Twitter: Dallas Defense Since Week 10

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m glad the numbers match up now with what’s being displayed on the field so I don’t have to debate anymore about how good our defense is.

The box score nerds can finally make sense of what’s on the TV now.

Reaction score
Those numbers should only get better as the only good offense left on their schedule is the Cards.

The real test will be in the playoffs. That's when we will see how good they really are.

The back end still worries me. The numbers look good, but that has been due to the pass rush generated giving QB's a lot of problems. Hopefully that will continue going forward.

Many of us said it would take half a season or so with the new DC and systems for the defense to gell. Looks like that is happening now. It helps that they are now amazingly healthy

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
You can only play who is on your schedule… this D is NASTY right now and has still not fully hit their stride.

They have performed so much better than expected— and are so young as well. Hopefully our offense can get to holding up their end of the bargain. If they do — we can do some damage in Jan/Feb

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With our offensive struggles the defense can’t afford a lapse.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And they've faced the Falcons, Chiefs, Raiders, Saints and Skins in that time.

Make of that what you will. There's no question they're better. How much better is the discussion.

That is the question. Other than the Chiefs, I don't think there's a top offense in that bunch. And we didn't do all that great of a job stopping the Raiders.

However, when we faced Washington, Heinicke had completed over 70 percent of his passes during Washington's four-game winning streak, and we shut him down. Also, we really only play one top offense the remainder of the regular season, so it may not be until the playoffs before we find out if we can stop a Green Bay or LA.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Those numbers should only get better as the only good offense left on their schedule is the Cards.

The real test will be in the playoffs. That's when we will see how good they really are.

The back end still worries me. The numbers look good, but that has been due to the pass rush generated giving QB's a lot of problems. Hopefully that will continue going forward.

Many of us said it would take half a season or so with the new DC and systems for the defense to gell. Looks like that is happening now. It helps that they are now amazingly healthy

I really like Diggs and Kearse, not so sure about Brown and Kazee. It helps Brown look better than he is IMO when we're getting a lot of pressure (which helps any DB). I'm also hopeful that LVE can play more like he did in the Washington game than he had been in the previous games. I don't know if his role finally clicked for him since he seemed to be more aggressive against the run than he had been, if the players coming back up front benefitted him or it was just knowing that Washington badly wanted to establish the run, allowing him to focus more on that than coverage.

I still wish we had a monster DT, but with the three-headed monster of Tank, Parsons and Gregory, the need is lessened some, giving players like Gallimore and Odighizuwa time to try to become that middle monster and creating some opportunities for them to win because offenses have to concentrate on stopping our three pass rushers..