Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
my0lwnm31Sv_EJexhNs_bLA.jpg
Draft-2014-e1389404247238.jpg
my0lwnm31Sv_EJexhNs_bLA.jpg

Round One

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Dallas-Cowboys-Twitter_zpsb74bd296.jpg#16 - Zack Martin OT/OG Notre Dame

Round Two

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Dallas-Cowboys-Twitter_zpsb74bd296.jpg#47 - Demarcus Lawrence DE Boise State

Round Three

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Dallas-Cowboys-Twitter_zpsb74bd296.jpg#78 - Traded to Commanders

Round Four

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Dallas-Cowboys-Twitter_zpsb74bd296.jpg#119 - Anthony Hitchens OLB Iowa

Round Five

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Dallas-Cowboys-Twitter_zpsb74bd296.jpg#146 - Devin Street WR Pittsburgh

Round Six

No Pick

Round Seven

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Dallas-Cowboys-Twitter_zpsb74bd296.jpg#231- Ben Gardner DE Stanford

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Dallas-Cowboys-Twitter_zpsb74bd296.jpg#238 (from Chiefs) - Will Smith LB Texas Tech

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Dallas-Cowboys-Twitter_zpsb74bd296.jpg#248 (Comp) - Ahmad Dixon S Baylor

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Dallas-Cowboys-Twitter_zpsb74bd296.jpg#251 (Comp) - Ken Bishop DT NIU

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Dallas-Cowboys-Twitter_zpsb74bd296.jpg#254 (Comp)- Terrance Mitchell DB Oregon

UDFAs​

L’Damian Washington, WR, Missouri
Ben Malena, RB, Texas A&M
Kolton Browning, QB, Louisiana-Monroe
Dustin Vaughan, QB, West Texas A&M
Jordan Najver, TE, Baylor
J.C. Copeland, FB, LSU
Dontavis Sapp, OLB Tennessee
Glasco Martin, RB, Baylor
Davon Coleman, DE, Arizona State
Chris Whaley, DT, Texas
Evan Wilson, TE, Illinois
Ronald Patrick, OL, South Carolina
Joe Windsor, LB, Northern Illinois
Brian Clarke, G, Bloomsburg
Josh Alandenoye, OT, Illinois State
Andre Cureton DL Cincinnati
Casey Kreiter LS Iowa
Jarrod Pughsley OT Akron
Jocquel Skinner CB Bethel
Caleb Lavey LB Oklahoma State (Tryout)
Dashaun Phillips CB Tarleton State​

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OVERVIEW
Won a pair of state championships at Indianapolis Bishop Chatard. Redshirted in 2009. Started all 13 games in '10, including 11 at left tackle and two at right tackle. Started all 39 games at LT 2011-13. Two-time captain's 52 career games are the most in school history. Did not run the 40 at the NFL Scouting Combine (tight hamstring).

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Engages quickly. Flexible and light on his feet. Can work his hips and maneuver. Good blocking posture -- bends his knees, sits in his stance and can shuffle, slide and mirror. Good hand placement (can pop and recoil). Seals running lanes. Can combo block and fit on linebackers. Athletic to pull and trap. Passes off stunts and is alert to blitzers. Started every game of his career. Played well against Alabama in the BCS Championship and was MVP of the Pinstripe Bowl. Sparkling intangibles. Highly respected, hardworking leader who does all the right things.

WEAKNESSES Lacks ideal length to stay outside in the pros -- relatively small wingspan. Not a pure road grader who rolls off flat-backed and buries defenders. Could be stressed by bigger, more powerful defensive tackles. Can improve balance and sustain on the second level. Does not have experience at guard. Could stand to bulk up in preparation for a move inside.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1

BOTTOM LINE
Athletic, smart, competitive, dependable college left tackle whose length dictates a move inside, where he has plug-and-play ability in a zone-blocking scheme. One of the cleanest prospects in this year's draft.

Videos (thanks CowboyJoe)

LINK to pick on NFLN video

LINK NFLN scouting report video

LINK to Broaddus scouting video for Martin

LINK to Zack Martin talking with the Fan radio program

LINK to Zack Martin in another interview

LINK to the Jerry, Jason, Scott Linehan and Stephen Jones calling Zack Martin

LINK to Zacks Introduction PC at Valley Ranch

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Demarcus Lawrence DE Boise State

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Possesses broad shoulders, long arms and a lanky frame, overall, which appears capable of adding another 10 pounds of muscle. Highly versatile defender asked to play a variety of roles with the Broncos.
Shows good (not great) initial quickness off the snap to penetrate off the edge or between gaps. Quick, active hands. Varied pass rush technique, including an over-arm swim, rip, club and even an occasional spin move.

