Dallas Cowboys should keep an eye on Packers quarterback situation

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
AR holds grudges like a little female dog. His ego won’t let him reunite with MM after what was let out.
OMG..

Seriously?

Rodgers in Dallas?

I got a big picture of a campfire at night with Rodgers and McCarthy holding hands and singing Cumbaya.

No wait a minute..

wait a minute..

something is wrong here.

My name is HAL 9000, the world's most advanced computer.

Would you like me to sing for you?

Daisy. Daisy, give me your answer do..

Dave, I am losing my memory Dave. Stop that, Dave. I know I have made a few errors recently, but there should not be any alarm.

I can assure you I will be fine..

Dave..Dave?

The moral of the story you can never go back.
Big Mike is free of Rodgers now. He wants a new legacy with a new QB.

Not sure it will be Dak or not yet.

We shall see.

I'm half crazy, over the likes of you..

DuncanIso

Reaction score
From what I understand, Rodgers and McCarthy didn’t get along, right? So that would squash this thought immediately.

exactly.

Rodgers freakin hates MM with a passion.

he’s the main reason MM was fired.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys should keep an eye on Packers quarterback situation
https://thelandryhat.com/2020/05/08/dallas-cowboys-packers-quarterback-situation/

The winning blueprint in the NFL has been to find a franchise quarterback. But has that strategy shifted? And what does that mean for the Dallas Cowboys?
The Dallas Cowboys had a very successful 2020 NFL Draft with a rookie class that is value-driven and heralded as their best in almost two decades. But the story of the draft was the Green Bay Packers trading up in the first round to draft a quarterback with the 26th pick. The Packers have a quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, who is Hall of Fame worthy and is still playing at a high level. He is signed for four more years and has expressed a desire to finish the contract which makes the Packers decision to draft Jordan Love fascinating...

...Rodgers will cost $21.6 million for the 2020 season according to spotrac.com which is a relative bargain for a quarterback at 10.9 percent of the salary cap. His cap hit rises to $36.4 million in 2021, $39.9 million in 2022, and $28.4 million in 2023. On the other hand, Love will likely cost the Packers $12.4 million total over the next four years when he signs his contract with the Packers having a team option for a fifth cost-controlled year. Montez Sweat was the 26th pick in the 2019 NFL draft and signed a four year $11.6 million contract which was 6.8 percent higher than the four-year, $10.9 million contract Calvin Ridley signed in 2018 as the 26th pick in the draft...

...I think the Packers will strongly consider trading Rodgers at the end of the 2020 season. This would be the same move the Chiefs made when they traded Alex Smith after the 2017 season and turned the franchise over to Patrick Mahomes paying dividends with a Super Bowl championship in 2019. The Packers will absorb a $31 million dead cap in 2021 but will have three years after that with an affordable quarterback...

...Could the Dallas Cowboys get in front of the curve by not signing their quarterback Dak Prescott to a long term deal? Might the Cowboys be able to flip Prescott at the end of the 2020 season and dip back into the rookie contract quarterback pool? If they do, they better be warned. The Green Bay Packers just might have their own Hall of Fame quarterback on the trade market at the same time.

This is miraculous...………. Mahomes, Rogers, Watson are all going to be FA's after this season because they will all be cut.

The new thing in the NFL is to cut the best QB's in the NFL and go with untested rookies until you finally find an elite franchise QB. Then cut him!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They need to focus on getting Dak's deal done and nothing else at this point.

Give the trolls a little bit of a break. They just got over the disappointment that Dak wont be cut and Dalton wont be leading us to the SB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers Mr. hail Mary media lover boy. I take Prescott over him right now any day. When is just starting. And the other ones on the decline and has been

Now that comment is just ridiculous. NO one takes Prescott over Rogers.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
From what I understand, Rodgers and McCarthy didn’t get along, right? So that would squash this thought immediately.

Exactly. If anything, MM is motivated to prove he can win WITHOUT Rodgers at QB and further establish his rep as a QB guru.

I guess anything passes for “journalism” these days lol