Dallas defensive ranking

Mr_437

Reaction score
Former poster guy, never heard of him...but appreciate him letting us know the defense is right where we hoped they could be.

Zman5

Reaction score
Yes. Adamjt13 was the second best Adam on this forum.

tenor.gif

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yards to me means little, Dallas has had 3 games heading into the 4th with game under control and yes teams put up 4th qrt points. Last year I was told those were garbage yards when it was Dallas 3 scores down heading to the 4th. What I care about is points, 3rd down stops and turnovers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Points per game is what counts and they’re 20th. Not good, not good at all.
most were garbage points and yards, you dont recognize when a team is up so far go into prevent type deal..

you know dak and our offense lived on those late meaningless points last year before he got injured, we were never truly in most of those games and hung few late meaningless points on the board.

.. if you look at the part of the game where the game was in jeopardy the defense has played very well..

sometimes you sacrifice a few scores and pull players out, get little soft to make drives longer and let them eat clock.

i know fans were happy but the Carolina and philly game those late scores were meaningless and we stopped going all out ie prevent defense..it happens..

when the games were actually competitive and still up for grabs our defense held up fine..

please all of you stop looking at stats and rankings the Ws are all that counts and we witnessed when the games were on the line they played well. a lot of garage scores were given up..

lets split the difference between TOs and actual defense rankings and say we are 15th

we said all last year, off season and Pre-season this year IF in one offseason Quinn could get us to around average we should go far this season..

he delivered, now we are moving the goal post. stop being selfish. That was a straight mess , a nightmare last year and can not be full fixed into top 10 suffocating defense in one offseason

chill the heck out!!

on side note we have players coming back and many were out early on like Wilson etc

shabazz

Reaction score
I think he was approaching the all-time likes title and then "something" happened to him and now Risen is the leader. Draw your own conclusions.

Sounds just as conspired as referees bias against the Cowboys. ;)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah the turnover rate probably is unsustainable so the defense has to get better if they want to win it all this year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing about the turnover rate though is it started the 2nd half of last year. So they really have been one of the best at it for nearly a full season now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Screw the rankings! This defense assisted in getting us to 5-1 on our bye week. Reinforcements are coming... DLaw, Gallimore, Joseph. How much of a fight will the NFCE rivals give us? I believe our ticket to the playoffs is already stamped.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yards to me means little, Dallas has had 3 games heading into the 4th with game under control and yes teams put up 4th qrt points. Last year I was told those were garbage yards when it was Dallas 3 scores down heading to the 4th. What I care about is points, 3rd down stops and turnovers.
Exactly. If you allow 80 yards on a drive followed by a turnover or stop, who cares if they don't score? At the very most it's possibly a field position concern.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Screw the rankings! This defense assisted in getting us to 5-1 on our bye week. Reinforcements are coming... DLaw, Gallimore, Joseph. How much of a fight will the NFCE rivals give us? I believe our ticket to the playoffs is already stamped.
:thumbup:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I agree, simple question has the defense made plays to help this team win? Simple answer is yes. We have made some big stops in games to get the ball back, we have created turnovers to get the ball back into the hands of the offense. Does this defense need to make improvements? yes but we are only 6 games into the season and there is no reason why this defense can't improve and with other defensive players coming back from injury are put in the lineup I fully expect to see better play out of them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly. If you allow 80 yards on a drive followed by a turnover or stop, who cares if they don't score? At the very most it's possibly a field position concern.

Chargers drove the ball and results 3 FG and 1 TD. Holding them to FG as opposed to TD worked out big for this team. People need to use the same damn microscope on other teams as they put on the Cowboys.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This D is all over the chart but as many here have said if we reduce the chunk plays, some of the other stats will also improve.

BTW.........isn't OP a former Zone poster?

the run game is good. 3rd down percentage is good. QB hits, pressures are good, but not sacks. turnovers are good....passing game looks bad. 29th in the league. however, when you disect the passing game, its air yards and YAC. we are middle of the pack in air yards (where the catch is made). we are really bad, 29th in YAC....so we giving up a lot of yards after the catch is made (ala Patriots game). we need to clean that up. we have given up almost a 1000 yards of YAC. so cut that by a 3rd. cut it by about 300 yards, or about 50 yards per game. and we are a solid middle of the pack defense in almost all categories.....that's where the chunk plays are mostly coming from. I am not sure what the reason, is it bad tackling, bad angles, bad read, wrong place, etc....but we have to correct that.