Surprisingly strong at the point of attack. Plays with good leverage and anchors well, slipping off blocks effectively to make tackles near the line of scrimmage. Good effort laterally and downfield in pursuit.

Rarely asked to drop into coverage but appears to possess the quickness, fluidity and awareness to potentially convert to outside linebacker.

WEAKNESSES: While quick, does not appear to have the preferred straight-line speed for linebacker and does not possess the bulk normally associated with defensive linemen, making him a potential 'tweener in the eyes of some teams. Struggles to break free once blockers grab hold of his chest plate.

Only average balance. Too often gets tripped up and knocked to the ground. Moved around a lot in Boise's scheme, presenting him with advantageous matchups.

COMPARES TO: Jason Babin, Jacksonville Jaguars - Like Babin, Lawrence projects nicely as a LEO defensive end due to his burst, length, tenacity and surprising strength. Impressive collegiate production is mitigated by the level of competition faced, as well as size limitations.

--Rob Rang

PLAYER OVERVIEW

Lawrence, who appears bigger on tape than his listed 6-foot-3, 245 pounds, signed with the Broncos two years ago after a tour with Butler Community College.
The native of Aiken, S.C. possesses good speed off the edge and was used in a variety of roles with the Broncos, lining up at virtually every position along the defensive line during his stay in Boise.

He started all 11 games he appeared in during the 2011 season, earning first-team All-Mountain West honors after racking up a team-high 13 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks.

After leading the Mountain West with 10.5 sacks and 20.5 tackles for loss in 2013, Lawrence declared he would enter the 2014 NFL Draft following Boise State's victory over Oregon State in the Hawaii Bowl.

"I am releasing this statement to inform everyone at Boise State University and all of the fans of Bronco Nation of my decision to forgo my final year of eligibility and enter the 2014 NFL Draft.

"For these last two years I have had the honor of being part of the Boise State family and have had an incredibly special group of teammates, coaches, trainers, and staff around me. While Coach Peterson's decision to take the Washington job had some influence on my decision I felt it was in the best interests of my family and myself to pursue my lifelong dream to become an NFL player.

"It is my hope in making this decision that my coaches, administration, teammates and the Broncos fans continue to support me both through prayer and encouragement in the pursuit of my dreams.

"Thank you all for your time and understanding in this matter and I wish everyone at Boise State University much success."

Lawrence is an interesting package of goods. College scheme found ways to create mismatches with him, which showed is versatility, but revealed no single trait that would be transcendent in the NFL. He will need to show that the sum of his parts can consistently add up to more than face value.

LINK to Demarcus Lawrence's First Interview As A Cowboy

LINK to Demarcus Lawrence: I'm Going To Put On A Show

LINK to Demarcus Lawrence Combine Workout

LINK to Round 2 Post-Draft Press Conference

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anthony Hitchens LB Iowa

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES
STRENGTHS:
Possessing a compact, athletic frame, Hitchens displays an explosive first step, good balance through contact and agility to redirect quickly in space. Highly physical defender who delivers a pop on contact to fight off blockers, as well as good lateral agility to avoid them.

He's also a good fundamental tackler and an effective blitzer who exploits creases in the line and closes quickly in space. Showed significant improvement in route-recognition and spatial awareness in his coverage duties in 2013. Experienced special teams performer. Saw action on kickoff and punt return formations. Made strides in his second full season, providing some hope that the light is coming on.

WEAKNESSES: Comes with size limitations. Possesses a boxy frame that some will see as better suited to fullback and does not possess ideal arm length. Doesn't protect his knees well enough to the cut-block, showing only average flexibility and awareness in this regard.

Relies on his closing speed to hit ballcarriers and knock them to the ground, rather than wrapping securely. While he does get his hips around quickly and maintains burst in transition, he's inconsistent with his awareness of what's going on around or behind him when asked to drop into coverage and stay pointed at the line of scrimmage. When his back is to the quarterback, he'll struggle to get his head back around and track the ball in one-on-one coverage situations downfield, and will occasionally over-run his gap in pursuit up near the line.

COMPARES TO: Jamar Chaney, Atlanta Falcons - Like Chaney, Hitchens possesses a boxy frame that doesn't look the part of an NFL linebacker. Quickness and closing speed, however, give him a shot at surprising, especially if the timely big plays that characterized Hitchens' senior campaign continue.

