced the 29th-ranked Titan D on the road.
Facing the 29th ranked titans D on the road with your team 0-1 is way different than coming back and facing the worst defense in the league at home when your team was 4-2 without you

Ken

Reaction score
Facing the 29th ranked titans D on the road with your team 0-1 is way different than coming back and facing the worst defense in the league at home when your team was 4-2 without you
If you say so Willie!

lol

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Nah its actually no different. It just debunks your narrative is all.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Dak's 2022 season eerily similar to Romo 2014

Both their careers up to this point have been eerily similar.

They both are 18-24 against winning teams.

Romo's QB rating is 97.1 and Dak's rating is 98.2.

Romo's playoff record is 2-4 and Dak has a playoff record of 1-3.

Romo's legacy is already set in stone but Dak is still carving his. That's the big difference.