Dak's Final Season Numbers

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He's such a pretender. The ultimate empty stats guy.

Cowboys fans could have told the Vikings this.

Whenever the chips are down, Kirk Cousins finds a way to lose. He did it in Washington and today he choked away a playoff berth in Minnesota. 5-25 in his career against teams with winning records.

This is an $84 million quarterback???

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dak Prescott's 2018 season was really a tale of two seasons. His first half numbers underwhelmed, in large part to have nothing to work with but a bunch of jags and unseasoned young guys. Now that we are at the end of the regular season, his numbers are very good.

BOLD = career high

356 completions
526 attempts.
67.7%(67.8 rookie year) completion percentage.
3,885 yards
242 ypg
7,4 ypa
22 tds
8 ints
96.9 rating

Rushing

75 attempts
305 yards
4.1 ypc
6 tds (ties first two years)

These numbers rival his rookie season and he did it with a patchwork offensive line and a bunch of young guys at TE and WR. We saw the growng pains early in the season and they have all come along as the season progressed. We should have something really good to build off of for next year.
Those are really great numbers, how it does not seem as good????

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Waiting for the stats are meaningless crowd...

While it is true that stats don't show everything, in Dak's case they do show he's not the scrub his haters make him out to be.

My favorite Dak stat: First QB in NFL history to win 30+ games (32 to be exact) with 65+ TD passes (67) and 25 or less interceptions over his first three seasons.

Bluefin

Reaction score
So with a true #1 receiver added and slightly better Oline play Dak would have had 4900 yards and 28 TD's in a full season? That's in the last 8 games only? That is incredible.
I haven't seen Dak's numbers passing from a clean pocket this season, or for minimal versus heavy pressure, but his numbers over 2016-17 were incredible.

Passing from a 'clean pocket' over '16-17, Dak was 328 of 440 (74.5 percent) for 3,842 yd (8.7 ypa), 30 td, 2 int and a QB rating of 121.4

When pressured less than 40% of the time over his first two seasons, Dak had a 112.7 QB rating, 38 tds, 3 int, 8.2 ypa, 68.8 completion percentage and 234.8 yards per game.

These stats come from PFF in a story by John Kinnear at CowboysWire.

The linked article showed how great Dak can be when everything is working and how bad it got when it wasn't.

I'm curious to see what the numbers will look like once updated for 2018.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I haven't seen Dak's numbers passing from a clean pocket this season, or for minimal versus heavy pressure, but his numbers over 2016-17 were incredible.

Passing from a 'clean pocket' over '16-17, Dak was 328 of 440 (74.5 percent) for 3,842 yd (8.7 ypa), 30 td, 2 int and a QB rating of 121.4

When pressured less than 40% of the time over his first two seasons, Dak had a 112.7 QB rating, 38 tds, 3 int, 8.2 ypa, 68.8 completion percentage and 234.8 yards per game.

These stats come from PFF in a story by John Kinnear at CowboysWire.

The linked article showed how great Dak can be when everything is working and how bad it got when it wasn't.

I'm curious to see what the numbers will look like once updated for 2018.

This is exactly what I have been saying. Give him his good Oline back and we are all set. Not sure why this is so difficult to see for some of these guys.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Those are really great numbers, how it does not seem as good????
Lots of ugly offense this season.

Way too many sacks taken and fumbles by Dak Prescott.

Zeke is again the rushing champ but his rushing TDs are way down. #21 hasn't had a multi-rushing TD game since his rookie season.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
All QBs miss open receivers. Go pick any game at random in the past 20 years and I bet you at least once in that game, there will be an open WR or TE for an easy TD.

True. The greatest do it. I have seen Tom Brady miss a guy running wide open. I have seen Aaron Rodgers throw horrible passes into triple coverage. I have seen Drew Brees hold onto the ball too long.

Dak has his flaws, but like the guys I listed above, he wins. I am not putting Dak into their category yet, they are better pure passers and have been around a lot longer, but you see my point.

Bluefin

Reaction score
This is exactly what I have been saying. Give him his good Oline back and we are all set. Not sure why this is so difficult to see for some of these guys.
On the flip side, Dak has gotten so much better at playing when everything isn't perfect around him.

I want to get the dominant pass protecting OL and ground game back to pair with a defense ready to shoulder its share of the load, such things will make Dak's job much easier.

But he has to continue growing, too, and be prepared to win games when the OL, running game and/or defense isn't at its best.

Like we say today.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
On the flip side, Dak has gotten so much better at playing when everything isn't perfect around him.

I want to get the dominant pass protecting OL and ground game back to pair with a defense ready to shoulder its share of the load, such things will make Dak's job much easier.

But he has to continue growing, too, and be prepared to win games when the OL, running game and/or defense isn't at its best.

Like we say today.

Agreed and he has been. Has the work ethic and confidence to do it. Better coaching would help.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
These numbers are the most impressive to me:

4th qtr/OT, margin 8 points or less, 2016-18

1 Brady 132 of 193 1816 yd 11 td 1 int 115.1
2 Prescott 169 of 257 2222 yd 16 td 2 int 110.4
3 Wilson 157 of 245 2074 yd 18 td 3 int 110.1
4 Rthlsbrgr 161 of 233 1986 14 td 3 int 109.8
5 Brees 177 of 247 2053 yd 17 td 6 int 109.3

Ken

Reaction score
Uh, his numbers are not good... nor do they even come close to rivaling his rookie numbers. His numbers are going to end up falling in the mediocre range at best. Most categories he is still in the bottom half of the league.
How do they not come close?

1 less td thrown and 4 more picks and about 6 points in rating.

Without the best OL in the league and nothing resembling Dez or Witten that year for half of this season.

Keep being negative though...it serves you well.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Dak Prescott's 2018 season was really a tale of two seasons. His first half numbers underwhelmed, in large part to have nothing to work with but a bunch of jags and unseasoned young guys. Now that we are at the end of the regular season, his numbers are very good.

BOLD = career high

356 completions
526 attempts.
67.7%(67.8 rookie year) completion percentage.
3,885 yards
242 ypg
7,4 ypa
22 tds
8 ints
96.9 rating

Rushing

75 attempts
305 yards
4.1 ypc
6 tds (ties first two years)

These numbers rival his rookie season and he did it with a patchwork offensive line and a bunch of young guys at TE and WR. We saw the growng pains early in the season and they have all come along as the season progressed. We should have something really good to build off of for next year.

Great Work Appreciate the Post !