--Rob Rang

PLAYER OVERVIEW
Hitchens may not have received the same fanfare throughout his career as teammates James Morris and Christian Kirksey enjoyed, but in leading the Big Ten in tackles in his first starting season and delivering several big plays in 2013 as an encore, he has firmly established himself as an NFL prospect.

Hitchens signed with Iowa as a running back and was immediately asked to convert to safety. Injuries at running back forced him back to his old role for a bit as a true freshman before he ultimately settled back on the defensive side of the ball as an outside linebacker, logging a few snaps in a 27-24 Insight.com Bowl win over Missouri to end the 2010 season.

A knee sprain robbed Hitchens of much of his 2011 campaign, giving him just 34 tackles over his first two seasons at Iowa, but he exploded at weak-side linebacker in 2012, recording a conference-leading 124 tackles (including 5.5 for loss) in a breakout performance. Though his numbers dropped in 2013, Hitchens was characterized as the team's most improved linebacker by head coach Kirk Ferentz, who cited his greater number of big plays (13 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles).

Big plays against Michigan (three tackles for loss, forced fumble) and Nebraska (interception) were particularly bright spots, leading to plenty of hope that Hitchens' star might be on the rise as he's heading into the NFL.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Anthony_Hitchens_Conference_Call/701fb7f2-bd4b-475c-91bd-75ea75d33d56]LINK to Anthony Hitchens Conference Call[/url]

Link To Anthony Hitchens Combine Workout

LINK to Anthony Hitchens: Fortunate For This Opportunity

LINK TO Secret Audio: Anthony Hitchens Selection Call

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Devin Street WR Pittsburgh
OVERVIEW
Prepped at Bethlehem (Pa.) Liberty, where he went to three state title games (one win) and excelled in track and field. Redshirted in 2009. Played all 13 games in 2010, starting four, and caught 25 balls for 318 yards (12.7-yard average) and two touchdowns. Suffered a concussion during 2011 fall camp. In the fall, started all 13 games and had 53 catches for 754 yards (14.2) and two touchdowns. Was charged (via mailed summons) with simple assault and conspiracy in November 2011 after a student told police he was hit in the head during a confrontation with Street and two other players. The charge was later reduced to disorderly conduct, and Street was given community service. Was the Panthers' leading receiver for the second straight season in 2013, when he started all 13 games and totaled 73 catches for 975 yards (13.4) and five touchdowns. In 2013, managed 51 catches for 854 yards (16.7) and seven touchdowns in 10 starts. Hurt his right shoulder against Virginia Tech and sat out against Old Dominion, then injured his elbow against Syracuse and missed the final two games against Miami and Bowling Green. Also rushed 11 times in his career for 77 yards (7.5) and zero touchdowns. Owns the school's career receptions record (202). Team captain.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Has excellent length and room for added bulk. Chews up ground with long strides. Is a big target underneath with a sizable catch radius. Shows natural receiving skills to track, concentrate and adjust. Soft, dependable hands to extend and pull in a throw off his body. Uses his big frame to post up defensive backs. Nice field awareness. Lined up outside and inside. Solid personal and football character. Productive, 40-game starter. Team captain.
WEAKNESSES
Has a thin build and could stand to pack on body armor -- durability could be an issue. Needs to get stronger, particularly to improve his release vs. the jam. Builds to speed and is not a threat to take the top off. Leggy and fairly straight-linish -- does not pop out of breaks or separate with quickness. Inconsistent route runner. Not aggressive or physical as a blocker. Can be more cognizant of ball security -- carries loosely and swings the ball away from his body. Limited special-teams utility.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Rounds 4-5
BOTTOM LINE
Pitt's all-time leading pass catcher, Street is a narrowly built, long-levered, smooth-muscled receiver whose best assets are his length and hands. Needs to incorporate more physicality into his overall game, but has the ability to be an effective zone beater and red-zone target.
-Nolan Nawrocki

LINK TO Devin Street WR, Pittsburgh Combine Workout

LINK TO Devin Street: This Is The Team I Wanted To Go To

LINK TO Secret Audio: Devin Street Selection Call

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ben Gardner DE Stanford
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Good size and leaping ability. Plays hard, runs to the ball and competes. Tough and durable. Recorded a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump and excellent shuttle times, posting a 6.98-second 3-cone drill time (that does not show up on tape). Strong tackler. Respected team leader and tempo-setter.
WEAKNESSES
Has very short arms and gets turned and rooted out of the hole by double teams. Inconsistent pad level. Limited hand use -- struggles to disengage from blockers. Limited take-off speed and closing burst. Marginal quickness and body control.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 7-Priority free agent
BOTTOM LINE
A try-hard, overachieving, base end with desirable toughness, work habits and effort to earn a backup job. Served as an undersized five-technique in college and has the lumbering, heavy movement skill of an interior player. Has a frame that looks nearly maxed and would be most ideally suited as a run-stuffing, left defensive end in a "40" front.

