Dak's TD totals: good teams vs bad teams

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not facts, excuses. I hate all the excuse making. You can say that about just about any quarterback and then not have any kind of accountability.
NOT excuses factual evidence the team obliterated the game not the qb..got it

that like saying a sprinter sprains and ankle and loses that thats an excuse to why he lost LMAO

it would be a fact real reporting .. and that just a runner who doesn't have team consider the OL an ankle and well it got sprained, DL calf, got pulled, play caller the hammy got pulled now daks the other leg hard to win game on one leg and getting poked in the eye....that's for sure. sorry its 100% all facts.

the big games were lost as team many and far too many penalties and mistakes to have success and Dak not to blame hes very slim reason we lost.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Not facts, excuses. I hate all the excuse making. You can say that about just about any quarterback and then not have any kind of accountability.

I mean you can't really say that about all Qbs. Dallas legitimately had the most penalties in the league.

Capture.jpg

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
NOT excuses factual evidence the team obliterated the game not the qb..got it

that like saying a sprinter sprains and ankle and loses that thats an excuse to why he lost LMAO

it would be a fact real reporting .. and that just a runner who doesn't have team consider the OL an ankle and well it got sprained, DL calf, got pulled, play caller the hammy got pulled now daks the other leg hard to win game on one leg and getting poked in the eye....that's for sure. sorry its 100% all facts.

the big games were lost as team many and far too many penalties and mistakes to have success and Dak not to blame hes very slim reason we lost.

You saying the team, but the jock sniffers around here will say everyone buy Dak and not give him his proper share of the blame. In this game, the last play is is on him and the center for example. Also plenty of bad throws. Dak did not have a good game. But instead we have to hear that Dak needs an offensive line, needs a running game, needs better coaching, and so on and so on. Dak just needs to make plays.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I mean you can't really say that about all Qbs. Dallas legitimately had the most penalties in the league.

Capture.jpg

Was this ever considered a valid excuse for Romo when Dallas was one of the most penalized teams back then? If people weren't allowed to use it as an excuse back then, why now?

Sandyf

Reaction score
It is amazing that there do many threads on Dak either for or against. Thought we were literally the only fan base like this but amazingly every team goes through it every year. The reality is 31 QBs, 31 teams and 31 fan bases are not going to be happy in 3 weeks and probably going to blame the QB and HC for not getting to the Super Bowl and winning it. As to Dak, I think he can be better but we better give him better blocking.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Was this ever considered a valid excuse for Romo when Dallas was one of the most penalized teams back then? If people weren't allowed to use it as an excuse back then, why now?

It's not an excuse, it is the reality of the situation whether you agree or not.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I dont need anything explained to me, child. You think all teams always go into prevent, lol??? Go look AZI game you referenced. We were down 8 points at the start of the fourth. They were not playing pReVeNt dEfEnSe.

This right before the biggest play in the 4th, drive which resulted in a TD. Look at the Prevent Defense alignment. Super basic stuff.

Capture.jpg
Free safety is completely out of the picture he's so deep.

But you are right in that they aren't in a 1 minute left, up by 10 defense yet.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
You saying the team, but the jock sniffers around here will say everyone buy Dak and not give him his proper share of the blame. In this game, the last play is is on him and the center for example. Also plenty of bad throws. Dak did not have a good game. But instead we have to hear that Dak needs an offensive line, needs a running game, needs better coaching, and so on and so on. Dak just needs to make plays.

This is the funny part--he does make plays. But then YOU make the excuses--it wasn't against a good team, it wasn't a big game, garbage time, state padding, or a myriad of other disqualifiers.

Yes, he has his share of the blame. I don't think anyone would argue otherwise. The part you're being disingenuous about is that you want to out the blame solely on him, no excuses right?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
This is the funny part--he does make plays. But then YOU make the excuses--it wasn't against a good team, it wasn't a big game, garbage time, state padding, or a myriad of other disqualifiers.

Yes, he has his share of the blame. I don't think anyone would argue otherwise. The part you're being disingenuous about is that you want to out the blame solely on him, no excuses right?

