Dallas Cowboys have already been eliminated from the 24/25 playoffs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know, It is hilarious that they are extending him. I think he will come back next season even stronger. He is a dud.....I mean stud!
He probably will. I expect him to have an even better year in this offense and probably make first team all pro. And we will lose in the first round 9 to 30….

jgboys1

Reaction score
He probably will. I expect him to have an even better year in this offense and probably make first team all pro. And we will lose in the first round 9 to 30….
Why would you want to stick with a front running QB like that?

We have seen this story too many times.

I get Dak fans, but I do not get Jerry's rational on going back to Dak when we all know how this story is going to end.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why would you want to stick with a front running QB like that?

We have seen this story too many times.

I get Dak fans, but I do not get Jerry's rational on going back to Dak when we all know how this story is going to end.
Jerry stuck with Romo for 13 years and Garrett for 10. Your guess is as good as mine

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It’s about to piss you off when you see in order for them to even field a team this year they have to extend Dak past 2025 lol.
This is what people aren’t getting. That contract can’t not happen. Problem is because Dallas couldn’t get a deal done last offseason, Dak can name his price because he’s once again backed the front office into a corner by being patient

Creeper

Reaction score
I get the frustration, but if MM was smart, he would turn this negative into a positive. "The world is laughing at us, let's prove them wrong!" "No one respects us!" and stuff like that.

I think when people calm down they will realize this is actually a good team with some very fixable problems. I imagine when Jerry sat down with MM before he made this announcement, Jerry asked him, "Well, Mike, what is wrong with this team and how do we fix it?" I would love to have heard MM's answer. I assume Mike told Jerry we need to run the ball better, and stop the run on defense. I hope he said we need to be more physical up front.

But the truth is, coming into this season the Cowboys had to know to win they needed to stop depending so much on Dak and the passing game. I think McCarthy wanted to run the ball more. They need to run the ball better. No one is going to respect the play action fake unless you first prove you are a threat running the ball. But honestly, who thought going into this season with Tyron, Tyler, Biadasz, Martin and Steele they would struggle to open holes for the RB? I confess I never thought it would be as bad as it was. Steele regressing I can understand with his bad leg, but the rest of them? And when the running game went nowhere, MM had no choice but to let Dak throw it. Early in the season the offense looked out of sorts and sluggish. The Cowboys were trying to run. We blamed it on Pollard looking slow. But the truth is the OL was not getting it done. After about 6 games the Cowboys opened up the offense because they had to.

On the other hand, we knew they couldn't stop the run either because we've seen this for years. The Cowboys had not used a first round pick on a DT since 1991 until the pick Mazi Smith. They simply did not prioritize DT as they should have and it has shown up in the run defense. I know people are already declaring Mazi a bust, and I understand why, but Justin Madubuike was drafted in 2020 and just came into his own this year. Milton Williams was drafted in 2021 and he too is just starting to show his potential. Same thing is true with Alim McNeill. All three are 3rd round picks. We should be patient with Mazi. And in defense of Mazi, the Cowboys asked him to drop 30-40 lbs in the middle of the season! I can imagine that had something to do with is lack of power and explosiveness. Again, a sign that the Cowboys do not value size on the interior of the DL.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
They will probably win 5 or 6 games in the NFC East alone. They will make the playoffs. 12 wins maybe not but you don’t need 12 wins to make the playoffs.
Come on. You know they are bound for the NFCCG. You thought so this year with their bottomless talent. Lol.

Rowdy1

Reaction score
They will probably win 5 or 6 games in the NFC East alone. They will make the playoffs. 12 wins maybe not but you don’t need 12 wins to make the playoffs.
Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think it is a given that eh NFCE is going to just lay down and die in 24. Wash and NY have high picks and one or the other may get it right. I don't count out the Eagles either they just need to get to where they can put teams away. Far too many of their games this year they let the other team hang in there with them in close games. a win is a win until it is not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy but I don't think it is a given that eh NFCE is going to just lay down and die in 24. Wash and NY have high picks and one or the other may get it right. I don't count out the Eagles either they just need to get to where they can put teams away. Far too many of their games this year they let the other team hang in there with them in close games. a win is a win until it is not.
I’m just basing my opinion on what I’ve seen. Two things happen. We suck in t here playoffs and we beat the NFC East. Maybe that changes. I have to see it first.

Rowdy1

Reaction score
I’m just basing my opinion on what I’ve seen. Two things happen. We suck in t here playoffs and we beat the NFC East. Maybe that changes. I have to see it first.
You are correct a lot of variables and movement yet to come on all 4 teams in the east. I honestly do hope we see a return of the NFCBeast soon though.