News: Dallas Cowboys K Dan Bailey on becoming a restricted free agent in 2014: ‘I would love to stay here

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Before Bailey, I was nervous every time we attempt a FG, not so with Bailey. He has been very, very reliable and we need to re-sign him

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Pay that man! It's a smart investment. It's not worth going out trying to find kickers when we have one. I don't want to go through Cortez, Vanderjagt, Cundiff, Suisham, Folk, and Gramatica all over again.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
This. He's a kicker. A good one, but a kicker. I'd like him to continue with the Cowboys, but a kicker isn't worth breaking the bank for.

The problem I have with this is that you say "He's a kicker" as if it's in a demeaning manner...

Dan Bailey has made 8 game winning field goals since he's been here; a Cowboys record.

Fredd

Reaction score
the thing with bailey is that his kicks are RIGHT through the middle of the goal posts for the most part...he is ridiculous with his accuracy...but, the other thing that makes him so "needed" is that he tends to limit kick-off returns with his booming kicks to the back of the end zone

must keep this guy...there is enough to worry about with this franchise, don't add kicker to the list

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Don't care if he stays or goes. There is probably 25 teams with a Dan Bailey.The NFL is ripe with good kickers nowadays.

How many are clutch like Bailey? He is an important piece of our puzzle, we have to retain him.