LINK TO Ben Gardner: I'll Be A Physical Presence

LINK TO Secret Audio: Ben Gardner Selection Call

=======================

Will Smith LB Texas Tech

Bio
Originally from Riverside, CA – Will Smith attended Notre Dame High School as a multi-sport athlete. While there he earned All-County Honorable Mention and was named MVP for track, football, and basketball. After high school, Will played football at Riverside Community College where he helped his team to a perfect 11-0 record and a No. 5 national ranking by JC Gridwire in 2011. He finished that season with 36 solo tackles, 13 tackles for a loss, 3 interceptions and returned a 75-yard pick-six. Following a remarkable sophomore season, Will fielded recruiters from Nevada, New Mexico State and San Jose State but ultimately chose Texas Tech.

During the 2012 season, Will proved the Texas Tech scouts right by putting together an award filled season. He earned the Dallas Morning News All-Big 12 Honorable Mention, Preseason Phil Steele All-Big 12 (4th Team), Preseason College Sports Madness All-Big 12, Mid-Season Phil Steele All-Big 12 (3rd Team), and Phil Steele All-Big 12 (3rd-Team). That season, Will played in all 13 games with 11 starts and led all Red Raider newcomers with 55 total tackles and 34 solo tackles. In 2013, Will had 86 solo tackles, which ranked him fourth in the NCAA and first in the Big 12. He put up 120 total tackles, the most by a Red Raider since 2002. His season accolades included the 2013 Holiday Bowl Defensive Most Valuable Player, ESPN Big 12 All-Bowl Team, All-Big 12 (Honorable Mention), Big 12 Broadcasters All-Conference (1st Team), AP All-Big 12 (1st Team), and the Preseason Phil Steele All-Big 12 (4th Team). Heading into the 2014 NFL Draft, NFLDraftBlitz.com ranks Will in the Top 25 for all Inside Linebackers.

LINK TO Secret Audio: Will Smith Selection Call

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahmad Dixon SS Baylor

OVERVIEW
Highly recruited Texas prep who also lettered in track, advancing to the state meet as part of the 4x400-meter relay team as a sophomore. Appeared in 11 games as a true freshman in 2010, seeing action as a backup safety and on special teams. Recorded 16 tackles and one forced fumble. Missed two games with an undisclosed injury. Moved into a starting role in 2011, starting 13 times at the hybrid nickelback position and registering 89 tackles, three pass breakups and one interception with 5.5 tackles for loss. Made the switch from safety to nickelback during spring drills. Returned his first career interception 55 yards for a touchdown against Rice. In 2012, he started all 13 games at the nickel position and had 102 tackles, three pass breakups and two interceptions with 5.5 tackles for loss and one sack. In 2013, tallied 81 tackles, six pass breakups and one interception with two tackles for loss in 13 games (12 starts). Had 11 starts at safety and one at nickelback. His one missed start was a result of a targeting penalty against TCU, forcing him to the sideline for the first half of the ensuing game vs. Texas. Was arrested on misdemeanor assault charges in September, but was subsequently cleared by a grand jury.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS

Very good size and straight-line speed. Is aggressive stepping downhill and supporting the run. Closes fast to the ball. Secure, wrap tackler. Takes efficient angles and is a reliable last line of defense. Good backside chase pursuit. Solid special-teams potential.
WEAKNESSES

Very tight in the hips. Straight-linish. Pedals tall and is late transitioning. Average recovery speed. Limited cover skills and awareness. Marginal ball skills and small, shaky hands (four career INTs in three seasons as a starter). Very average football IQ; takes an extra tick to sort out routes and digest what he sees. Narrow vision. Limited agility and change of direction in man coverage. See-and-go reactor -- not instant or anticipatory diagnosing. Not a forceful tackler or explosive hitter. Posted worst vertical jump (32 inches), broad jump (9 feet, 2 inches) and three-cone drill (7.55 seconds) among defensive backs at the combine. Cleared of charges, but September assault incident requires closer look.
DRAFT PROJECTION

Rounds 6-7
BOTTOM LINE

Box safety possessing the physical talent to compete in the NFL and even earn a starting job eventually if he can stay focused, commit to a playbook and hone his eyes. Should be able to factor readily on special teams. Coverage limitations will leave him vulnerable and would be best in a very simple scheme.
-Nolan Nawrocki

Ahmad Dixon is very emotional during the calls. Really means a great deal to him.

