Dallas Cowboys Draft: Round 1 WR Targets

rambo2

Reaction score
what do you guys think of Xavier Leggette?
He probably is a 2nd round pick that could be a good fit in Dallas. He is very good in contested catches.. He high points the ball very well. He is a limited route runner. He is good after the catch.

rambo2

Reaction score
Some of the 2nd round guys are going to turn out very good.

rambo2

Reaction score
Another reason why this offseason is crap.

We should absolutely be looking at WR in rd 1. We won't because we've painted ourselves into OT, no matter what.

And we probably won't look reciever until later either, because we also need LB, RB, DT, DE, C too. And most of those positions don't have as much talent in this draft as WR, so invariably we will be forcing ourselves to take lesser rated players.
They certainly are looking at receiver. They look at everybody.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Folks need to get ready, the Cowboys look like they’re doing their homework on BTJ. They had a formal meeting with him at the Combine and the receiver’s coach (Prince) attended LSU’s pro day.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Folks need to get ready, the Cowboys look like they’re doing their homework on BTJ. They had a formal meeting with him at the Combine and the receiver’s coach (Prince) attended LSU’s pro day.
I'm starting to warm up to that pick, our WR threat is pretty much CeedDee and Ferguson, Cooks is a decent 2, and the rest are trash in books

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm starting to warm up to that pick, our WR threat is pretty much CeedDee and Ferguson, Cooks is a decent 2, and the rest are trash in books
My hunch is that they probably aren’t as sold on some of the OL that keep getting projected to us in R1. It’s possible the grade for a guy like Guyton is close enough to prospects like Christian Jones or Kingsley Suamataia that they may pass on OT until R2. In that scenario they may see BTJ or Adoni Mitchell as better R1 value.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
My hunch is that they probably aren’t as sold on some of the OL that keep getting projected to us in R1. It’s possible the grade for a guy like Guyton is close enough to prospects like Christian Jones or Kingsley Suamataia that they may pass on OT until R2. In that scenario they may see BTJ or Adoni Mitchell as better R1 value.
OL is stacked this year, we can still get a day 1 starter in rounds 2-3