News: Dallas Cowboys: The best replacement for Michael Gallup is

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wrong..

Noah Brown is the guy and I bet that is how it will eventually play out.

Watch out for a Noah Brown breakout at some point over this next month.
its been what, 5 years....we are still waiting for him to break out...at some point, he is what he is..... I think Wilson is more explosive. and Jarwin can be the pass catcher....Noah can be used in run blocking actually since he is very good at it...I said it in another post, I wish it was him instead of Jarwin on that play at the 2 against tampa. he wouldn't whiff like Jarwin did.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, the only option here is go to one of the few GMs Jerry knows and offer a 1st and 3rd for a pro bowl caliber WR. This offense needs 3 stud wrs, 5 pro bowl OLmen, and the highest paid rb in the league to work properly.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wrong..

Noah Brown is the guy and I bet that is how it will eventually play out.

Watch out for a Noah Brown breakout at some point over this next month.
Both Brown and Wilson played similar amounts of offensive snaps last season, with similar amounts of targets. They are both very different WR's, you could see them alternate by situation

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
its been what, 5 years....we are still waiting for him to break out...at some point, he is what he is..... I think Wilson is more explosive. and Jarwin can be the pass catcher....Noah can be used in run blocking actually since he is very good at it...I said it in another post, I wish it was him instead of Jarwin on that play at the 2 against tampa. he wouldn't whiff like Jarwin did.

His 1st 3 years he was hampered by Garrett. And some injuries. We seen what he could do last year with Jr. varsity QB's.
So get the facts straight and don't act like he has been available all 5 years. Well, 4 years, this is his 5th.

Agree about Jarwin blocking vs. Brown. Brown would have made that block.

2 mistakes by MM against TB, not having Brown in there and having Hooker inactive.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
His 1st 3 years he was hampered by Garrett. And some injuries. We seen what he could do last year with Jr. varsity QB's.
So get the facts straight and don't act like he has been available all 5 years. Well, 4 years, this is his 5th.

Agree about Jarwin blocking vs. Brown. Brown would have made that block.

2 mistakes by MM against TB, not having Brown in there and having Hooker inactive.
ok, so he was hampered by Garrett. how? and sorry about adding an extra year. so in his first 4 years he has what? 20 total catches? if he is all that talented, then the talent at some point will come through when he is in the game....facts are he is not that talented. he is a great special teams guy. he is a little too slow and not that good in route running to get separation against CBs. ....

he is what he is in his 5th year, hampered or not hampered.....Wilson has made some impact plays and has had at least one or two big games. that's your skills coming through. he needs to be more consistent. will Brown get more chances? probably....but he is always going to be a 4th or 5th WR in this league....however, I do like his blocking abilility...

so why do you have a soft spot for him? are you a buckeyes fan?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok, so he was hampered by Garrett. how? and sorry about adding an extra year. so in his first 4 years he has what? 20 total catches? if he is all that talented, then the talent at some point will come through when he is in the game....facts are he is not that talented. he is a great special teams guy. he is a little too slow and not that good in route running to get separation against CBs. ....

he is what he is in his 5th year, hampered or not hampered.....Wilson has made some impact plays and has had at least one or two big games. that's your skills coming through. he needs to be more consistent. will Brown get more chances? probably....but he is always going to be a 4th or 5th WR in this league....however, I do like his blocking abilility...

so why do you have a soft spot for him? are you a buckeyes fan?

Garrett did not use Brown in the passing game much at all. Had him on the field for a few blocking plays. Same for Wilson, injuries and not many plays.
We seen how both could be used and be effective last season. I think they both can contribute a lot this season. And now that Gallup is out, we will see how they will be used.
Then go from there. The past is the past. Let's see how they do now with expanded roles.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Garrett did not use Brown in the passing game much at all. Had him on the field for a few blocking plays. Same for Wilson, injuries and not many plays.
We seen how both could be used and be effective last season. I think they both can contribute a lot this season. And now that Gallup is out, we will see how they will be used.
Then go from there. The past is the past. Let's see how they do now with expanded roles.
well, brown is going to get opportunity to step up..... this is it, else , he is what he is a 4th or 5th WR who is great at special teams.....

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Wilson stretches more but I think they see Noah as more the posession guy, which is how they were using Gallup.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Both Brown and Wilson played similar amounts of offensive snaps last season, with similar amounts of targets. They are both very different WR's, you could see them alternate by situation

Brown is more like Lamb.

Wilson is more like Cobb.

I think there is a place for both but Brown has more upside imo and I’m projecting his upside to be higher based on physical traits.

I think he’s going to get an opportunity and he’s not only going to play good he’s possibly going to have a big impact.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, the only option here is go to one of the few GMs Jerry knows and offer a 1st and 3rd for a pro bowl caliber WR. This offense needs 3 stud wrs, 5 pro bowl OLmen, and the highest paid rb in the league to work properly.

But it only works with a sky pointing leader at QB who passed the eye test as long as your eyes aren't on the scoreboard.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
100%

Pollard is a threat anytime he’s on the field. His vision and acceleration are elite.
I agree......I'm not sure why they don't utilize him in the passing game more anyway. They talked about it during the offseason.....guess they didn't get a chance to in the Buc's game.

Heath

Reaction score
You must be new here.

Yes. Clearly,I've missed something that would explain why he would say that. Would you help a fellow Cowboy out by hipping me to whatever that may be? Is RisenStar a notorious Dak hater? Or is this a worn out topic?

Help me out.

Manster68

Reaction score
Here is my plan.

- Dallas is deep at receiver. So have Cedric Wilson fill in on Gallup's role with the offense.
- Get Noah Brown involved in the offense. Have him on the field on plays where blocking is needed. This is particularly important where he can fill in for Jarwin and his cowardly blocking skills. Brown is a superb blocker.
- Have Simi Fehoko activated and involved on a few packages plus special teams. It is time to earn his paycheck.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Yes. Clearly,I've missed something that would explain why he would say that. Would you help a fellow Cowboy out by hipping me to whatever that may be? Is RisenStar a notorious Dak hater? Or is this a worn out topic?

Help me out.
Risen is a fan of likes it is what he lives for And welcome to the Zone

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dallas Cowboys: The best replacement for Michael Gallup is...

https%3A%2F%2Fsportdfw.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2017%2F07%2F16715839.jpeg

In Week one against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the Dallas Cowboys saw their biggest offensive advantage take a shot to the gut when receiver Michael Gallup fell to injury. Gallup, the third piece in what is arguably the NFL’s best WR trio, is expected to be out for the next 3-5 weeks, leaving a hole in the Cowboys line-up and Kellen Moore searching for answers.

Cedrick Wilson, the Dallas Cowboys highly paid WR4, is the obvious solution. He came in for Gallup on Thursday night, and performed admirably in Gallup’s stead. But “next man up” may not be the best solution. The best solution may require a more nuanced approach.

The Dallas Cowboys should replace Michael Gallup with a combination of Blake Jarwin and Cedrick Wilson.
Simply plugging Wilson into Gallup’s top-3 role may be the easiest solution, but it’s not the most optimal.

Read Full Story

by the way Woody...you were right after all durng game time chat....you said you thought it would come down to who had ball last?...i thought because cowboys had to get 4 TO's just to be in game

no way would that be the case....but it was