LINK TO Secret Audio: Ahmad Dixon Selection Call

LINK TO Ahmad Dixon: I've Always Been Counted Out

LINK TO Ahmad Dixon Combine Workout

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ken Bishop DT Northern Illinois

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS

Powerfully built with a good base. Good playing strength to dig cleats in the dirt and anchor vs. the run. Stout enough to handle the double team. Proven two-gap ability. Flashes shock in his hands and sheds quickly. Plays with urgency and is very active in pursuit. Has been very durable and adjusted well to expectations upon his arrival from community college.
WEAKNESSES

Lacks ideal height and length. Is not an explosive pass rusher. Unrefined pass-rush arsenal. Only produced 3.5 sacks the last two years as a starter. Average closing speed and short-area burst. Has stiffness in his body. Could become more consistent feeling blocking pressure.
DRAFT PROJECTION

Priority free agent
BOTTOM LINE

Possesses the point-of-attack strength and football temperament to be a factor defending the run in a rotational role.
-Nolan Nawrocki

:LINK TO Secret Audio: Ken Bishop Selection Call

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrance Mitchell DB Oregon

OVERVIEW
Cornerback-running back who also lettered in basketball as a California prep. Redshirted in 2010. Won the starting left cornerback job in 2011 and had 45 tackles, 10 pass breakups and two interceptions with three tackles for loss and three forced fumbles in 14 games (12 starts). Started all 13 games at LCB in 2012 and recorded 40 tackles, eight pass breakups and no INTs. Made 13 starts at LCB in 2013 and tallied 59 tackles, seven pass breakups and five INTs (one TD) with one forced fumble. Was ejected in the first quarter of the season opener against Nicholls for a targeting infraction. Did not bench press at the combine (pectoral).

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS

Good size and length with a well-proportioned body. Quick-footed pedal. Shows read-and-react skills and nice anticipation to break on throws. Good hand-eye coordination. Gambler's mentality that enables him to make plays. High school skill-position traits show after he intercepts. Aggressive and competitive. Three-year starter. Recorded the best three-cone drill (6.57 seconds) and 20-yard shuttle (tie, 4.00) among cornerbacks at the combine.
WEAKNESSES

Has short arms and small hands. Is lean and functionally weak -- lacks press strength to impede receivers off the line. Tight-hipped. Gets wired on blocks outside. Needs to clean up his pedal. Inefficient plant-and-drive -- average balance and body control through transition. Falls out of the hip pocket and loses phase downfield. Lacks elite top-end speed and recovery burst -- needs help on explosive receivers. Average physicality and tackling ability. Tends to clutch and grab and draw flags.
DRAFT PROJECTION

Rounds 3-4
BOTTOM LINE

Wiry, smoother-than-sudden, off-man/cover-3 corner who upped his visibility as a junior by showing improved playmaking ability, which prompted a premature leap to the NFL. Could compete for a job as a No. 4, but lack of ideal explosiveness, top-end speed and bump-and-run ability limits his ceiling.
-Nolan Nawrocki

LINK TO Secret Audio: Terrance Mitchell Selection Call

Last edited:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score

89682.jpg

Name: Zack Martin
College: Notre Dame Number: 70
Height: 6-4 Weight: 308
Position: OG Pos2: OT
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2014
40 Low: 5.08 40 Time: 5.22 40 High: 5.43
Projected Round: 1 Stock:
up.gif
High: Early 1st Low: Late 1st Rated number 1 out of 165 OG's 12 / 2254 TOTAL
43.jpg

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite:
Yes
Height: 6041
Weight: 308
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash: 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 29
Vertical Jump: 28
Broad Jump: 08'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.59
3-Cone Drill: 7.65
Dates: 03/20/14
Weight: 308
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash: 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:
Pos drills only, Hamstring
Data Scout Notes: 2013: 1stM...PLombardi/POutland/TSX-PTW...2012: 1stM/WCamp2nd...PLombardi/POutland...2011: Poutland
Zack Martin/Notre Dame football Videos
@import url("http://www.google.com/uds/css/gsearch.css"); @import url("http://www.google.com/uds/solutions/videobar/gsvideobar.css"); .playerInnerBox_gsvb .player_gsvb { width : 445px; height : 364px; }
*Automated search based on player first/last name, college team name, football, 3 loading panels, click video to view in full size on this page, watch or fast forward one full video, or open player with red arrow to choose more cuts at the bottom of the big video screen. Click "I'm done watching this" blue link at the top of video to close screen. If available/HQ changes video quality.
--> [Zack Martin TSX Player News Log]...

