News: Dallas Cowboys: NFL Scouting Combine results reveal possible draft targets

CCBoy

Reaction score
(good article)

Dallas Cowboys: NFL Scouting Combine results reveal possible draft targets
http://thelandryhat.com/2017/03/05/dallas-cowboys-scoutring-combine-targets/

...Finding a reliable pass rusher has alluded the Cowboys for several seasons now. That could all come to a close in this draft as the team should have several options to choose from in what should be a very deep class at defensive end.

The most interesting defensive lineman for me in this class is Derek Rivers from Youngstown State. At 6-foot-4, but only 248 pounds, this prospect has the build of a linebacker or a safety. But River’s strength is outstanding. He recorded 30 bench press reps and is one of the quickest, longest edge rushers available.

There are two other players that I think the Cowboys should consider.

One is Auburn’s Carl Lawson, who posted 35 reps, the highest number for the bench press at the combine this year. Lawson was rumored to be on the Cowboys radar before his stellar workout, that likely improved his draft stock among other NFL suitors...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Strength is great but WDE needs speed and the ability to bend and turn the corner more so.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I think the lack of true Tier 1 pass rushers at 28 is going to lead us to take BPA there, which probably won't be a pass rusher. As it shouldn't be.

From interviews it doesn't look like TE. Although I'd be very interested in Engram or Howard if they're there.

I'm thinking round 1 is probably going to be WR or CB.

Depth at pass rusher in this draft is crazy. I'm thinking Round 2 will be our pass rusher. Is there going to be that big a difference between Charles Harris and Basham/Willis or even possibly Lawson at 60?

Sydla

Reaction score
Unless someone surprising falls at DE like a Barnett, I am hoping we take the best playmaker at 28, whether that be a CB, S or WR and then take some changes on the uber athletic but raw kids at DE like Basham or Willis or the kid from Nova.

And I totally on board now if Reddick is there at 28.

rambo2

Reaction score
Unless someone surprising falls at DE like a Barnett, I am hoping we take the best playmaker at 28, whether that be a CB, S or WR and then take some changes on the uber athletic but raw kids at DE like Basham or Willis or the kid from Nova.

And I totally on board now if Reddick is there at 28.
It is Peppers or A Jackson for me.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jackson at 28 is too rich for my blood.