Dallas Cowboys football is Fun Again

Hoov

Reaction score
Even when they were going to overtime and i knew they may still lose the game I was thinking that this was just a great football game and was exciting and fun to watch.

It has been a long time for me to have that experience watching the dallas cowboys. There have been agonizing wins and awful losses but no games that have just been great games too watch.

Today was the kind of football game that reminds you of why you love the sport regardless of the outcome.

But it was great torturing my Younger brother (steelers fan) at the end:D

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Hoov;4903128 said:
Even when they were going to overtime and i knew they may still lose the game I was thinking that this was just a great football game and was exciting and fun to watch.

It has been a long time for me to have that experience watching the dallas cowboys. There have been agonizing wins and awful losses but no games that have just been great games too watch.

Today was the kind of football game that reminds you of why you love the sport regardless of the outcome.

Totally agree. They showed heart and what a game!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Five out of six of the last games have been wins. That should be fun for Dallas fans.

They have been turning a corner since about mid season and are looking like a well coached, disciplined team lately.

I would definitely say things are headed in the right direction.

lwehlers

Reaction score
the cowboys sure are keeping this season interesting with these fourth quarter wins. great game today!

Hoov

Reaction score
AsthmaField;4903196 said:
Five out of six of the last games have been wins. That should be fun for Dallas fans.

They have been turning a corner since about mid season and are looking like a well coached, disciplined team lately.

I would definitely say things are headed in the right direction.
But as fans we know that some of those wins were not fun to watch - not because they were close games or suspenseful games but because of sloppy play and ineptitude.

Today was a more polished football team that had focus.

And the steelers made some great plays too, and you have to accept that other teams have great players that will step up. Which is fun to watch too.

But all year when the cowboys have won its generally because the other team gave it away, and when they lost its because they gave it away.

Today Both teams played with heart and made plays, the cowboys just made a few more. And that is completely different from watching two sloppy temas battle to see who will give the game away.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're doing it with 2nd stringers on defense. Next man up. I don't know how far they can go with the patchwork lineup, but I'm in their corner all the way. They were once 3-5. Now they're 8-6 and in the thick of the playoff race. Every Cowboys fan should be proud right now.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov;4903379 said:
But as fans we know that some of those wins were not fun to watch - not because they were close games or suspenseful games but because of sloppy play and ineptitude.

Today was a more polished football team that had focus.

And the steelers made some great plays too, and you have to accept that other teams have great players that will step up. Which is fun to watch too.

But all year when the cowboys have won its generally because the other team gave it away, and when they lost its because they gave it away.

Today Both teams played with heart and made plays, the cowboys just made a few more. And that is completely different from watching two sloppy temas battle to see who will give the game away.

This game did have a different feel to it. When you consider that the Steelers had no penalties called against them, it's that much more impressive.

Hoov

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;4903415 said:
This game did have a different feel to it. When you consider that the Steelers had no penalties called against them, it's that much more impressive.
Good point about the penalties. That shows you the steelers did play a good game....... and lost !!!!

Which is the reason for some excitement.

And there was just a feel all game long that the cowboys were going to win.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;4903415 said:

Kind of like a Super Bowl we played against them, and lost, even thought they were the most penalized team in the league that year.

jayhouston12

Reaction score
I agree, i have emotion after todays win which is something i haven't had much of this season

oh man it was fun throwing flat screes around the house and rocking out in my undies and peeing everywhere

cowboys!!!!! whooooo

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Zordon;4903192 said:
this is the most enjoyable win in years.

Agree 100% most pumped I've been during a game all year and most excited after the win all year as well.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
jayhouston12;4903591 said:
I agree, i have emotion after todays win which is something i haven't had much of this season

oh man it was fun throwing flat screes around the house and rocking out in my undies and peeing everywhere

cowboys!!!!! whooooo

:laugh2:

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Hoov;4903128 said:

This was one of the best games this year, because the Cowboys were not hurting themselves with mistakes or stupid play calling.

jbravo316

Benched
Reaction score
These games here lately aren't any fun. They are gonna give me a heart attack at my age. :eek: But I will take em though.

Kendo

Reaction score
Last couple years I haven't been able to get comfortable during a game cause I just knew there was a way they would screw it up and lose the game, even when it seemed like it was wrapped up.

Then came the apathy phase where I taught myself not to care because it was too much invested emotion and they were most likely gonna lose anyway.

Now the tide seems to be swinging the other way cause even when they are down I don't seem to worry cause they always seem to make a game out of it and it seems lately they have been finding ways to win games. Oh how sweet it feels :D

Also Garrett does some boneheaded things still but I think he has the team pointed in the right direction and playing with a sense of purpose. I think this years team has been too depleted from injuries to make a serious run but how I would love to see one or two playoff games from them. That being said I think next year could be special with a few key additions and our injured players back. :starspin