Dak's leverage - the 2021 QB FA class

black label

Reaction score
You're going to see more and more big name QB's on the open market, there's a wealth of average to good QB's in the league. Dak will be one of those guys that gets moved around in the next few years, teams are realizing that you can't pay for average.

So true man

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Does the name Aaron Rodgers mean anything to you?

Plus, Dalton would have been a year with us by then and would know the offense and team.

The question would be, would Dalton sign a 3 year deal AVG 20M or less a year to stay?

I would go that route and buy a defense with the left overs.

At this point, only way Dak gets his pay day here is if he wins a SB.

and you will never win a Super Bowl , enjoy mediocrity hhahahahaha

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have committed to Dak...the only real advantage is at year 4 or 5 of a new contract, which offer then saves the Cowboys the most money, then.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All this speculation about the QB market in the next few years win;t matter to the Cowboys once Dak signs his new deal in July. They won't be concerned with that market again until at least 2024.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Put together package i.e. try to get something for Dak, throw in Cooper/Gallup/Zeke, our first and/or second round pick depending on where we're projected to draft next year, move up and get Trevor Lawrence and let McCarthy work with him at the pro level.

Then, once deemed a really good franchise QB like everyone says he is going to be, sign him to a LTD immediately.

That's my dream scenario.

During the whole Romo/Dak battle of 2016, I was in favor of Dak. But defenses are on to him and now he is frustrating to watch. Each night I pick a game to re-watch. His play reminds me of a line from the movie, Searching for Bobby Fischer, "don't move until you see it". It takes Dak too long to "see it" and then the ball is late and the catch is contested.

Last edited: