Image: Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staffs (2011-2019)

wecasa

Reaction score
Thoughts?

-Ben Bloom and Keith O'Quinn have been here in some capacity since Garrett became HC. I guess start there if you're looking for his "coaching tree" lol.
-I think there's been a big deterioration in oline coaching since Pollack.
-The DC hires have been atrocious.
-Gary Brown knows how to keep a job.
-I do wonder if they've gotten too comfortable with Woicik.

bIS98X6.png
woicik has been around. Was a part of the super bowl teams of the 90's. With the saints then pats and back to dallas. Guys been around a lot of winning teams. 6 rings. He has the resume. Not sure how much he can be blamed. Doesn't seem like players aren't physically ready to go, mentally is another issue.

75boyz

Reaction score
Compare each and every one of those Garrett staffs to what Parcells put together in 2005.

HC - Bill Parcellls
Assistant HC/Passing Game Coor. - Sean Payton
QB - ﹰDavid ﹰLee
RBs - Anthony Lynn
WRs - Todd Haley
TEs Paul Pasqiloni
OL - Tony Sporano

Def Cor. - Mike Zimmer
DL - Kacy Rogers
LBs- Gary Gibbs
Secondary - Todd Bowles

STs- Bruce Dehaven

Questions???

My gosh bro, had no idea how telling. Talk about night and day contrast...
Just...Practically speechless.

Great post.

Zordon

Reaction score
Jesus lol why you gotta hit us that hard bro?

And I was told its not coaching but its all Jerry. lol Like bringing in a competent coach wouldnt make a difference.
The issue is the GM signed off on all these coaches. Lacewell pushed Jerry to abandon the 3-4 and hire Kiffin. A bunch of senile geriatrics are running this franchise.

Guarantee you Jerry fill try to force a coach or two on the next coach.

Valkyr

Reaction score
There's nothing more depressing about this franchise than their inability to get the defense right. It's obvious to me Jerry has no clue what he's doing on that side of the ball.
Monte Kiffin looking comatose was the best.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Compare each and every one of those Garrett staffs to what Parcells put together in 2005.

HC - Bill Parcellls
Assistant HC/Passing Game Coor. - Sean Payton
QB - ﹰDavid ﹰLee
RBs - Anthony Lynn
WRs - Todd Haley
TEs Paul Pasqiloni
OL - Tony Sporano

Def Cor. - Mike Zimmer
DL - Kacy Rogers
LBs- Gary Gibbs
Secondary - Todd Bowles

STs- Bruce Dehaven

Questions???

When you’re coaching royalty you have plenty of dependable vassals to call for help.

When you’re Jason Garrett the dude at the local fast food joint who cooks the best fries may be an option.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
While teams like the Vikings are bringing in seasoned professionals like Gary Kubiak to help their offense in the offseason, Dallas is busy promoting face fresh-faced kids with zero experience.

I get looking for the next young, talented guy, buy McVay, Kyle Shanahan, etc paid their dues before becoming coordinators and ultimately coaches.

It is also troubling how they brought in people with a track failure with organizations like Marinelli, Keith O'Quinn, forget his name but the oline coach from Cincy a year after they were arguably the worse oline in the league.

The only position I have seen significant improvement from this offseason is QB, that is why Kitna would be the only coach I would keep.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Thoughts?

-Ben Bloom and Keith O'Quinn have been here in some capacity since Garrett became HC. I guess start there if you're looking for his "coaching tree" lol.
-I think there's been a big deterioration in oline coaching since Pollack.
-The DC hires have been atrocious.
-Gary Brown knows how to keep a job.
-I do wonder if they've gotten too comfortable with Woicik.

bIS98X6.png

colombo is doing an excellent job as OL coach.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Bloom and O'Quinn are the two twigs on his tree. That is an indictment on him as much as anything.

Part of the reason I'm on the Meyer train is the fact that he's developed quality coaches under him over the years and will have a big network to choose from when he builds his staff in Dallas.

good post.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Two quick observations regarding the staff during the 2011-19 seasons:

First, the coaching staff has been relatively stable during this period. Given only three division titles ( and no real success beyond that), I might have expected more coaching turn-over - for no other reason than to bring in fresh ideas and create healthy competition.

Second, as noted by others, there aren't HCs or Coordinators being cloned from this coaching tree.

Contrary to his "wildcatter" reputation, JJ seems singularly content with status quo.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There's nothing more depressing about this franchise than their inability to get the defense right. It's obvious to me Jerry has no clue what he's doing on that side of the ball.
The last time we had a fully functional defense was under Johnson with Wannstedt and then Butch Davis.

The Parcells defenses had issues since Zimmer was trying to learn the 3-4. Phillips had a strong couple.

Since then it has been a embarrassment. Ryan was hilarious, Kiffin a joke and Marinelli's has been all bark, no bite.

Valkyr

Reaction score
The last time we had a fully functional defense was under Johnson with Wannstedt and then Butch Davis.

The Parcells defenses had issues since Zimmer was trying to learn the 3-4. Phillips had a strong couple.

Since then it has been a embarrassment. Ryan was hilarious, Kiffin a joke and Marinelli's has been all bark, no bite.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that of the 50 biggest blown leads in franchise history, 11 have come under Garrett.