Daks Calf; watch JimmyG this week,

blueblood70

Reaction score
why because they have a very similar situation both calf injuries' right before the his bye and now Jimmys practicing to see if he can play and how well this weekend..

Its worth a look just to gauge how this goes if he starts..if he does start how well he plays and IF he re-tweaks it.

i know there DC FO needs to watch..we might have to go with option 2 and let dak heal up against the vikes vs him re-tweaking and it lingering..

there are far bigger games coming then the Vikings.

a heavy run game and solid defense with no crazy analytics clock issues in the game

we could still win :) Maybe :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
why because they have a very similar situation both calf injuries' right before the his bye and now Jimmys practicing to see if he can play and how well this weekend..

Its worth a look just to gauge how this goes if he starts..if he does start how well he plays and IF he re-tweaks it.

i know there DC FO needs to watch..we might have to go with option 2 and let dak heal up against the vikes vs him re-tweaking and it lingering..

a heavy run game and solid defense with no crazy analytics clock issues in the game

Thing is there are 3 grades of calf strains,

Grade 1 degree strain Symptoms:
  • Slight swelling and bruising.
  • The muscles can feel tight and ache when stretched.
  • Pain/discomfort can be felt after the activity, and can last from between 2-5 days
Grade 2 degree strain Symptoms:
  • The pain is immediate.
  • The muscle can be tender to touch.
  • There is inflammation.
  • A few days after the injury, bruising will appear below where the partial tear has occurred.
  • The muscle feels tight and painful on resisted plantar flexion (pointing the toe).
Grade 3 degree strain Symptoms – a complete rupture
  • Pain is felt immediately, and can feel like a burning or stabbing sensation.
  • The muscle is tender to touch.
  • Inflammation occurs.
  • A lump of muscle tissue can be felt where the tear has occurred.
  • A few days after the injury, bruising will appear below where the rupture has occurred.
  • Pain is felt when walking or weight bearing.
  • Unable to contract the muscle, as the muscle has ruptured completely.
Calf Strain (Pulled Calf Muscle) treatment and symptoms | Vivomed
Which grade of strain did Garoppolo have? which one is Dak dealing with. Trying to compare 2 players with quote a calf strain is kind of misleading since the severity of the strain is an unknown so may be completely different in terms of treatment and recovery time

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

What makes you think they are identical in severity?

jrumann59

Reaction score
Is it just me or is the calf thing a much more common injury this year. It's like it hired a publicist or had an army of bots posting about it on Twitter. Are calf injuries spread by airborne contact?
That is what shelved Zack last year.

plymkr

Reaction score

• Pain/discomfort can be felt after the activity, and can last from between 2-5 days
  • The pain is immediate.
  • There is inflammation.
  • A few days after the injury, bruising will appear below where the partial tear has occurred.
  • The muscle feels tight and painful on resisted plantar flexion (pointing the toe).
  • Inflammation occurs.
  • A few days after the injury, bruising will appear below where the rupture has occurred.
Which grade of strain did Garoppolo have? which one is Dak dealing with. Trying to compare 2 players with quote a calf strain is kind of misleading since the severity of the strain is an unknown so may be completely different in terms of treatment and recovery time
Do we know officially what grade of strain Dak has?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jimmy G’s was more serious his was a calf pull. Dak’s is a strain.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
problem with trying to compare an injury like this is like trying to compare a 1st degree burn to a 3rd degree burn. While both instance a person has been burned the severity of it and overall treatment is much different.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it just me or is the calf thing a much more common injury this year. It's like it hired a publicist or had an army of bots posting about it on Twitter. Are calf injuries spread by airborne contact?
I've had a few calves at my ranch that have had issues. Had to bury a few and put down a couple, but most walk it off in a few days....

EGTuna

Reaction score
Plus people’s bodies react, behave, and heal differently. I’m guessing Dak will be not practicing during the early part of next week, then limited Friday, and finally will be a game time decision Sunday Night where he will do everything he can to play. If it’s determined he can play without a high-to-medium risk of making the calf injury worse, then he’ll play. If not, he won’t.

Zimmer’s no dummy. He’ll dial up a lot of blitzes to get Dak off his spot, and their D has been very good recently.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I've had a few calves at my ranch that have had issues. Had to bury a few and put down a couple, but most walk it off in a few days....
the-ultimate-hamburger.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score

• The pain is immediate.
  • There is inflammation.
  • Inflammation occurs.

tell me oh wise one LMAO

which do either have since no one will disclose it..its Bye , we need to have things to talk about , this is mine..

and yet we have zero ideas on daks

so we must assume a lot of scenarios..mine was one of them a Qb with similar injury and bye before his next game is about to test his..

will be a least a close base line.

blueblood70

Reaction score
YES each year there seems to be run on one injury and yes it the year of the calf..

maybe we are supposed to sacrifice a few to appease the gods..lol

or is that lambs do lambs have calfs ok yes or is it a cow..IDK lol