Dallas 4th in sacks per game, Parsons 5th in sacks per game

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
nothing to add, subject line says it

the pure chart shows both slightly lower but some ahead have played their 11th game

This is as of now (KC Phil MNF game unplayed)

blueblood70

Reaction score
Micah Parsons is 7th in the league with 10 sacks with one game to go this week.

the leader is miles Garrett at 13

by the way Micah Parsons has three games with 0 sacks so far this year.... He doesn't get shut out in those three games he could be up there with the leaders so he also doesn't have really any force fumbles his tackles are low even though probably for a defensive end they're not bad but for a linebacker I would expect a lot more..like believe it or not Khalil mack's having a resurgence he's got a lot of tackles forced fumbles and more sacks and if I had to compare who I think Michael Parsons will become it is Khalil Mack.. Because you're talking about more of an outside linebacker than a pure defensive end i just wanted to be clear about that.. I'm not hating on the guy but he sure doesn't look like he wants to get involved too much in the run game.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
Micah Parsons is 7th in the league with 10 sacks with one game to go this week.

the leader is miles Garrett at 13
If MP can have a couple of multi sack games over the next couple of weeks he could move to top of the list for DPOY

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If MP can have a couple of multi sack games over the next couple of weeks he could move to top of the list for DPOY
Your CB is sewing that up.
MP is a blast to watch, but what are you will to pay to keep him.
Besides that, are we still number one in points allowed? That's the only stat I care about.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I disagree he will always be in the conversation as a top five pass rusher but when you look at overall with some of these other linebackers are actually doing both in sacks forced fumbles and tackles and whatnot in the run game he still has some work to do to be better than them Khalil Mack is having a better season than Micah Parsons I'm just saying can we stop making him the best player in the league on defense when there are other guys that are outperforming him and that also demand double teams and that also get a lot of pressures I'm just saying I like Micah Parsons but I want him to stick snows in there more in the run game get a little bit more physical... I just not wanna have games where he has zero sacks he's at three games with no sacks now... I know he makes up for it against the bad team but I wanna see him do it more in the bigger moments because even DeMarcus Ware I remember we had this conversation or at least I have on that other forum on dallascowboys.com that got you know taken down DeMarcus Ware many times did not show up in the biggest games like in the playoffs or the win in your end games and yeah he still had a great career he's still going to the Hall of Fame but people remember that he didn't always have his best games when we really needed him...

Now I'm more than realized that teams will double and triple team you know though use a double on him and then even try to chip him with a running back or the gut the motion guy coming across the formation I get it that they will try to take out your best player and he is definitely an impact player most games even if it's just pressures but if he wants to get that sack record he better step it up and at the same time those players that are getting 20 sacks a year are also forcing fumbles and they're working hard in the run game... Right now miles Garrett TJ Watt and now you have to add in Khalil Mack are playing better than Micah Parsons... So now you have to add in some of the cornerbacks or other defensive players having great years I mean him getting defensive player of the year is a long shot right now just because he's a favorite among our fan base and he's got a good reputation doesn't gonna give him defensive player of the year...

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Micah is a top 5 defensive player in the league. He’s an impactful player. And without question the most valuable guy on this defense. Too many folks get caught up in the hype about being DPOY. A nice achievement. It’s ok if he’s is not having a better year than a few guys. How good and valuable he is to this team is unquestionable.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Micah is a top 5 defensive player in the league. He’s an impactful player. And without question the most valuable guy on this defense. Too many folks get caught up in the hype about being DPOY. A nice achievement. It’s ok if he’s is not having a better year than a few guys. How good and valuable he is to this team is unquestionable.
They have been moving him around since the SF game and its working better for sure, it helps DLaw is having an all-pro year also.