Dallas Cowboys or Arlington Jonesboys?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm born and raised in Ohio, still live here, but I spent summers in Texas with my aunt in the 70s, which is how I came to know the Dallas Cowboys and become a fan of the team.

But as I sit here now, in 2022, this team is barely recognizable. The Cowboys of the 70s were innovators, doing things before others do them, regularly competing for titles and sometimes winning them.

What is this team now? An egofest for the owner and his children. Win, lose, it doesn't matter. The money rolls in and how the team operates does not change. Sure, they wear the same uniforms (thank marketing), but this team has become an internet meme. Do you really think Jerry & Stephen, after 26 years of failure, are going to strike gold? It's become a laughingstock outside of its own fan base.

I noticed how much things changed for me this postseason. Not only did I bet on the 49ers, previously unheard of, I wasn't the least bit surprised that I won that bet. The Cowboys are all hype, lacking substance. Thinking Jerry and Son are going to turn it into substance is a fool's errand - if they could they would've done it by now.

So the question becomes, why bother? Is "loyalty" until death - to an entity that doesn't even know you exist - a source of pride, or foolishness? I can't answer for anyone else, but I decided a decade ago it would be foolish to keep giving my money to this team, so I stopped doing it.

Leadership did not change (I didn't expect it would), and the results haven't changed either. I'll still follow the team out of habit, but thinking this joke of an organization is actually going to win anything...no thanks.

The Arlington Jonesboys will continue to live off the Dallas Cowboys name, but they won't accomplish anything other than making money off diehards who are still in love with the name. The Cowboys have 5 SB trophies, and they'll still have 5 when I die as long as they remain a Jones family business.

Go ahead, talk about this free agent or this coach - it doesn't matter, and deep down you know it. It's all false hope, rooting for a brand we all loved but that exists no more.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm born and raised in Ohio, still live here, but I spent summers in Texas with my aunt in the 70s, which is how I came to know the Dallas Cowboys and become a fan of the team.

But as I sit here now, in 2022, this team is barely recognizable. The Cowboys of the 70s were innovators, doing things before others do them, regularly competing for titles and sometimes winning them.

What is this team now? An egofest for the owner and his children. Win, lose, it doesn't matter. The money rolls in and how the team operates does not change. Sure, they wear the same uniforms (thank marketing), but this team has become an internet meme. Do you really think Jerry & Stephen, after 26 years of failure, are going to strike gold? It's become a laughingstock outside of its own fan base.

I noticed how much things changed for me this postseason. Not only did I bet on the 49ers, previously unheard of, I wasn't the least. bit surprised that I won that bet. The Cowboys are all hype, lacking substance. Thinking Jerry and Son are going to turn it into substance is a fool's errand - if they could they would've done it by now.

So the question becomes, why bother? Is "loyalty" until death - to an entity that doesn't even know you exist - a source of pride, or foolishness? I can't answer for anyone else, but I decided a decade ago it would be foolish to keep giving my money to this team, so I stopped doing it.

Leadership did not change (I didn't expect it would), and the results haven't changed either. I'll still follow the team out of habit, but thinking this joke of organization is actually going to win anything...no thanks.

The Arlington Jonesboys will continue to live off the Dallas Cowboys name, but they won't accomplish anything other than making money off diehards who are still in love with the name. The Cowboys have 5 SB trophies, and they'll still have 5 when I die as long as they remain a Jones family business.

Go ahead, talk about this free agent or this coach - it doesn't matter, and deep down you know it. It's all false hope, rooting for a brand we all loved but that exists no more.
I was a diehard Spurs fans, when the Admiral retired I lost interest. I have been a Mavs fan ever since. Nothing says you have to stay.

movaughn88

Reaction score
No offense man but 27k+ posts says you’re doing quite a bit of bothering about it lol.

Ranching is right - if you don’t want to stay no one’s gonna judge you or they shouldn’t. It’s all just entertainment that we are watching anyway. Get the joy out of it that you can and realize that 31 fan bases search their souls after every season.

I’ll always stay because I’m a stubborn fool and that’s just fine with me.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
When it comes to the Cowboys, both the Jones family and the NFL can have their cake and eat it too.

Because in terms of being true title contenders, Dallas hasn't been relevant for 26 years. But both parties continue to make unseemly amounts of money off of them and that's not going to change. This team was in the news constantly when they had three 5-11 seasons in a row from 2000-02.

The bottom line, unfortunately, is the bottom line. As long as the cash continues to flow in the product on the field will remain secondary. And we, the fans, are the only ones hurting from it. Well, as long as we let it hurt us.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I was a diehard Spurs fans, when the Admiral retired I lost interest. I have been a Mavs fan ever since. Nothing says you have to stay.

You're right, but it's hard. I loved Landry and Staubach. They were icons in my childhood. They are why I adopted this team.

Truth is I should jump on the Joe Burrow train. Not only are the Bengals in my home state, Burrow grew up less than 2 hours from my hometown. He's one of us.

It's just hard to let go of something you've loved for so long, so stupid me will still be around. I'll also be pulling for Burrow, since he'll rarely cross paths with the Cowboys.

khiladi

Reaction score
Bro, it’s a game. No need to go into depression over it. Even if the Jones are still here, the Internet will always be good for some laughs and roasting.

plus, when you get older you start to appreciate just good football players, on different teams. So you can enjoy watching guys like Burrow play and root for them while still loving the Cowboys.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right, but it's hard. I loved Landry and Staubach. They were icons in my childhood. They are why I adopted this team.

Truth is I should jump on the Joe Burrow train. Not only are the Bengals in my home state, Burrow grew up less than 2 hours from my hometown. He's one of us.

It's just hard to let go of something you've loved for so long, so stupid me will still be around. I'll also be pulling for Burrow, since he'll rarely cross paths with the Cowboys.
I used to pull for the Oilers after the Cowboys....nothing wrong with supporting your home state. Earl Campbell and Bum Phillips in Houston.....Cowboys first, though.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Bro, it’s a game. No need to go into depression over it. Even if the Jones are still here, the Internet will always be good for some laughs and roasting.

plus, when you get older you start to appreciate just good football players, on different teams. So you can enjoy watching guys like Burrow play and root for them while still loving the Cowboys.

I appreciate your thoughts, but trust me, I'm not in depression over the Cowboys. It's just sad to see something you once loved become almost unrecognizable.

That's what Jerry Jones has done to this franchise. Part of me has come to relish his frustration. His ego drove this operational model, so let him burn in it.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score

I’ve lived in Pgh my whole life, as tempting as it is to leave the Cowboys behind, I couldn’t do it. It’s an addiction really, tough to curb it. Frustrating, but No matter how much I despise the way Jerry conducts business, fan for life

fivetwos

Reaction score

I noticed how much things changed for me this postseason. Not only did I bet on the 49ers, previously unheard of, I wasn't the least bit surprised that I won that bet. The Cowboys are all hype, lacking substance. Thinking Jerry and Son are going to turn it into substance is a fool's errand - if they could they would've done it by now.

Leadership did not change (I didn't expect it would), and the results haven't changed either. I'll still follow the team out of habit, but thinking this joke of an organization is actually going to win anything...no thanks.

Here's how it's done Jake.....

1. Believe whatever you want.

2. Hire people to tell you how right you are on that.

3. Make sure no one will criticize you by getting them fired if they do.

Sounds pretty foolproof to me.

Please visit the team store on the way out.