Dallas Cowboys All Pro Darren Woodson on Coach Mike Zimmer

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Very underwhelmed by the choice, but it is what it is.. Jerry painted himself in the corner again and got left with his choice from the scrap pile. I knew from the moment i read Zimmer was interested and got off his couch, it was his to lose. Jerry has gotten so predictable. Well this is gonna be a tough year anyway no matter who the DC was gonna be. MM fat neck is on the line.

ccb04

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh wore out his welcome in San Francisco. It happens.

Zimmer was 26 games above .500, won 2 division titles, and his defenses finished top 10 in 5 of his 8 seasons with the Vikings.

After he was let go, Deion respected him enough to bring him down to Jackson St. Woodson's statements regarding Zimmer sound very similar to Harrison Smith's, even though there was quite a bit of time between each playing for him.

Wishful thinking time! Now bring in D. Hunter, whom Zimmer loves: "He’s a really smart kid, takes a lot of pride in what he’s trying to do. Really good with the rest of the guys as far as now becoming one of the veteran leaders in the group. And I’m glad we have him. Wish we had 10 more like him.”

Reactions: CWR

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jim Harbaugh wore out his welcome in San Francisco. It happens.

Zimmer was 26 games above .500, won 2 division titles, and his defenses finished top 10 in 5 of his 8 seasons with the Vikings.

After he was let go, Deion respected him enough to bring him down to Jackson St. Woodson's statements regarding Zimmer sound very similar to Harrison Smith's, even though there was quite a bit of time between each playing for him.

Wishful thinking time! Now bring in D. Hunter, whom Zimmer loves: "He’s a really smart kid, takes a lot of pride in what he’s trying to do. Really good with the rest of the guys as far as now becoming one of the veteran leaders in the group. And I’m glad we have him. Wish we had 10 more like him.”
Yes show you how to really get to the passer and get sacks!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I seriously can't believe we are going back to Dave Campo's 3 time 5-11 defensive coordinator. :banghead:

Just let that little bit of history sink in.....

Or the coach that literally got run out of Minnesota because the team hated him.

And then there is this point......if he tries to come in here and implement the 3-4 he learned under Parcells.....:facepalm:

THE 3-4 DEFENSE IS DEAD........because teams now days run mostly 3 and 4 WR sets.

This is such a bad hire on so many levels.

Mike can come in here and rant and rave all he wants.....because the players know if the record is bad enough.....the whole damn staff is gone in one season. And your not gonna fire all the players.

2024 Season over before it even begins. And honestly.....This franchise has lost all credibility now. It's a freakshow on the Kardashian level.
Post of the day

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Sorry Woody. I'm not buying the Kool-Aid, nor drinking it. Zimmer is the worst hire Jerry could have made.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I seriously can't believe we are going back to Dave Campo's 3 time 5-11 defensive coordinator. :banghead:

Just let that little bit of history sink in.....

Or the coach that literally got run out of Minnesota because the team hated him.

And then there is this point......if he tries to come in here and implement the 3-4 he learned under Parcells.....:facepalm:

THE 3-4 DEFENSE IS DEAD........because teams now days run mostly 3 and 4 WR sets.

This is such a bad hire on so many levels.

Mike can come in here and rant and rave all he wants.....because the players know if the record is bad enough.....the whole damn staff is gone in one season. And your not gonna fire all the players.

2024 Season over before it even begins. And honestly.....This franchise has lost all credibility now. It's a freakshow on the Kardashian level.
Don't forget the NFL shame record of 200 yard rushers given up by Zimmer's 5-11 defense that still stands as a record to this day.

More "failing upwards" hiring by Jerry Jones.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am sure Jerry already stole his soul and pulled his teeth as part of the agreement.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sorry Woody. I'm not buying the Kool-Aid, nor drinking it. Zimmer is the worst hire Jerry could have made.
Rivera would have been worse. But duly noted. Id rather take a risk on Rex Ryan or heck, rather than retreads, take a gamble on Durde as DC.Its the same difference really.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Accountability, accountability is what Zimmer brings. Hopefully these players are strong enough to be called out for a stupid penalty or missed assignment.%
About 10% of them will be open to it. The vast majority will mentally check out. They not in it for the love of the game nor the integrity. STANDARDS. They in it for attention and money for their platform and agenda. Winning is only a happenstance. They are indifferent to the results. The elite teams found enough alpha males on the team to hold each other to higher standards. Like the Chiefs for example and the Niners. Its the same every year.

John813

Reaction score
See how that impacts Micah.
Goes from the "father figure"/uncle in Quinn to a supposed hard *** that some players won't like possibly.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don’t doubt any of this…the disconnect is I’m not sure players today are going to buy into this style. It’s definitely tbd

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Don't forget the NFL shame record of 200 yard rushers given up by Zimmer's 5-11 defense that still stands as a record to this day.

More "failing upwards" hiring by Jerry Jones.
So, you want to talk about his defense from 25 years ago, and NOT the Top 10 defenses he led at Cincy & Minnesota...yeah, THAT makes sense. Man coached a team in 2017 that made it somewhere this team hasn't since the '95 season - the NFCCG. But, let's listen to you and focus on THAT team. SAS is right - our fanbase is...
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Big_D

Reaction score
So, you want to talk about his defense from 25 years ago, and NOT the Top 10 defenses he led at Cincy & Minnesota...yeah, THAT makes sense. Man coached a team in 2017 that made it somewhere this team hasn't since the '95 season - the NFCCG. But, let's listen to you and focus on THAT team. SAS is right - our fanbase is...
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Never mind Jerry’s decisions and drafts. Team management was the worst it’s ever been at that point in time.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
mark him off the list. Jerry the enabler will not put up with coaches hurting his player's friends' feelings. Who next?