****Dallas Cowboys Draft Picks****

ESisback

Reaction score
Nfl.com gave giants a B for Daniel jones

The majority of the “experts”, as well as the fans VS. a small, very vocal faction of perpetually miserable internet know-it-alls. Hmmmm. Which group has the credibility?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The majority of the “experts”, as well as the fans VS. a small, very vocal faction of perpetually miserable internet know-it-alls. Hmmmm. Which group has the credibility?
Giants fans want gettleman fired for taking Daniel jones

ESisback

Reaction score
Giants fans want gettleman fired for taking Daniel jones

Every team has overreacting fans, especially teams that aren’t winning.

It’s not a move I would have made, but it’s too early to condemn. MAYBE they think he’ll be a step up from the Eli of the past two years.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Nate Newton calls Antwaun Woods "the human log" so what's he going to call Trysten Hill, "the human hill"?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are glad Gettleman got hired as the Giant's GM for taking Daniel Jones with that 6th overall pick. I know because I'm one of them.
Lol me too. My co workers are all giants fans. In my job fantasy league group chat when Daniel Jones was picked i wrote YES!!! The responses were fantastic.

egn22

Reaction score
can someone suggest a good podcast or YouTube video for an in depth recap of our draft? Something I can listen to while working.
I didn’t follow this years draft as much as I normally do, and I’d like to get expert opinions on each of our picks and what the thoughts are on their impact for our teams future.

I went to The cowboys official webpage and didn’t find much. I’m not subscribed to anyone on YouTube that offers this kind of coverage.

Thanks in advance for your help

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see how this group does, one thing that kind of baffles me is the second RB pick.

As has been stated, he’s Zeke’s backup. Pollard is different. He’s not a traditional RB, but a versatile RB/KR/WR.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
can someone suggest a good podcast or YouTube video for an in depth recap of our draft? Something I can listen to while working.
I didn’t follow this years draft as much as I normally do, and I’d like to get expert opinions on each of our picks and what the thoughts are on their impact for our teams future.

I went to The cowboys official webpage and didn’t find much. I’m not subscribed to anyone on YouTube that offers this kind of coverage.

Thanks in advance for your help
Hangin' with the Boys is on at 11 cst today, Talkin' Cowboys on Tuesday 11 cst., Cowboys Break Wednesday 11 cst, Thursday The Draft Show 11 cst.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I admit that I had very limited advance knowledge of these guys and most have nice highlights. Although, I would note if you don’t have a nice highlight package that you are probably not a draftable player.

I think my biggest doubts are Hill, Pollard and Smith. They may turn out fine but thy are probably why my grade is lowered.

Hill plays how I like tackles to play by being able to penetrate and cause disruption. He also has the measurables I like. But there are a lot of questions to him. If he is not a potential good starter it really hurts this class. Not counting him out but the questions give me pause.

I don’t get Pollard in the fourth. Seems like a lot for a guy to fill the Dunbar and Lucky roles. I am sure Dallas likes him but I would have preferred other directions in the fourth round. We will see how he looks in camp and how Dallas plans to get him the ball without taking it away from their best player.

Smith highlights look good but I am really disappointed after a deep safety free agent class and draft class that we are basically in the same spot. I don’t think you can have an elite defense with our starting safeties. Maybe Smith makes the team over Frazier or Ioaka and provides special team help as he develops and we see if he has any starting potential but I was hoping for more at the safety position.

So I would say I am intrigued by the athleticism and size/physicality of a lot of our draft and UDFA players and look forward to seeing them in camp, but some of the questions above would give me some doubt on the class.

DE's Jackson and Jelks score poorly in athleticism, and Jelks is only 250# and raw.

SS Wilson is a hitter, but poor in man coverage, letting QB's complete nearly 80% of their throws against him.

Hill and McGovern should make the squad, CB Jackson and the 2 RB's should at least make the PS, but I'm not sure the other 3 are NFL material.

Trading down to get picks of limited worth doesn't seem to be viable strategy.
Still no safety, from a very deep class.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their opinions so here's mine. After watching every DI game of Pollard's, this 'practice squad' talk is beyond laughable. This team has been missing a guy with his skill set for years. Pollard does NOT equal Dunbar. Dunbar couldn't carry this kid's jock. As noted earlier, this is just my opinion and my opinion is that this was the 'boy's best pick in '19. On another note, heck of a job Brain! Thanks for doing all of this work!!!

DBOY3141

Reaction score
DE's Jackson and Jelks score poorly in athleticism, and Jelks is only 250# and raw.

SS Wilson is a hitter, but poor in man coverage, letting QB's complete nearly 80% of their throws against him.

Hill and McGovern should make the squad, CB Jackson and the 2 RB's should at least make the PS, but I'm not sure the other 3 are NFL material.

Trading down to get picks of limited worth doesn't seem to be viable strategy.
Still no safety, from a very deep class.
you think the RB's make the practice squad??

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I said "at least".
The point was there are 2 or 3 picks that have little or no chance.