Image: Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staffs (2011-2019)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'm sure it's no coincidence that of the 50 biggest blown leads in franchise history, 11 have come under Garrett.
He is conservative and needs a really superior DC to ever succeed. He failed with every pairing.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Compare each and every one of those Garrett staffs to what Parcells put together in 2005.

HC - Bill Parcellls
Assistant HC/Passing Game Coor. - Sean Payton
QB - ﹰDavid ﹰLee
RBs - Anthony Lynn
WRs - Todd Haley
TEs Paul Pasqiloni
OL - Tony Sporano

Def Cor. - Mike Zimmer
DL - Kacy Rogers
LBs- Gary Gibbs
Secondary - Todd Bowles

STs- Bruce Dehaven

Questions???

So 6 future HCs on that staff?

And Payton was no slam-dunk hire when he came here, IIRC. He had been run out of favor in NY and apparently was going to be fired if he hadn't left.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So 6 future HCs on that staff?

And Payton was no slam-dunk hire when he came here, IIRC. He had been run out of favor in NY and apparently was going to be fired if he hadn't left.
Parcells' staffs were incredible. But they could not succeed because of the tug of war that still seemed to be in place between the coach, personnel team and the front office.

The Lacewell thing was still there. The Ciskowski influence was still there. Parcells tried to push his way with Ireland and Gaine.

I might be really stupid in saying this, but perhaps Jones and fam might have learned something with McClay and maybe there would be more synergy there.

Again, I am really wishing here.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Parcells' staffs were incredible. But they could not succeed because of the tug of war that still seemed to be in place between the coach, personnel team and the front office.

The Lacewell thing was still there. The Ciskowski influence was still there. Parcells tried to push his way with Ireland and Gaine.

I might be really stupid in saying this, but perhaps Jones and fam might have learned something with McClay and maybe there would be more synergy there.

Again, I am really wishing here.
Man, that's a bunch of names I had forgotten about. And I agree, at least now we don't have that level of chaos.

I think.

Zordon

Reaction score
colombo is doing an excellent job as OL coach.
I think he's getting a pass bc he's a popular ex-player and he's not Paul Alexander.

Pass blocking has improved but the run blocking has not and that's a big deal considering that's the identity we desire.