A four-year starter at left tackle for the Irish, Martin possesses the aggression, agility and versatility to start immediately in the NFL. Whether pushing Cody Glenn to the right side or switching positions, himself, his addition would provide an upgrade over current Bills' right tackle Eric Pears, providing young quarterback E.J. Manuel the bookend blockers to aid in his development.
  • New York Giants | #12
    The Giants drafted a versatile tackle/guard last year in the first round (Justin Pugh), could they do it again this season? If that player is Martin, then yes, the top offensive lineman on the board here.
  • New York Giants | #12
    Line versatility is key for Martin and his stock is rising.
  • New York Giants | #12
    Mr. Utility is just what the Giants need to start protecting Eli Manning better. Every lineman on the Giants better worry about keeping their job.

Strengths Weaknesses
STRENGTHS: Very good at keeping his feet underneath him while keeping his butt low to handle both speed and power. He does play with good quickness (but not explosiveness) off the snap, showing knee bend and core strength to anchor, as well as the lateral agility to mirror more athletic defenders.
He also shows better athleticism than you might think when blocking on the move, demonstrating above average straight-line speed to get to the second level, as well as the nastiness to bury his target into the ground.
WEAKNESSES: With less than ideal length and lateral range, Martin's NFL future may lie inside at guard, where he never played in college. The move to guard is necessary because Martin does not possess great height, arm length or foot speed. He chucks his way back (rather than sliding) for an effective if not aesthetically-pleasing form of pass protection.
COMPARIES TO: Logan Mankins, OG, New England Patriots - Mankins has been one of the NFL's most valuable offensive linemen since being selected by New England in the first round of the 2005 draft, and has anchored the Patriots' front line with top-notch instincts, toughness and versatility despite lacking elite athleticism. Martin exhibits many of the same traits, and should draw first-round consideration.
--Rob Rang and Derek Stephens

Player Overview
Martin lined up at both guard and tackle at the Senior Bowl and routinely stymied the competition with quickness, power and overall technique.
Though Martin lacks the prototypical size of a modern NFL tackle, he has exhibited impressive technique and better-than-average strength, and after a strong Senior Bowl showing, many scouts believe he could not only play on the outside at the next level, but could do so very well.
Although all 39 of his college starts were at tackle, teams are looking at Martin mostly as a guard. He is short for a left tackle and perhaps not powerful enough for a right tackle. Regardless, he is a team leader who made a case for himself at tackle with a good showing in the Senior Bowl workouts. Frankly: Picking a position for him to play is the only issue. This smart, aware, two-time team captain with the most career games in Notre Dame history (52) can certainly play somewhere

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Anthony Hitchens, DS #31 OLB, Iowa
Selected: Round 4, Pick 19, Overall Pick 119 by Cowboys
108547.jpg

Name: Anthony Hitchens
College: Iowa Number: 31
Height: 6-0 Weight: 240
Position: OLB Pos2: ILB
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2014
40 Low: 4.63 40 Time: 4.71 40 High: 4.83
Projected Round: Stock:
same.gif
High: 6-7th Low: PFA Rated number 31 out of 182 OLB's 355 / 2254 TOTAL
32.jpg

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite:
Yes
Height: 6003
Weight: 240
40 Yrd Dash: 4.71
20 Yrd Dash: 2.69
10 Yrd Dash: 1.61 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 23
Vertical Jump: 31 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.45
3-Cone Drill: 7.15
Dates: 03/24/14
Height: 6003
Weight: 240
40 Yrd Dash: 4.65
20 Yrd Dash: 2.72
10 Yrd Dash: 1.63 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'09"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.44
3-Cone Drill:
40 Time Range: 4.65-4.68
Data Scout Notes: 2013: 2ndC/HMM...PLombardi/PButkus/DS#2PSTeamProspect-DStephens/TSX-PTW...2012: HMC/HMM...2011: NA
Anthony Hitchens/Iowa football Videos

@import url("http://www.google.com/uds/css/gsearch.css"); @import url("http://www.google.com/uds/solutions/videobar/gsvideobar.css"); .playerInnerBox_gsvb .player_gsvb { width : 445px; height : 364px; }
*Automated search based on player first/last name, college team name, football, 3 loading panels, click video to view in full size on this page, watch or fast forward one full video, or open player with red arrow to choose more cuts at the bottom of the big video screen. Click "I'm done watching this" blue link at the top of video to close screen. If available/HQ changes video quality.
--> [Anthony Hitchens TSX Player News Log]...

