Dak's confidence is shot

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Just from what I've seen this is the only thing that I can come up with to explain what has happened to him. It has been shown in the film break down that he just doesn't trust his own ability to make throws.
I think that the coaches have to find a way to help him regain his confidence but he has to stop being afraid of making mistakes because they are happening anyway when he holds on to the ball instead of letting it fly.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yeppers, I'd kinda' authorized him to throw his T&E mechanism off over into the ditch,as he wasn't doing the CORPS any justice with it anyway, and well, it ain't gonna be the first time gunnery Sgt.BIG SWEAT suffers a kiniption ,,,He's absolutely,POSITIVELY gonna have start operating a FREE GUN if there's any hope of success within his designated fields of fire, although, I'm not quite ready to tell him to go complete TONY GUNSLINGER ROMO MODE, just yet,,er,,,as that could prove catastrophically categorized into the career ending casing-liner fer' HIM,,,but the CAT is gonna have to GIT' UP ON TOP OF HIS GUN &be swivelling his cannon & FIRING like it's his second natural nature,,, or his 'game' will toast up real quick & nobody's buying burnt cold toast fer' breakfast, That I know ofo_O

*you can DO IT #4,WE KNOW YOU CAN:thumbup:
:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or be performed well because he needed to keep Romo on the bench.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Or be performed well because he needed to keep Romo on the bench.
SHEESE, so yer' implying it was possibly some kinda high performance Q.B.'s casing-liner contest,with the Dak Attack winning out& while he resides upon his conquested victory Laurels, his life's sole purpose having been completed,being competently competitive holds not the gleaming luster of yesteryear?,,,er,,,:huh:,,,you just might be onto something there,,,Hell if I know?:lmao:

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
He's been figured out by the rest of the NFL. Plain and simple.

Put 8 men in the box, put pressure on him, stop the run and force him to beat you with his arm.

He was a bit of a mystery to defenses his rookie year. Not now.

I'm afraid we're stuck with a backup QB until we can draft a starting QB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SHEESE, so yer' implying it was possibly some kinda high performance Q.B.'s casing-liner contest,with the Dak Attack winning out& while he resides upon his conquested victory Laurels, his life's sole purpose having been completed,being competently competitive holds not the gleaming luster of yesteryear?,,,er,,,:huh:,,,you just might be onto something there,,,Hell if I know?:lmao:

Who knows? But it’s why I wanted us to invest in a competent veteran backup this offseason. Having Dak go in the crapper is about worst-case-scenario bad.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I'm not giving up on him just yet. His first game was pretty much preseason. Be the Boyz think twice next year about sitting the starters so much. Years ago, the first team played a full half in the 4th preseason game.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Who knows? But it’s why I wanted us to invest in a competent veteran backup this offseason. Having Dak go in the crapper is about worst-case-scenario bad.
Ya,I'm hearing you NOW! Ya know, for years it was always kinda' an inside joke about whenever we'd sign some promising looking ball hawking defensive back,the old line adage was "Just wait, that'll get COACHED outta' him SOON ENOUGH", while it was always kinda' humorous on the surface,it generally proved true,,,but this obvious regression in not only DAK but what was witnessed in Cooper Rush's preseason lameness as well,,,You could kinda' Start picking up on something not quite right in Dak's game in the first half of game #1 of the 2017 season & it's exponentially expanded since,,,Man Alive, there wasn't even a hint of self doubt nor indecision in #4's preseason debut of 2016, it's leading me into a stronger belief of that old line adageo_O

Big_D

Reaction score
He's been figured out by the rest of the NFL. Plain and simple.

Put 8 men in the box, put pressure on him, stop the run and force him to beat you with his arm.

He was a bit of a mystery to defenses his rookie year. Not now.

I'm afraid we're stuck with a backup QB until we can draft a starting QB.

I believe this is what happened. There's plenty of film at this point.