The reason for pointing out the Washington and Phili games was that those didn't determine how the cowboys will do in the playoffs. Like I also said, Dak and Romo are quarterbacks on the same tier, good but not elite, and they have about the same amount of leadership that they won't overcome the broken culture of this team come playoff time and will be effected just like everyone else by it. Dak wasn't a difference maker in that game, did plenty of mistake, and ultimately had his choke moment at the end of the game that is comparable to Romo's Seattle moment. He's not an elite player and he is not clutch because like Romo he doesn't perform in the playoffs consistently enough to make a difference. And yes the whole team, except for the defense play poorly. But who is more disingenuous, the people who start of listing of excuses like the refs, the offensive line, dropped passes, etc, etc; or the people who already know these excuses are going to be put out and say hod on a minute, why are you guys hating on everyone but dak? And yes Dak needs to just make plays, but those are more important in critical games than games that would've made no difference like vs eagle at the end of the season. Talent will win you games in the regular season. The right culture on a team will win you games in the post season. Dak is not elite or enough of a leader (being an average leader) to help overcome the broken culture of this team and make a difference in the playoffs. Tony wasn't either. And all this talk about him needing a better supporting cast, well we not going to get that since he got the elite quarterback contract. It was a problem with Rodgers in Greenbay, most thought that Rodgers might be elite enough to overcome it, but maybe not even him. It will be a problem here going forward, as Dak will have less and less talent surround him eventually. Who here thinks next year we will have as good of a team as we had this year?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak vs SF, Tampa, Raiders, Patriots, Cardinals, Chiefs (playoff teams)

13 TDs

2.16666 TDs per game

Dak in other 11 games (non playoff teams + Eagles)

27 TDs

2.454545 TDs per game

So he scores 0.29 less TDs against good teams vs bad teams. I'm not trying to make a Dak love or Dak excuse thread. I'm just saying... everyone says he beats bad teams, but his TD production doesn't show too drastic a difference between how he plays vs good teams and bad teams. TDs are the main stat. That shows that plays are being made and points are being scored. None of these games were in garbage time so all these stats are relevant.

I don't think it's only Dak that doesn't show up vs good teams. Nobody else shows up either. Pass rush is a no show against the NFC West. Defense forces turnovers only against Taysom Hill and Mike Glennon. Defense clearly looks way better vs the Giants and Vikings than vs challenging teams. Offensive line gets bulldozed against the Niners and Chiefs. Running game relatively ineffective. Always a few kicks missed in key games. 100 penalties when we're forced to play more physically. We need to find out why EVERYONE plays worse against great teams. It's not just a Dak problem. It's a team problem. Thoughts?

maybe we not as good as advertised?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The reason for pointing out the Washington and Phili games was that those didn't determine how the cowboys will do in the playoffs. Like I also said, Dak and Romo are quarterbacks on the same tier, good but not elite, and they have about the same amount of leadership that they won't overcome the broken culture of this team come playoff time and will be effected just like everyone else by it. Dak wasn't a difference maker in that game, did plenty of mistake, and ultimately had his choke moment at the end of the game that is comparable to Romo's Seattle moment. He's not an elite player and he is not clutch because like Romo he doesn't perform in the playoffs consistently enough to make a difference. And yes the whole team, except for the defense play poorly. But who is more disingenuous, the people who start of listing of excuses like the refs, the offensive line, dropped passes, etc, etc; or the people who already know these excuses are going to be put out and say hod on a minute, why are you guys hating on everyone but dak? And yes Dak needs to just make plays, but those are more important in critical games than games that would've made no difference like vs eagle at the end of the season. Talent will win you games in the regular season. The right culture on a team will win you games in the post season. Dak is not elite or enough of a leader (being an average leader) to help overcome the broken culture of this team and make a difference in the playoffs. Tony wasn't either. And all this talk about him needing a better supporting cast, well we not going to get that since he got the elite quarterback contract. It was a problem with Rodgers in Greenbay, most thought that Rodgers might be elite enough to overcome it, but maybe not even him. It will be a problem here going forward, as Dak will have less and less talent surround him eventually. Who here thinks next year we will have as good of a team as we had this year?

