Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Las Vegas Raiders | 1st Half Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Seems to be their trend. I’ve got mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, an injury could be season derailing if it’s to a certain player whereas going into the season rusty has show to show mixed results at best.
Big Mac looks like bubble wrap starters in pre season , as long as the rust doesngt carry over in regular season its ok

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I figured.

I wish our guys would take every opportunity to get a little better, but who are we kidding, this is Jerry's Cowboys. Where the easier road is the one always taken.
There are players I'm not worried about seeing in the games. The scrimmage/practice work they get against other team's starters may be enough. That doesn't mean that players like Turpin and Tolbert should sit. As I mentioned earlier, I'd like to see the starting line out there with Guyton and Beebe to give the rookies the top players to work with and work off at least for a series or two.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Seems to be their trend. I’ve got mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, an injury could be season derailing if it’s to a certain player whereas going into the season rusty has show to show mixed results at best.
Right. I understand the reason for it, but I do think there are some things that need to be worked on. I don't need to see Dak throwing to Cooks or even Ferguson, but there are players I would like to see working together and getting reps.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Raiders playing their starters while we're supposed to properly judge Lance with his #1 receiver being the #5 receiver Week 1.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Big Mac looks like bubble wrap starters in pre season , as long as the rust doesngt carry over in regular season its ok
If we're going to do that, I'd like to see us hold at least one more practice/scrimmage with another team. The advantages of the scrimmage is there's less tackling to the ground, the QB is off limits for hits, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.