***Dallas Cowboys 2013 Nfl Draft Picks and Undrafted Free Agents***

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Note, this is off one of draft guides I have so thought I would share with you all, some you may already know some of stats info etc...
3. CB B.W. Webb, William & Mary
HT: 5105
WT: 183
Hand: 9 ½
Arm: 30 1/8
Wingspan: 71 ¾
40 range: 4.46-4.53
VJ: 40.5
BJ: 11’0
Short Shuttle: 3.84
3-Cone: 6.82
Bench: 14
Career Snapshot: 2nd team All-American, 1st team All-CAA CB, 2nd team All-CAA PR, Co-SPEC TMS POY w/46 TT, TFL, 8 PBU, 2 FR, FF, 11-123-11.2-1 PR, 11-181-16.5-0 KR in '12. 1st team All-CAA w/40 TT, 3 TFL, 2 INT, 3 PBU, 10-49-4.9-0 PR in '11. 1st team All-CAA CB, 2nd team PR w/42 TT, 0.5 TFL, INT, 5 PBU, 19-187-9.8-1 PR in 12 gms in '10. 2nd team All-CAA CB, 3rd team PR, DEF ROY w/23 TT, 3 TFL, 8 INT/returned for 2 TDs, 3 PBU, 30-245-8.2-0 PR, 2-26-13.0-0 KR in 14 gms in '09. Redshirted in '08.
Analysis: Webb may be the safest pick of anyone with no major flags and the production you look for in an elite small school player. He’s got adequate size and is very quick, fast, has great ball skills, great hips, and extremely explosive. He can play man to man or cover two and has good change of direction skills and hip flexion. Teams did not test him much as a senior but that’s because the four-time All-CAA selection began his career scaring quarterbacks with eight interceptions as a freshman taking two back for touchdowns. Ever since his freshman year he has shown to be one of the best in the nation. An impact on special teams can be expected and he showed at the combine and Senior Bowl he can compete with the best and stand out. If I were drafting small school players only he would be my number one overall pick.
Grade: 3rd
Projection: 3rd

5. SS J.J. Wilcox, Georgia Southern
HT: 6005
WT: 216
Hand: 9
Arm: 31 3/8
Wingspan: 74 ¼
40 range: 4.51-4.56
VJ: 35.0
BJ: 10’4
Short Shuttle: 4.09
3-Cone: 7.02
Bench: 17
Career Snapshot: 1st team All-SoCon S w/88 TT, 2 INT, 3 PBU, 1-4-4.0-1 rush, 1-0-0.0-0 PR, 31-780-25.2-0 KR in 14 gms in '12. Moved from WR to SS for '12. 52-480-9.2-7 rush, 7-168-24.0-1 rec in 13 gms in '11. 85-484-5.7-6 rush, 22-551-25.0-3 rec in 15 gms in '10. 16-179-11.2-0 rec in 8 gms in '09.
Analysis: This is one of the most interesting players in the draft because he played offense until his senior year. He went from a good role player on offense who really blew it up when people came in to see defensive tackle Brent Russell and noticed Wilcox was their best player. He’s athletic, big, and runs well but is a project due to lack of experience in the secondary, tight hips, and needs coaching. In my fall notes I wrote he was a 5th-6th round option but as you can see his workouts and upside have me projecting a 3rd or 4th round pick with buzz that a few teams see him as a top 50-75 choice.
Grade: 5th-6th
Projection: 3rd

73. FS Jeff Heath, Saginaw Valley State
He improved a good bit as a senior putting up good numbers (5 INTs, 7 PBUs) and has a good size/speed combo (6’1, 209, 4.48 40).

51. WR Eric Rogers, Cal Lutheran
Rogers is a track standout for Cal Lutheran with good size, speed, hands, and a fluid route runner who just needs some polish and is coming from a lower level of competition.
73. FS Jeff Heath, Saginaw Valley State
He improved a good bit as a senior putting up good numbers (5 INTs, 7 PBUs) and has a good size/speed combo (6’1, 209, 4.48 40).

S J.J. Wilcox, Georgia Southern
This is the ideal example of a player that could not possibly be projected to go as high as he will end up projecting, like Tretter, because he was not even a safety last year. After a season in 2011 where he had 480 yards rushing and seven touchdowns while catching seven passes for 168 yards he showed athletic upside as a slot back in the triple option offense. The coaches moved him to safety in the spring before his senior season and he had a first-team All-Southern Conference campaign with 88 tackles, two interceptions, and three pass breakups while playing a little offense and returning kickoffs. While he is not an elite player at any position he is an elite athlete who can play all three phases of the game and do well. I had him as a priority free agent projection entering the season but he vaulted into the mid rounds on my board by the end of the fall.