Dak not Gangsta enough???...along with rest of team exception ..Parsons///Diggs got 11 INT's but got burned more than any other CB....our defense was not as good as advertised and offense needs better O line

and should have much less Zeke....the old Zeke even if caught in backfield would road grade defenders for 3-4 yards...lost power..speed..and wiggle....why not replace 65% Pollard and 35% Zeke?

dont lose Pollard...draft another good RB or elevate Rico Dowdle after recover from injury....lose Zeke...after next year because if we try next year we eat 30+ million...super bad contract

its Jerry why we always in this pickle

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dak vs SF, Tampa, Raiders, Patriots, Cardinals, Chiefs (playoff teams)

13 TDs

2.16666 TDs per game

Dak in other 11 games (non playoff teams + Eagles)

27 TDs

2.454545 TDs per game

So he scores 0.29 less TDs against good teams vs bad teams. I'm not trying to make a Dak love or Dak excuse thread. I'm just saying... everyone says he beats bad teams, but his TD production doesn't show too drastic a difference between how he plays vs good teams and bad teams. TDs are the main stat. That shows that plays are being made and points are being scored. None of these games were in garbage time so all these stats are relevant.

I don't think it's only Dak that doesn't show up vs good teams. Nobody else shows up either. Pass rush is a no show against the NFC West. Defense forces turnovers only against Taysom Hill and Mike Glennon. Defense clearly looks way better vs the Giants and Vikings than vs challenging teams. Offensive line gets bulldozed against the Niners and Chiefs. Running game relatively ineffective. Always a few kicks missed in key games. 100 penalties when we're forced to play more physically. We need to find out why EVERYONE plays worse against great teams. It's not just a Dak problem. It's a team problem. Thoughts?
The problem with the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH is he's always LATE TO THE PARTY when he's facing the GOOD TEAMS. The Good teams get out on the Boys and go into their prevent defense which allows the MEDIOCRE SLOTH to get his, but when he's facing bottom-feeders or teams that sit their starting defensive players he goes off because these teams don't have the best or brightest DC's in the fold or they don't have the better players to lockdown the MEDIOCRE SLOTH! If HOMERS on this site get all excited about SLOTH racking up ridiculous TDs and yardage numbers beating up bottom-feeders then you'll probably be a happy camper for the next couple of years, but if there are HOMERS who are tired of watching the MEDIOCRE SLOTH get his *** handed to him every time he faces better teams then I want to hear from those HOMERS! We need to send a message that if the MEDIOCRE SLOTH can't elevate his game to the next level then it's time for him to CRAWL away.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak not Gangsta enough???...along with rest of team exception ..Parsons///Diggs got 11 INT's but got burned more than any other CB....our defense was not as good as advertised and offense needs better O line

and should have much less Zeke....the old Zeke even if caught in backfield would road grade defenders for 3-4 yards...lost power..speed..and wiggle....why not replace 65% Pollard and 35% Zeke?

dont lose Pollard...draft another good RB or elevate Rico Dowdle after recover from injury....lose Zeke...after next year because if we try next year we eat 30+ million...super bad contract

its Jerry why we always in this pickle

Our Defense was not good enough? They Kept San Francisco to 23 points? How is that not good enough? Dak and the Offense wasn't good enough; the defense did its job. See this Excuse just doesn't wash.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look

When defenses play off corners and move the safeties up he's done.
ROMO Pointed that out.
They are giving him the outside and crowding the middle.
That's the game plan for stopping Dak.
That's all he'll see until we either move him around or he tries to beat it (bad for us)

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Our Defense was not good enough? They Kept San Francisco to 23 points? How is that not good enough? Dak and the Offense wasn't good enough; the defense did its job. See this Excuse just doesn't wash.

defense could not stop Brady ( needed one stop we were leading )......defense could not stop Raiders ( needed one stop ).....green bay held them to 13 but yes lost game....defense could not stop Denver

they were up 30-0.....defense could not stop Arizona.....not saying we dont have much better defense than a year ago....yes much much better thanks to Quinn Parsons and Digg along with improved

Brown....and we had better safety play.....but a lot had to do with offense too....Dak would often get going too late in games...its a team game....yes defense much better but maybe not as good

as advertised....but i do understand...Bills best pass defense in league could not stop Ma-go-homes from own 25 yd line with 13 seconds left in game....Bills dont deserve to move on

dont get me wrong i am total Cowboy Homer who will defend any and all trolls....but just being realistic...but another draft with Quinn and maybe players wanting to stay cause Quinn staying

is huge......if we can adapt and use a running offense similar to 49ers which will make Dak almost unstoppable if he can get past his hesitation issues and see the field as he did ealier in season

we be totally scary....but if McCarthey feels Jerry waiting a year to get Payton which leaves McCarthey lame duck will have negative affect on whole team....dont like it....