News: Dallas Cowboys: Why Chidobe Awuzie is a rising star

KingRah

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys: Why Chidobe Awuzie is a rising star
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/12/21/dallas-cowboys-chidobe-awuzie-rising/

One young Dallas Cowboys‘ defender is coming into his own and has quietly put some great performances together. Let’s take a closer look at Chidobe Awuzie.

The whole nation is praising the success of the Cowboys, specifically on the defensive side of the ball. Players like defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence and cornerback Byron Jones have been playing so well they were named Pro Bowl defenders this week. Even the young linebackers, Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch, are making plays across the field.

But, one young defender is coming into his own, and quietly puts great games together. This player is cornerback Chidobe Awuzie...
He seems to catch better than Byron Jones, but at this point, he's just a solid player. Byron gave up one explosive play all year. Chido gave up a few including last week. He has the tools to be great. He's fast(4.43) and big, (6'0 207). He just needs to have consistent footwork, then look for the ball sooner. He could've intercepted that TD to Julio Jones if he would've located the ball. He was close enough.

KingRah

Reaction score
CB > QB’s

Should draft a CB 1 or 2 Every Season
You might be right. The Steelers have a hall of gamer in an. They drafted m Bryant. He got suspended and they drafted ju ju. He was great last year and they still drafted more receivers. They drafted good receivers every year. We need to do that with cb o line and t e.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
You might be right. The Steelers have a hall of gamer in an. They drafted m Bryant. He got suspended and they drafted ju ju. He was great last year and they still drafted more receivers. They drafted good receivers every year. We need to do that with cb o line and t e.

:laugh:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I want to see more of Lewis
This is the season's biggest crime right here. Jourdan Lewis has played great when he's been on the field. Better than awuzie on the outside. I always felt chido would be a better nickel. His ability to be physical inside and had a lot of sacks in college while blitzing.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is the season's biggest crime right here. Jourdan Lewis has played great when he's been on the field. Better than awuzie on the outside. I always felt chido would be a better nickel. His ability to be physical inside and had a lot of sacks in college while blitzing.
That was the scout's take also.

Lewis has better long speed and better ball skills. Awuzie should be playing more slot, he's a lot better there.

fansince68

Reaction score
I like Chidobe. He's big, quick, and tackles really well. I feel like he's coming into his own this season at the position. It started off shaky, because QB's were avoiding Byron.

I will admit that I was worried that he'd be oft-injured but so far, he's proving me wrong.
OMG.. Chidobe is a terrible tackler. Just look back as recent as the Colts game. His coverge is ok at best. Because Byron has the other side locked, Richard can float extra help underneath to help. Sometimes when we do give him underneath coverage, he still lets the receiver get over the top of him. I really think we over hype him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
OMG.. Chidobe is a terrible tackler. Just look back as recent as the Colts game. His coverge is ok at best. Because Byron has the other side locked, Richard can float extra help underneath to help. Sometimes when we do give him underneath coverage, he still lets the receiver get over the top of him. I really think we over hype him.
Facts. PFF has him graded 85th lol.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Our starring corners are good coverage, but lack elite ball skills. This defense has to find more ways in creating defensive turnovers

cern

Reaction score

Lewis has better long speed and better ball skills. Awuzie should be playing more slot, he's a lot better there.

Kris Richard will have to be convinced of these comments. he also has lewis and brown playing better than ever.

Batman1980

Reaction score

Lewis and Jones outside with Awuzie in the slot and Brown riding the pine works for me.

cern

Reaction score
the skins wisely released scando. who then took his services to the chiefs. phillip rivers was happy. andy reid, not so much. scando still retains the same confused look on his face as he had in dallas when he gives up a td. "was that my guy"???????????????

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He seems to catch better than Byron Jones, but at this point, he's just a solid player. Byron gave up one explosive play all year. Chido gave up a few including last week. He has the tools to be great. He's fast(4.43) and big, (6'0 207). He just needs to have consistent footwork, then look for the ball sooner. He could've intercepted that TD to Julio Jones if he would've located the ball. He was close enough.

I agree with most of this, but as good as Byron has been, no one in the league has blown more chances for picks than that guy. He doesn't get his head around any better. It's a deficit our entire secondary suffers from and have for quite some time.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
“In the last four weeks, Awuzie has allowed a low 31.25 yards per game, a 48.33 percent catch rate, and a total of only 14 yards after the catch! Additionally, he has tallied four pass breakups to his résumé, per Pro Football Focus.”

That doesn’t sound like he’s been beat a lot recently.
you see Batman saw a highlight on espn where Awuzie allowed a wr to catch a pass and thats all he needed to make negative generalizations

KingRah

Reaction score
He’s slow and short.