INTERVIEW- WR Eric Rogers, Cal Lutheran
Rogers is highly unknown but he’s a developmental prospect worth watching. The 2012 SCIAC Offensive Player of the Year finished his senior year with 1,298 yards and 18 touchdowns. This is not your normal Division III prospect due to his size (6’3, 206) and athletic ability. He is an All-American in the triple jump and All-SCIAC in the long jump and triple jump. The four-time All-SCIAC selection likely won’t be drafted but he has plenty of upside that could allow him to surprise and make a roster.

Why did you choose Cal Lutheran?
Eric: Hour away from home is perfect distance to be away but close enough to see my mom whenever I wanted to.

Where did you go to high school and did you play any other sports besides football?
Eric: Charter Oak High School. I played basketball and ran track.

How would describe your style of play?
Eric: No particular style I just like to win so whatever it takes.

What has been the highlight of your college career?
Eric: First game in Rolland stadium against Redlands. Come back from 24 down at half.

Who is the best player you have faced in your career?
Eric: Justin Haulcey-Bateman but he was on my team for 2 years.

Who was the best player on your team in 2012 besides yourself?
Eric: Another play maker we had on offense was Romello Goodman. He was only a freshmen but he could turn nothing into something real quick.

Did you feel snubbed by not getting a combine and all-star game invite and how important was the pro day for your stock?
Eric: Nope not snubbed at all could have played in NFLPA All-Star Game but didn’t work out. Obviously pro day gets you recognized to a certain degree so it helped enough.

Which teams have you had private workouts with?
Eric: None. I visited Green Bay it was more of an extensive health inspection and meetings.

Which teams have you had visits with?
Eric: Packers.

Which teams have shown the most interest in you throughout the whole process?
Eric: Agents have that info I’m just focusing on getting myself ready to make a team.

What rounds do you expect to be taken in?
Eric: Your guess is as good as mine ill probably go undrafted.

What are your goals while in the NFL?
Eric: To make a 53-man roster.

What do you want to do when your playing career is over?
Eric: Go into law enforcement.

SIX-PACK OF OFF-FIELD QUESTIONS

What is your favorite movie?
Eric: The Blind Side.

What is your favorite sport besides football?
Eric: Basketball.

What is your favorite color?
Eric: Any type of blue.

What is your favorite food?
Eric: Soul food.

What is playing in your IPod or CD player right now?
Eric: J Cole. He has lyrics.

What is something that most people don’t know about you?
Eric: I enjoy my alone time.

CB B.W. WEBB, WILLIAM & MARY
Height: 5102
Weight: 184
Hand: 9 3/8
Arm: 30 ¼
Wingspan: 73
10-yard: 1.59-1.60
20-yard: 2.63-2.64
40-yard: 4.51-4.53
Vertical Jump: 40.5
Broad Jump: 11’0-11’0
Bench: 14
20-yard shuttle: 3.84-3.88
60-yard shuttle: 11.06-11.09
3-cone: 6.82-6.82
S JJ WILCOX, GEORGIA SOUTHERN
Height: 6000
Weight: 213
Hand: 9
Arm: 31
Wingspan: 74 5/8
10-yard: 1.57-1.58
20-yard: 2.65-2.66
40-yard: 4.57-4.57
Vertical Jump: 35.0
Broad Jump: 9’11-10’4
Bench: 17
20-yard shuttle: 4.09-4.10
3-cone: 7.02-7.03
No 60 shuttle- choice

CB BW WEBB, WILLIAM & MARY
Webb ran in the 4.4s on hand held clocks in the 40-yard dash and showed the explosiveness and athleticism of an elite corner with a 40 ½ inch vertical, 11’0 broad jump, 3.84 short shuttle, and 6.82 3-cone. He appeared to mostly be a 4th round grade but likely firmed up a top 100 selection with this workout.

Eskimo

Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;5071959 said:
Eric Rogers is built like Moss

He has a really impressive video.

I realize that he is playing at a low level of competition but you can see his size and his speed. The thing that impressed me a bit is all the tough catches he made from all the bad balls his QB threw that he would just go up and get or dive for. He also made some decent catches in traffic and showed a very good ability to go up high and come down with the ball even when contested tightly.

His athleticism is legit, too. He apparently was an All-American in the triple jump in track and all-conference in the long jump. He apparently ran a 4.48 40 which is not bad for a guy who is 6-4 and 210 pounds.

The other thing you can see from the video is he is a long strider with good top end speed. When you combine that with his height and what looks like some decent ball skills we could have found ourselves a legitimate deep threat.

I've got to say I'm pretty intrigued by this guy and will try to follow him in camp. I hope he can spend a year on the PS while he tries to pick up the game at this level.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Kendial Lawrence doesn't look bad either.

He has that Ray Rice / Jones Drew build and style.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I'm late to the party but this is a great thread. Good job to BP and Jobberone.

kirkjrk

Reaction score
Watched UDFA TE Paul Freedman and he might be the blocking TE they are looking for. Real strong at the point of attack and on the second level, plus he can catch the ball.