Player Lowdown
Combine Results
40 Yd20 Yd10 Yd225 BenchVertical jumpBroadShuttle3-Cone Drill
4.712.691.612331 1/29'8"4.457.15
Workout Results
4.652.721.63--09'09"4.44-
Mock Draft Expert Analysis
  • No Analysis Available
  • No Analysis Available
  • No Analysis Available
  • No Analysis Available

Strengths Weaknesses
STRENGTHS: Possessing a compact, athletic frame, Hitchens displays an explosive first step, good balance through contact and agility to redirect quickly in space. Highly physical defender who delivers a pop on contact to fight off blockers, as well as good lateral agility to avoid them. He's also a good fundamental tackler and an effective blitzer who exploits creases in the line and closes quickly in space. Showed significant improvement in route-recognition and spatial awareness in his coverage duties in 2013. Experienced special teams performer. Saw action on kickoff and punt return formations. Made strides in his second full season, providing some hope that the light is coming on. WEAKNESSES: Comes with size limitations. Possesses a boxy frame that some will see as better suited to fullback and does not possess ideal arm length. Doesn't protect his knees well enough to the cut-block, showing only average flexibility and awareness in this regard. Relies on his closing speed to hit ballcarriers and knock them to the ground, rather than wrapping securely. While he does get his hips around quickly and maintains burst in transition, he's inconsistent with his awareness of what's going on around or behind him when asked to drop into coverage and stay pointed at the line of scrimmage. When his back is to the quarterback, he'll struggle to get his head back around and track the ball in one-on-one coverage situations downfield, and will occasionally over-run his gap in pursuit up near the line.COMPARES TO: Jamar Chaney, Atlanta Falcons - Like Chaney, Hitchens possesses a boxy frame that doesn't look the part of an NFL linebacker. Quickness and closing speed, however, give him a shot at surprising, especially if the timely big plays that characterized Hitchens' senior campaign continue. --Rob Rang
Player Overview
Hitchens may not have received the same fanfare throughout his career as teammates James Morris and Christian Kirksey enjoyed, but in leading the Big Ten in tackles in his first starting season and delivering several big plays in 2013 as an encore, he has firmly established himself as an NFL prospect. Hitchens signed with Iowa as a running back and was immediately asked to convert to safety. Injuries at running back forced him back to his old role for a bit as a true freshman before he ultimately settled back on the defensive side of the ball as an outside linebacker, logging a few snaps in a 27-24 Insight.com Bowl win over Missouri to end the 2010 season. A knee sprain robbed Hitchens of much of his 2011 campaign, giving him just 34 tackles over his first two seasons at Iowa, but he exploded at weak-side linebacker in 2012, recording a conference-leading 124 tackles (including 5.5 for loss) in a breakout performance. Though his numbers dropped in 2013, Hitchens was characterized as the team's most improved linebacker by head coach Kirk Ferentz, who cited his greater number of big plays (13 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles). Big plays against Michigan (three tackles for loss, forced fumble) and Nebraska (interception) were particularly bright spots, leading to plenty of hope that Hitchens' star might be on the rise as he's heading into the NFL.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
the cowboys are planning to play hitchens at inside linebacker, at least that's what the reports are being said, on the cowboys board, they had him listed at inside linebacker.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Devin Street, DS #22 WR, Pittsburgh
Selected: Round 5, Pick 6, Overall Pick 146 by Cowboys
96775.jpg

Name: Devin Street (+) Coming off Oct 2013 Shoulder INJ
College: Pittsburgh Number: 15
Height: 6-3 Weight: 198
Position: WR Pos2:
40 Low: 4.46 40 Time: 4.52 40 High: 4.65
Projected Round: 4-5 Stock:
same.gif
High: 3rd Low: 5th Rated number 22 out of 325 WR's 147 / 2254 TOTAL
24.jpg

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite:
Yes
Height: 6027
Weight: 198
40 Yrd Dash: 4.52
20 Yrd Dash: 2.58
10 Yrd Dash: 1.58 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 37
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.01
3-Cone Drill: 6.89
Dates: 03/03/14
Height: 6027
Weight: 198
40 Yrd Dash: 4.50
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill: 6.72
40 Time Range: 4.50 Twice
Data Scout Notes: 2013: HMC/3rdM...PBiletnikoff/DS#2TeamProspect-DBrugler...2012: 2ndC...PBiletnikoff...2011: NA
Devin Street/Pittsburgh football Videos

--> [Devin Street TSX Player News Log]...

