News: Dallas Cowboys: Top 4 free agent fits at swing tackle

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: Top 4 free agent fits at swing tackle
https://sportdfw.com/2018/02/11/dallas-cowboys-top-4-free-agent-fits-swing-tackle/

...Chris Hairston, 28, T
Chris Hairston is a very intriguing option. The 6’6” 330lbs seven-year vet is only 28-years old. The proven swing tackle is considered the best reserve on the market, yet a health issue may prevent him from resuming his career. If what’s being referred to as “blood clots” is resolved, Hairston is top on the list. But if not, he’s likely off the list entirely.

Ty Nsekhe, 32, T
Ty is an underappreciated swing tackle for the Washington Commanders. Playing behind Trent Williams, he’s seen plenty of action and performed quite admirably. He’s a restricted free agent so it’s going to be harder to sign him than most, but he’s proven and he’s affordable so he’s worth looking into.

Garry Gilliam, 27, T
Speaking of restricted free agents signing with other teams – last season the Seahawks let Gilliam walk to San Fran when an offer came in too high. Now an unrestricted free agent, Gilliam will probably move on once again.

He’s not the most fiery player but he’s relatively talented and could be an able-bodied solution at swing tackle for the Cowboys.

LaAdrian Waddle, 26, T
The New England Patriots find themselves with three of their offensive tackles soon to be free agents. And knowing the Pats, they’ll probably let two or even all three walk. Waddle is 6’6” and 315lbs and has a good deal of experience protecting the right edge. He’s an up-and-comer that has his best football ahead of him. The only question is, will it be good enough. I seem to think so and he’d be well worth a modest multi-year deal to play swing in Dallas...

DcFootball4

Reaction score
We definitely need to bring in a guy with experience, I don't want to see what I saw last year happen again if Smith goes down. I partially blame lack of coaching for that also, but that wont change; this year at least. But, if we could acquire any one of the guys you mentioned I would be happy.