Dallas Cowboys playoff picture: Chaos could unfold in the NFC over the next few weeks

CCBoy

Reaction score

Remaining Games for Current NFC Playoff Picture​

TeamWeek 11Week 12Week 13Week 14Week 15Week 16Week 17Week 18
Eagles (8-1)at ChiefsBills49ersat Cowboysat SeahawksGiantsCardinalsat Giants
Lions (7-2)BearsPackersat Saintsat BearsBroncosat Vikingsat CowboysVikings
49ers (6-3)Buccaneersat Seahawksat EaglesSeahawksat CardinalsRavensat CommandersRams
Saints (5-5)BYEat FalconsLionsPanthersGiantsat Ramsat BuccaneersFalcons
Seahawks (6-3)at Rams49ersat Cowboysat 49ersEaglesat TitansSteelersat Cardinals
Cowboys (6-3)at PanthersCommandersSeahawksEaglesat Billsat DolphinsLionsat Commanders
Vikings (6-4)at BroncosBearsBYEat Raidersat BengalsLionsPackersat Lions
As it stands this current week is the last one of the regular season without a game between at least two of the current NFC playoff teams.

The 49ers and Seahawks have yet to play each other this season and will meet twice in a three-week stretch starting in Week 12. Amazingly Week 13 will bring nothing but games between the current playoff field given that the Vikings are on bye that week. Week 14 offers similar anarchy with four teams playing one another (including the Cowboys/Eagles rematch) and the results of all these games are obviously going to play a significant role in determining the overall seeding of the group, not to mention the group itself.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ivision-wild-card-eagles-49ers-seahawks-lions

RoboQB

Reaction score
Right now it looks like the Lions will run away with it. Their schedule seems to be the easiest.
Week 17 could be wild.
Cowboys might still be undefeated at home when
this occurs.
As long as Barry Sanders doesn't resurface, Dallas
has a shot to win what just might clinch the #2 seed.

I'm predicting the 49ers don't lose another regular season game unless Purdy gets knocked out.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Uphill battle for us since choking that game to the Eagles, but everyone has a shot right now.

Agree with @pacy … Lions could stun everyone and win it just from that schedule to finish the season.

Aven8

Reaction score
Right now it looks like the Lions will run away with it. Their schedule seems to be the easiest.
We want them to be the #1 seed. That means we’re possibly playing the South champ in the WC. (If we don’t win the division). Then we could skip having to play Philly or SF in the divisional round. We would go to Detroit as the 5th seed. Sounds good to me

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That’s the way it appears, but let the season play out. Lot’s of things can change and will.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Uphill battle for us since choking that game to the Eagles, but everyone has a shot right now.

Agree with @pacy … Lions could stun everyone and win it just from that schedule to finish the season.
The AZ loss made it an uphill battle to win the NFC East. It’s left us with a little room for error. If Philly beats KC I see a little to no chance of us overtaking them. The worse they’ll finish is 14-3.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It would be cool if the Cardinals also beat the Eagles.
Don’t see it happening unless Philly has everything wrapped up and can rest players the last couple of weeks of the season. Having Kyler Murray gives the Cardinals a little better chance, but the game is in Philly. We’re going to have to hope other teams can beat Philly including us.

Bagman

Reaction score
Popcorn schedule. Then they will get knocked out their 1st playoff game.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Get back to me at the end of week 17 per who is in the playoff picture.

One game at a time and when you have to worry about what others do, you weren't worrying enough about the game at hand.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Wow! This makes for some great NFL games to watch. Could you imagine a Lions/ Texans SB. Probably be the 49ers and Chiefs. I think this could be the year for 49ers.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The AZ loss made it an uphill battle to win the NFC East. It’s left us with a little room for error. If Philly beats KC I see a little to no chance of us overtaking them. The worse they’ll finish is 14-3.
I'm looking for the number 2 here...two upcoming wins against Philadelphia!! :starspin: