cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys draft series: LSU LB Darry Beckwith
11:17 AM Wed, Apr 15, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Size: 6-0, 242

Combine 40-yard dash: 4.79

POSITIVES

Beckwith, a three-year starter for the Tigers, is a tough, smart player who was considered an outstanding leader in college. He's a sound tackler who will be where he is supposed to be against the run. He's much better in pursuit and pass coverage than his pedestrian 40 time might indicate, due to his quickness, instincts and recognition skills.

NEGATIVES

He's not a playmaker, making only 14 tackles for losses, 5.5 sacks and two interceptions during his LSU career. He's decent in coverage but is not a threat as a blitzer. He can struggle to get off blocks. Durability is a concern after he missed a total of five games over the last three seasons due to knee injuries.

COWBOY FIT

He's projected to go in the middle rounds and might make sense for the Cowboys with one of their fourth-round picks. He's a versatile enough player to be able to back up both inside linebacker positions. He could compete for immediate playing time in the nickel and dime packages.

SCRAPBOOK

Darry Beckwith wants NFL teams to get to know him (New Orleans Times-Picayune)

Beckwith plays with emotion and pain (Baton Rogue Advocate)

SCOUTING REPORTS

Draft Countdown

NFL Draft Scout (NFL.com)

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Here is the video
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2009/04/dallas-cowboys-draft-series-lsu-lb-darry-1.html

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
"Not a Playmaker."

Validates my own observations. That's all I needed to know.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BAT;2731409 said:
"Not a Playmaker."

Validates my own observations. That's all I needed to know.

i agree, some liked him on this board, but i didnt particullary care for him, to me he reminds me of a young bradie james, and it took james 5 years to get where he is now, i dont want to wait 5 years

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2731447 said:
i agree, some liked him on this board, but i didnt particullary care for him, to me he reminds me of a young bradie james, and it took james 5 years to get where he is now, i dont want to wait 5 years

That is a money quote.