Dallas beats Steelers... (In Madden Sim)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
there is also this I saw on the ranch.

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp

Game of the Week: #5 Cowboys 21 @ #3 Steelers 17
Statement game. This is the perfect time, the perfect place and the perfect matchup for the Cowboys. Dallas, our fifth-ranked team in the league, goes on the road to face our third-ranked team in Pittsburgh on Sunday afternoon - and (67% of the time) wins. How? The pass rush. Pittsburgh is fifth worst in the NFL allowing 9.8 sacks per 100 pass attempts. In the Steelers three losses, against great defensive ends like Justin Tuck, Dwight Freeney and Trent Cole, Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked 16 times. In its nine wins Pittsburgh has allowed just 20 sacks. Keeping the quarterback upright means success for the Steelers. Dallas ranks first in the league with 10.2 sacks per 100 pass attempts. Assuming our Pre-Season Defensive Player of the Year DeMarcus Ware is as healthy as he says he is, it could be a very long day for Big Ben and Pittsburgh. Otherwise, these teams are very even in the simulations, averaging within nine rushing yards, six passing yards and 27 seconds of time of possession of each other. Two out of three times (by an average score of 21-17), Dallas emerges from Heinz Field as a victorious and very confident team. As of right now, we like the Giants to play Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl, but we'll keep you posted as the final quarter of the season progresses. New York should be a little worried about things clicking for the Cowboys over the final four weeks (you know - kind of like what happened to the Giants last season). Super Bowl XLIII could very well be a rematch of this game (and Super Bowls X, XIII and XXX).

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
if romo had that day o man that would be awesome

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
If Romo had that kind of day....

A monument should be erected in his honor outside of Texas Stadium. Then, a Texas law needs to be passed saying it is now a law that every person who sees the monument must drop to their knees, and pray, for the almighty Romo.

djmajestik

Reaction score
casmith07;2461663 said:
Simulations are simulations. It all goes out the window when the first kickoff is caught and run back.

Understood, but I cannot believe the Madden sim is THAT far off, with all the programming, etc. that went into it.

I have always wanted to run simulations on Madden (comp vs. comp) and thought it would be neat, but now I am thinking you might have to run say 10 or 15 and average them to get a better "simulation". Understood no simulation is perfect, but I would imagine the second site posted is probably closer to accurate than the madden sim.

Anyway, I am a computer programmer so I think simulations are interesting, if nothing else than to just discuss. I have always wanted to program something like that, but I am thinking of just letting Madden run for now :D

LearningToFly

Reaction score
jord1242;2462000 said:
Understood, but I cannot believe the Madden sim is THAT far off, with all the programming, etc. that went into it.

I have always wanted to run simulations on Madden (comp vs. comp) and thought it would be neat, but now I am thinking you might have to run say 10 or 15 and average them to get a better "simulation". Understood no simulation is perfect, but I would imagine the second site posted is probably closer to accurate than the madden sim.

Anyway, I am a computer programmer so I think simulations are interesting, if nothing else than to just discuss. I have always wanted to program something like that, but I am thinking of just letting Madden run for now :D

I haven't followed the Madden sims that much, but I do know that the same Madden sim had the Patriots blowing out the Steelers last week and Cassell going off. So I don't think it's really worth that much..