Dallas Cowboys LB Demarvion Overshown is a dawg (Film Study)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Demarvion Overshown is one of my faves on Defense. Truly hope he's able to fully recover from that ACL tear. He's so talented, like a heat-sinking missile who attacks on every play.

We got to see a small glimpse of what to expect from Demarvion Overshown during preseason last year before he got injured. Can't wait to see him this year.

He's coming along nice and slow with rehab as we saw a small glimpse a month or so ago. Hope he will be ready by training camp or preseason. We need his LB playmaking ability this year for sure now that LVE had to retire due to medical purposes.

Wish he had switched to jersey number "0" like he had in college. Agent Zero! I wonder if the Cowboys refused to allow him to use that jersey number? The #13 that he picked up is for wimps! :mad:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He won't be what you see in this video, so watching it is pointless unless you want to see what we won't get from Overshown. The narrator guy even admits it then pretends he didn't make that point and proceeds to fanboy over the player. :muttley:

Mcsports

Reaction score
Every tackle I saw him make on that video (through the first 7 minutes) he was the second player making contact.
He's what Quinn wants: a large safety with tremendous mobility but not a run stopper.
Dallas needs someone who stops the play at the point of contact (by themselves).

Gambit

Reaction score
Every tackle I saw him make on that video (through the first 7 minutes) he was the second player making contact.
He's what Quinn wants: a large safety with tremendous mobility but not a run stopper.
Dallas needs someone who stops the play at the point of contact (by themselves).
Now, watch again and picture him mugging the A gap in Zims defense. Liafau the same thing. These guys can blitz and will cause problems for offenses, add Micah to that mix and you've got some fun happening.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Anybody want to explain why Overshown can't wear the number 0???? If Kearse is gone. What the heck is it's Jerry business what number any player wants. Friggin control freak!!! Man. Just when you think he can't get any worse out pops another Jerry weasel. I can't see why anybody would want to come to this circus in Dallas. :facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He won't be what you see in this video, so watching it is pointless unless you want to see what we won't get from Overshown. The narrator guy even admits it then pretends he didn't make that point and proceeds to fanboy over the player. :muttley:
He’s close to a year removed from the ACL so may struggle early in the year but most of us are excited because of what we saw in college (I’m a big UT fan) and what we saw in preseason last year. Nothing wrong with being optimistic about a player vs your takes.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm nervous about the injury. Maybe paranoid. It just feels like when a fella plays for Dallas it's a 2+ year recovery.
The kid is a really, really good athlete.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He’s close to a year removed from the ACL so may struggle early in the year but most of us are excited because of what we saw in college (I’m a big UT fan) and what we saw in preseason last year. Nothing wrong with being optimistic about a player vs your takes.
He hasn't been cleared to participate in team activity for a year. My point is he's not 100% so it's wrong for anyone to think that's what we'll see right off the bat, this season. Yes, he will heal and has that potential but manage your expectations.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm nervous about the injury. Maybe paranoid. It just feels like when a fella plays for Dallas it's a 2+ year recovery.
The kid is a really, really good athlete.
It's the truth G2, so we have to feel the same about Diggs basically. This year will probably Steel's best year since he got paid

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He hasn't been cleared to participate in team activity for a year. My point is he's not 100% so it's wrong for anyone to think that's what we'll see right off the bat, this season. Yes, he will heal and has that potential but manage your expectations.
Post of the afternoon!!!!!!!!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Who said he’s going to be 100% right off? Absolutely no one.

Gambit

Reaction score
I notice he's listed on the sheet in Mazi thread at 230 I thought I'd read he said he'll be 235.

Either way he has taken seriously his rehab and getting his Peanut Butter body this off season. Good to see.

Yes he's coming off an ACL yes he'll need to be brought along a little slowly. But I think what the OP and many of are excited about is the tape and his development in last year's camp.

And, his ability to shoot like a middle, having visions of him just having a field day in Zims system mugging that A gap.