Dallas Cowboys Fans in London

HDC

Reaction score
I will be in London Saturday night December 16 when the Cowboys play the Falcons; the game will be televised in the US on the NFL Network beginning at 8:00PM Eastern. Is there any way to watch the game in London?

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
HDC;1219251 said:
I will be in London Saturday night December 16 when the Cowboys play the Falcons; the game will be televised in the US on the NFL Network beginning at 8:00PM Eastern. Is there any way to watch the game in London?

London, Ontario Canada........I live here.
or
England.....vacationed there

SaintReginald

Benched
Reaction score
HDC;1219251 said:
http://www.tvover.net/TVStation,direct,625.aspx
this is the link to yahoo sports. if the game is not being televised in london it is unliscensed and therefore u can watch it at an internet cafe if u dont have access to the internet already.

If the game is being shown on british tv it would either be on skysports xtra (every pub in london has skysports so u can ask them to put it on but you better pray theres no british sport on at the same time,) or channel 5 on normal network tv.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Isn't there some big Old-West, Texas themed tourist trap restaurant right off of Piccadilly's Circus? They might show it there. I was in London last New Years with some friends and we were able to watch the USC-UT National Championship game there, surrounded by dis planted Texans.

SaintReginald

Benched
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;1219318 said:
The game will be live on Skysports 1...

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,0-1025663,00.html

This is a satellite channel. You need a hotel showing this channel....I doubt if a sports bar will be open at 1.00 am.

good find on skysports 1. Theres actually an american sports bar open until 5 am called The Sports Cafe. I know of it cuz its a U.S Navy haunt (or was before most of us shipped out to naples)

They show u.s sports 24/7. ill try to find the address. they have skysports there for sure.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
SaintReginald;1219324 said:
good find on skysports 1. Theres actually an american sports bar open until 5 am called The Sports Cafe. I know of it cuz its a U.S Navy haunt (or was before most of us shipped out to naples)

They show u.s sports 24/7. ill try to find the address. they have skysports there for sure.

Not such a good find. I'll be watching it on Sky Sports 1 for sure. :)

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
SaintReginald;1219338 said:
where do u live arch?
u watching tommorows game on channel 5 like me i take it?

Reg - I live to the west of London. Unfortunately I'll be tucked up in bed. Too much important business going down at the moment. I'll catch it on the PVR.

SaintReginald

Benched
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;1219332 said:
The Sports Cafe....

http://www.thesportscafe.net/home.cfm

Doesn't look like they're showing the game from the schedule.

theyve never turned me down on a channel change before. theyve got their tvs set up in such a way that they can show multiple games at once.
but the best bet would definately be to get a hotel with skysports like u said. ive just never been to such a hotel in england before

SaintReginald

Benched
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;1219340 said:
Reg - I live to the west of London. Unfortunately I'll be tucked up in bed. Too much important business going down at the moment. I'll catch it on the PVR.

ah ok. i live in west london. paddington. you live in West Ruislip or high Wycombe area? If u do then i imagine you are here for the same reason as me :)

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
SaintReginald;1219345 said:
ah ok. i live in west london. paddington. you live in West Ruislip or high Wycombe area? If u do then i imagine you are here for the same reason as me :)

Nah Reg. I was born here. :laugh2:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy;1219304 said:
Buy one of these and you'll be set (I have one)

http://us.slingmedia.com/page/home
Just back from London myself and used the Slingbox. I also used it in China, works like a charm. Unfortunately this is Championship/Premiership soccer season in England right now and those games are played on Saturdays. Most of the pubs are going to be jammed with soccer fans (and soccer).

Speaking of which, enjoy the pubs and the great beer. I packed 6 pints of ale in my suitcase on the way home, lucky as hell that customs didnt open the bag. :) Make sure to ask for cask ale.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;1219318 said:
The game will be live on Skysports 1...

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,0-1025663,00.html

This is a satellite channel. You need a hotel showing this channel....I doubt if a sports bar will be open at 1.00 am.
Oops, forgot to mention that. The pubs all close at 10P. On Saturday, some have a special exemption to stay open until midnight but that's it. But if the above is true, your hotel room will almost definitely have Sky Sports channel.

HDC

Reaction score
Hey, thanks. The Sports Cafe has Cowboys vs Falcons at 1:00 AM Sunday (live). I'll be there.

SaintReginald

Benched
Reaction score
HDC;1219530 said:
Hey, thanks. The Sports Cafe has Cowboys vs Falcons at 1:00 AM Sunday (live). I'll be there.
cool man. might see u there. based on what happens this week will determine who i go for. If the saints beat the boys, im going for dallas just to keep falcons out of the playoff race. Otherwise ill be going for atl (vomit) to pray for the cowboys to fade late in the seeding race.