News: Dallas Cowboys: OTA injuries should provide needed growth

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: OTA injuries should provide needed growth
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/05/23/dallas-cowboys-ota-injuries-growth/

...CONNOR WILLIAMS
Tyron Smith took a preventive rest day yesterday, while back-up Cameron Fleming set aside nursing a leg contusion. With both left tackles out of action, it was music to the ears hearing Connor Williams handled left tackle snaps.

The second year guard played left tackle at the University of Texas and claimed playing his old spot again felt familiar like riding a bike. Even better is he was tasked with facing a crafty, veteran rusher in newly acquired Robert Quinn.

Many predict Williams will eventually make the transition to tackle, possibly as early as 2020 if right tackle La’el Collins is too expensive to re-sign. This is great news knowing Williams is already getting his feet wet again on the outside...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: OTA injuries should provide needed growth
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/05/23/dallas-cowboys-ota-injuries-growth/

...CONNOR WILLIAMS
Tyron Smith took a preventive rest day yesterday, while back-up Cameron Fleming set aside nursing a leg contusion. With both left tackles out of action, it was music to the ears hearing Connor Williams handled left tackle snaps.

The second year guard played left tackle at the University of Texas and claimed playing his old spot again felt familiar like riding a bike. Even better is he was tasked with facing a crafty, veteran rusher in newly acquired Robert Quinn.

Many predict Williams will eventually make the transition to tackle, possibly as early as 2020 if right tackle La’el Collins is too expensive to re-sign. This is great news knowing Williams is already getting his feet wet again on the outside...

Not a big deal to me since he remained on the left side, but I still think Williams' focus needs to be on getting as good as he can at left guard since Colombo confirmed that he's expected to be the starter there this season. I know that he's likely going to right tackle next season, but we've got to be concerned about this season first ... and we need better play from the left guard spot this year than we got last year.