News: Dallas Cowboys 2018 draft needs already clear

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys 2018 draft needs already clear
https://thelandryhat.com/2017/10/13/dallas-cowboys-2018-draft-needs-already-clear/

Last season’s 13-3 vault to the top of the NFC postseason bracket is beginning to look like a mirage in the rearview mirror. At 2-3 on the season and entering a well-needed bye week following back-to-back losses at home, a picture is already emerging in terms of where the Cowboys need help once the 2018 offseason arrives.

The 2018 NFL Draft, wherever it ends up taking place, is where they’ll most likely have to find it. This week has reminded all of us just how useless free agency is to the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL, in general.

The release of cornerback Nolan Carroll and retirement of defensive tackle Stephen Paea have left some holes to fill, but those will not truly be filled until next offseason...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I’m looking at players like defensive tackles Da’Ron Payne of Alabama or Christian Wilkins of Clemson as a potentially early and immediate upgrade over just about anybody not named Maliek Collins or Irving to the interior of a defensive line that’s giving away rushing yards at an alarming pace so far this season.

If we’re talking defensive ends, there’s edge rushers like Arden Key that will immediately remind some of Charles Haley or DeMarcus Ware, both highly accomplished pass rushers in the history of the Cowboys. Key has speed off the edge like few players I’ve ever seen and he likely won’t even be available when Dallas ends up on the clock, but there will be other candidates to help turn this defensive front into something truly frightening.

(or an updated version of Let's Make A Deal)

https://thelandryhat.com/2017/10/12/dallas-cowboys-health-hard-choices-defense/

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Depending on where we end up drafting, Payne would be my first choice but Wilkins would be a great Backup choice. Maybe its the Gregory effect, but no to Key. Give me a big tall Strong safety or someone like Chubb.