Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Chargers Postgame Thread

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I generally like Herbert, but it is funny that he is one of the QB's that a lot of posters here compare Dak to or outwardly wish we had on this team. Herbert looked absolutely awful tonight.
The Dak of the West, with a better arm...but he's overrated. Some people have him as a top 5 QB. NOT!!!!!

And Staley is a younger version of McCarthy, they're both in over their heads.

zerofill

Reaction score
It was his only sack but he had much more impact than stat sheet shows.
Herbert threw from a phone booth 20 times because of the pocket collapsing. It just didn't result in sacks. But Herbert has some balls, to stand in there. Most are out of there by that time.

CxC1993

Reaction score
Agreed, was encouraging to see him use his legs with confidence.

Scotman

Reaction score
D was slow all night. Offense never took advantage of anything. Playcalling was unimaginative. I'm surprised people are saying Dak was the issue. The best player on offense was CeeDee, followed by Dak.

But this was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. Fair catch that wasn't. Ridiculous mystery calls. And what exactly happened when the ref stopped us as we snapped? It's was a crap fest.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Glad we won but McCarthy let’s run Pollard up the middle 20 times. This guy is totally useless. Please take away his playbook!!!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I just want to hear about the great justin Herbert. Missing wide open people all night. Bout time yall hop off his jock
He has elite throwing ability and athletic, but at the end of the day it doesn’t really translate as it should on the field. And he’s had plenty of weapons to work with most of his career. Whatever. Who cares. The media will always like and prop up who they want to.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That was truly an ugly game..but we pulled it out,thank you Micah and gilly.. offense needs a lot of work,a lot of work,..but I'm not gonna complain,we won and that's all I care about..go cowboys!!!
i agree we are not even top 10 offense when we use to bet top 5 last few,,,but our defense bailed us out

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
That game was borderline unwatchable thanks to the officials. WAY too much of a presence in this game. If I weren't a Cowboy fan, I would have turned it off.

That being said, good games by Dak Prescott, CeeDee Lamb, Brandin Cooks, Markquese Bell, DaRon Bland, Osa Odighizuwa. Clutch plays late by Parsons and Gilmore.

The interior offensive line was quite poor tonight. Run blocking was poor, and the pass protection wasn't much better. This team needs to find a hammer at running back, because Pollard is not getting it done on inside runs.

Bye week is at a good time. They have a ton to clean up.
Run blocking looks pretty bad. Dak is gun shy over the middle. He is scared to throw ints.

We need to be able to run the ball effectively.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
The defense showed up after the debacle last week between Bell's goalline stop to parsons timely sack. Amazing

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I said it was the get right game, build on this over the bye. Find a running game please….

Mark

Reaction score
That Dak rushed for 40 yds. tonight was huge. Unfortunately, the leading rusher.

Lamb caught every ball thrown his way, to the tune of 117 yds.

Dak made some good throws tonight...more than we're used to seeing. Took a couple of bad sacks, too.

Parsons was triple-teamed all night, but broke loose to make a huge play in crunch-time.

DAL punter & place-kicker deserve accolades...they've kept their team in games.

Glad to see the 'Boys come home with their first victory west of Dallas this year.

DStar22

Reaction score
we won by the 3 points Mike took at the half.

4 was good.
defense was good.
penalties stunk though,
and where is our run blocking?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He has elite throwing ability and athletic, but at the end of the day it doesn’t really translate as it should on the field. And he’s had plenty of weapons to work with most of his career. Whatever. Who cares. The media will always like and prop up who they want to.
I just find it funny. Some of his passes missed were ridiculous