News: Dallas Cowboys Draft 2018: Five tackles and where the Cowboys can find them

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Draft 2018: Five tackles and where the Cowboys can find them
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...e-tackles-and-where-the-cowboys-can-find-them

The Cowboys really need to find a swing tackle but unfortunately, this draft class is not very appealing in the tackle department. It’s going to take some developing of guys to make it work but there are always a player or two to be found when you least expect it.

Brian O’Neill, 6’7, 298 lbs, Pittsburgh (Brugler: 73rd, 7th OT)

He’s got the NFL-ready athleticism that you want in a tackle and great length but he’s very raw. He has good balance and quickness that shows up in his ability to recover quickly from mistakes. He does a great job of running edge rushers wide of the pocket area and keeping the quarterback clean. There are still questions about his play-strength and he needs to continuously work on his technique. O’Neill is quick with his initial punch to stun the pass rusher. There is a ton of ability but he needs someone to get it out of him.

Where you get him: Late second, early third round

Alex Kappa, 6’6, 305 lbs, Humboldt State (Brugler: 116th, 10th OT)

Here’s another pet cat of mine as Kappa was impressive at the Senior Bowl. He didn’t come without his struggles but he was more than adequate in run and pass protection. On a couple of instances, he knocked Marcus Davenport (first round EDGE) on his rear end and was quite dominant. He’s got a long frame, built well with broad shoulders and good arm length as well. He’s a tough-nosed guy that plays with surprisingly solid technique. He doesn’t have the elite foot speed you would want and there are questions about the competition level he faced but Kappa has put some of those to rest.

Kappa, to me, is like former WWE Legend, Iron Shiek, when he goes up against good competition: “I’ll break your back and humble you, Bubba!”

Where you get him: Anywhere from late third to middle of the fourth round is a good spot for Kappa...

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I like Toth a lot. Another guy I like is Greg Senat sure was impressive at the East/West game.