Twitter: Dak's back and healthy

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I really hope he takes it easy on that ankle for a couple of months and doesn't push it too hard too fast. We can't afford for him to go down because he pushed it too hard.
I think he will continue to rehab to strengthen the ankle. that's what he has done so far. I am sure the doctors will be limiting him.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
ok, another 10 page Dak trade, with the usual suspects. He is over paid. True 42M is too much. True. we can't build a defense. True. 2019 philly game. True. he didn't throw a TD in jets game. True. he is stat collector. True. he needs to score more early in the game. True. he is between 10-15, more likely 15 in the league. True. He is not starting material. False. any QB can do the same with cowboys. A top 15 QB would do more. True. we should have kept Dalton, look at what Dalton did. False. I would have kept Dalton for his 2020 salary in a heartbeat.

I bet I am missing a few, so about page 10 of this thread we will revisit and update the list.

And yet Dak fans cheer him getting top money which cripples this team's ability to build a winner. SMH.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Good to see the captain back at the helm of the ship. Especially since he suffered serious ligament damage and had to have his foot amputated and still can't walk.. because.. well you know the Dak haters sad he would not be ready to participate in training camp and would likely miss the beginning of the regular season. This picture is clearly photo-shopped and in reality Dak was in a wheelchair on the sideline trying to figure out how to walk on his prosthetic foot while Dinnucci and Gilbert ran the drills.
well, that image is not the real image, somone photo shopped it and removed the crutch from the pick....its a lie....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about him mentally than I am physically.

Will he still leave the pocket? Will he be much more hesitant to fight for yards? Will he just take the sack instead of trying to keep the play alive? Will he still fight for those goal line TDs?
I think once the games start, natural instincts will take over....he may start hesitant, but he will soon learn to trust the ankle....or at least that's my guess

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And yet Dak fans cheer him getting top money which cripples this team's ability to build a winner. SMH.
so tell me how it stops the team from building a winner? no one has been able to successfully explain that....but its a rallying cry for many

now, in regards to Dalton. I guess your plan was to aim for top 3 pick? what else would you have in mind?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
so tell me how it stops the team from building a winner? no one has been able to successfully explain that....but its a rallying cry for many

now, in regards to Dalton. I guess your plan was to aim for top 3 pick? what else would you have in mind?
"we should have kept Dalton, look at what Dalton did. False. I would have kept Dalton for his 2020 salary in a heartbeat."
He would have been a great backup to Dak at the right price. Way better than the Nooch or GG.

Reaction score
I read it in King Julian's voice

This King Julian?

c0f0434beeb4ca4f54bda5629c1af932.jpg

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"we should have kept Dalton, look at what Dalton did. False. I would have kept Dalton for his 2020 salary in a heartbeat."
He would have been a great backup to Dak at the right price. Way better than the Nooch or GG.
I agree that he would have been a good back up....but he got 10M...chicago was stupid.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'll take the bait......
Once a team builds a winner, and pays their QB millions, the QB doesn't win anymore. The Qb doesn't break, the TEAM bank does.
well, on the contrary. didn't Eli win, he won two superbowls. Rodgers has had some Success. so had Pittsburgh. so where do you come that once paid they don't win and how does that correlate to them not winning...

what you just posted was pure conjecture and high level talking point, without facts.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
how does it stop you from building a winner? you sound like you are just repeating high level remarks from some of the posters. what specifically stops the team?

blueblood70

Reaction score

nice he can half practices etc but the real test is how he feels with live game action with craziness all around him and taking that first few big hits and tackles..thats the real test and unfortunately that wont happen until maybe PS but his first real action could be against TB defense on rthe road and i can see him throwing a lot of balls away like worm burners at first avoiding contact until he settles in LOL

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad and I hope he is back.
But I will wait till Tampa Bay just to see for myself. if he is back at 100% scoreboard.
If not top 3 pick here we come.
I was waiting for this post before I did it myself.

The same people that are ecstatic here...complain that someone says, for the 25 year in a row..."we're winning the off season".

I'm okay to be positive....and things look in that direction. But what else do you expect him to say? "I'm not really ready to be in an NFL game right this second"?

Can't wait to see him healthy ON THE FIELD....September - January.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not even.. In the short time I have been aware of Dak Prescott.. his mental toughness has never been a question. This kid played a game what 3? days after his mom died. He came back from the "Chaz Green game" .. How many QBs have been ruined taking as many hits as he took that day. What was it? 9 sacks? 6 by one stinkin guy? He has shown in games that no deficit is too large for him to bring this team back from. He has no quit in him.. I can't find it within myself to worry about him.. Maybe I should be worried.. but I'm not..

That's fine. Great! But we gotta get "winner" out of him. Put this team on his back, elevate each and every one (yes...even the defense...they will play for you if you show 'em!).

No, I'm not saying he's never done it. And of course he has no quit and is fearless. But winning is the deal. A true "leader" put's that his his shoulders (and makes the corrections- no lip service allowed) even though it is a team game.

Come on Dak let's go git 'em!

starman22

Reaction score

Did they build a winner before paying him? The results have been very average over the last couple decades.
Say what you want, I like Dak and want us to win with him, but when you take the money out of the equation that he is paid, how can you expect the team to get better?