Twitter: Dallas Defense Since Week 10

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
please let the offense wake up

if they can get to even maybe 75% of what they was the cowboys can win a super bowl this year

Yes, it's weird to be thinking that because we usually need the offense to play at 110 percent to overcome the defense. Now, we might only need the offense to be good enough to complement the defense.

exciter

Reaction score
That is the question. Other than the Chiefs, I don't think there's a top offense in that bunch. And we didn't do all that great of a job stopping the Raiders.

However, when we faced Washington, Heinicke had completed over 70 percent of his passes during Washington's four-game winning streak, and we shut him down. Also, we really only play one top offense the remainder of the regular season, so it may not be until the playoffs before we find out if we can stop a Green Bay or LA.
I couldn’t figure out if the Dline was playing that dominant or if their oline was completely dysfunctional. Kept wondering how they managed to win a game this season. I think Heinicke was 2 of 11 completions wise at one point, And even then I was more impressed with their containment of the RB… he gashed us bad last year if I remember correctly!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was a lot of that going on earlier in the year when our offense was putting up a ton of points.

I posted that in part, because in the Saints game when they had no choice but to throw the ball, that was when the INT's came in bunches.
But can there really be defense garbage stats, they still need to stop the other team.

As my thought was someone may say that. Though I do not believe in garbage stats on either side of the ball if the game is within 2 scores.
Or if a team is down by 24 point with 5 minutes left they are just trying to get a score, and a defense lets up a little bit. Allowing them to burn clock.
But they all count in the books no matter what.

pitt33

Reaction score
That is a welcome turnaround for that side of the ball. Been harping about building the defense for years. Couldn’t come at a better time.

Now about that offense…

shabazz

Reaction score
And they've faced the Falcons, Chiefs, Raiders, Saints and Skins in that time.

Make of that what you will. There's no question they're better. How much better is the discussion.

Proper context and strength of opponent is a real mother......

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m glad the numbers match up now with what’s being displayed on the field so I don’t have to debate anymore about how good our defense is.

The box score nerds can finally make sense of what’s on the TV now.
Mediocrity really sucks doesnt it?:muttley:

CoachD

Reaction score
We haven't seen defensive stats like that in Dallas since Dave Wannstedt was the DC.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I posted that in part, because in the Saints game when they had no choice but to throw the ball, that was when the INT's came in bunches.
But can there really be defense garbage stats, they still need to stop the other team.

As my thought was someone may say that. Though I do not believe in garbage stats on either side of the ball if the game is within 2 scores.
Or if a team is down by 24 point with 5 minutes left they are just trying to get a score, and a defense lets up a little bit. Allowing them to burn clock.
But they all count in the books no matter what.

Defenses take their foot off the gas all the time and trade time and prevention of big plays down field for yards.

A team with a 3 score lead with 10 minutes left in the game isn’t going to defend the same way as they did earlier in the game.

Praxit

Reaction score
...If offense gets the groove back, no telling how far we can go.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If the offense can get back to form then we have a real chance to win it all.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know it sounds corny but defense wins championships. It's been proven over and over in the postseason. If you're not playing top 5 D, you probably won't get the Lombardi trophy. See the Bucs last year.........greatest QB of all times but the D won their Super Bowl. The bottom line, it's coming together at the time.......

Brooksey

Reaction score
There's no question they're better. How much better is the discussion.

That is the question..can they do enough to knock off Brady or Rodgers in the playoffs? I think they can if Parsons has the right opportunities but our running game needs to improve