Dallas Cowboys Players Want Just 2 Things From Jerry Jones

MrPhil

Reaction score
As the world's most valuable sports franchise, they should be at least in the Top 3 of every category, if not #1.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I remember in the 80’s when the Detroit Pistons got their own private plane. I figured that would catch on as it seemed like a clear upgrade that would make travel better.

I figured wrong.

Flamma

Reaction score
Aah.....the problems are luxuries. Not enough women feeding them grapes.

shabazz

Reaction score
I remember in the 80’s when the Detroit Pistons got their own private plane. I figured that would catch on as it seemed like a clear upgrade that would make travel better.

I figured wrong.
Many sports teams merely lease commercial jets from regional carriers for their away games. It’s easier than having to maintain owned Aircraft, flight crew, maintenance and landing fees

the regional carrier I was a part of flew a professional hockey team…..those guys were down to earth and NEVER complained about flying coach on a 737-400.

Hockey players aren’t pampered and treated like royalty from college to pros so it of no surprise

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dallas Cowboys only had two concerns. The understaffing of the training room is an area that could use improvement. While 87% of players felt there were enough certified athletic trainers (ATCs), 25% felt the club needed to employ more physical therapists.

The lowest score was a C- in the travel category. The Cowboys are one of seven teams in the league that do not offer first-class seats for players when traveling. Unlike the New England Patriots, who have a private plane for their team, the Cowboys players are assigned coach seating both before and after play. Their coaches and staff sit up front.
There is your to-do list Jerry. The players have spoken.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
First, clearly being at the top of the players ratings does not guarantee a SuperBowl based on the study here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Giving players better travel accommodations is important. It speaks to Jerry's bottom line mentality. 100 tickets (players, staff, etc.) 8 away games. 1000 extra each. That's 800k straight to the bottom line. Payment for his yacht

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The normal business world has several customary structures:
  • Employees --> Boss
  • Employees --> Manager --> Boss
  • Employees --> Supervisor --> Manager --> Boss
Structures can be even more varied depending on company size, etc. For conversational sake, the third example is most like a normal business hierarchy, with the players being the employees, Mike McCarthy as Supervisor, Jones as Manager and Jerry Jones as Boss.

In the normal business world, employees would take it up their problem with their supervisor. The supervisor would relay it to their manager. The manager would then submit the problem to their boss. Problem solving is done through chain of command. Each higher up or leader is considered integral in reaching a resolution.

Is that necessarily true in Jones' world, where the 'manager' and 'boss' are one and the same? The players, a.k.a. employees, consider the understaffing of certified athletic trainers and physical therapists as problematic, along with traveling accommodations.

Would the players consider Head Coach McCarthy, a.k.a. supervisor, necessary in resolving their problems? Jones is both their (general) manager and boss (owner). Jones has always promoted himself publicly as the problem solver and the one person who players can deal with directly. What reason would the players have for not bypassing their head coach and going directly to their general manager, who happens to be the owner as well, to get more trainers and therapists and first-class seating? And if there is no reason, does that automatically minimize McCarthy's leadership role in their eyes?

Just some personal questions inspired by observing 34 years of Jones, an individual so obsessed with being seen as The One in charge that he refuses to allow another qualified football professional be general manager of his franchise for even a single day. It is a 3-decade+ observation that should be obvious to everyone working beneath him. Right?

/rant