--> [Devin Street Dynamic Newsfeed]...
Devin Street, WR
School: Pittsburgh | Conference: ACC
College Experience: Senior | Hometown: Bethlehem, PA
Height/Weight: 6-3 / 198 lbs.
Projected Ranking
OverallPositionProj. Rnd.
147224-5
Player Lowdown
Combine Results
4.522.581.58-3710'4"4.016.89
Workout Results
4.502.591.56----6.72
Strengths Weaknesses
STRENGTHS: Good-sized target with long arms to catch the ball well away from his frame...natural plucker with soft hands to catch everything thrown his way - nice job locating and highpointing to come down with off-target throws...well-built with natural body control, using his size well, working the middle of the field and holding his own in traffic - terrific hand-eye coordination...long-strider with adequate build-up vertical speed...shows balance after the catch to pick up extra yards...coachable and known as a reliable teammate - senior captain...athletic bloodlines - father (Kutztown) and uncle (Tennessee State) both played college football...productive resume with 40 career starts and three 50+ reception seasons - school's all-time leading pass-catcher with 202 grabs.
WEAKNESSES: Lean-muscled and needs to spend more time in the weight room to develop his functional strength...will be pushed around by smaller defenders and needs to shed the "soft" label...tight lower body and struggles to create much separation in his breaks...doesn't have any suddenness as a route runner and will struggle vs. press coverage...needs to show better creativity and wiggle as a ballcarrier to be a consistent threat after the catch...needs to stay focused for all four quarters and appears to have some mental lapses...lacks an ideal competitive temperament and too passive...some durability concerns, missing playing time in 2013 with nagging shoulder and ankle issues...character needs investigated after a Oct. 2012 incident when he was charged with one count of criminal conspiracy and simple assault after being accused of punching a student in the head - charges were reduced and he performed community service.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
DE, Stanford
93243.jpg

Name: Ben Gardner (+) 10-05-13 Pectoral INJ, Out for 2013
College: Stanford Number: 49
Height: 6-4 Weight: 262
Position: DE Pos2:
40 Low: 4.95 40 Time: 5.05 40 High: 5.18
Projected Round: Stock:
same.gif
High: 6-7th Low: PFA/INJs Rated number 27 out of 163 DE's 351 / 2254 TOTAL
51.jpg

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite:

Weight: 262
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:
Dates: 03/20/14
Weight: 262
40 Yrd Dash: 5.03
20 Yrd Dash: 2.83
10 Yrd Dash: 1.69 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 39 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.24
3-Cone Drill: 6.98
40 Time Range: 5.03-5.07/No Bench, Shoulder
Data Scout Notes: 2013: 1stC...(+) 10-05-13 Pectoral INJ, Out for 2013/DS #7 rSr DE...PLombardi/PNagurski/PBednarik/TSX-PTW...2012: 2ndC/PHendricks/PLombardi...2011: 2ndC
Ben Gardner/Stanford football Videos

--> [Ben Gardner TSX Player News Log]...

--> [Ben Gardner Dynamic Newsfeed]...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Will Smith, DS #25 OLB, Texas Tech
125255.jpg

Name: Will Smith
College: Texas Tech Number: 7
Height: 6-2 Weight: 231
Position: OLB Pos2: ILB/ST
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2014
40 Low: 4.56 40 Time: 4.64 40 High: 4.75
Projected Round: 7-FA Stock:
up.gif
High: 5-6th Low: PFA Rated number 25 out of 182 OLB's 273 / 2254 TOTAL
21.jpg

Combine Results
Pro Day Results
Combine Invite:

Height: 6021
Weight: 231
40 Yrd Dash:
20 Yrd Dash:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:
Dates: 03/14/14
Height: 6021
Weight: 231
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.73
10 Yrd Dash: 1.62 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.53
3-Cone Drill: 7.04
40 Time Range: 4.59-4.69/High Winds
Data Scout Notes: 2013: HMC/1stM...2012: NAC/HMM
Will Smith/Texas Tech football Videos
--> [Will Smith TSX Player News Log]...

--> [Will Smith Dynamic Newsfeed]...

Status
Not open for further replies.