Dallas/Fort Worth members: Best hamburger, Whataburger or In-N-Out Burger?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Maybe its nostalgia from growing up in Texas, but I still prefer Whataburger. I always visit one while traveling if I’m living in a state without the franchise.

I’m amazed at how many people outside of Texas don’t prefer Dr.Pepper. I always thought it was the best tasting of all the colas, but it‘s rare to find fans of it outside its local roots. Again, could just be me and growing up in a house that always had a 2-liter of Dr.Pepper.

I like Blue Bell better than the other ‘low cream’ ice creams, but since it has gotten so expensive out of Texas, I’d rather just go with the unbeatable…

BEST-BEN-AND-JERRYS-FLAVORS-RANKING_GWYNEDD-STUART_SPORKED_HEADER.jpg
Way too many odd flavors/names.......... That is why I don't do Ben & Jerry's ice creams. Just simple chocolate or strawberry will be fine (lol)

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I like both (Although I agree with others about In N out's fries being bad), but If I could only choose one, its gonna be Whataburger everytime, no contest.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Oh I comprehended what you wrote.

In my opinion though…..
If you EVER have to tell a food place to do something differently than their standard with any of their most popular items, it says something about the quality of ALL of their offerings.

You either have a good burger and fries or a bad burger and fries.

If they truly suck at one or the other, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and lowers my opinion about both.
Cool, so you still didn't comprehend what I said. Jesus Christ.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Honestly, this is my first time hearing of In-N-Out Burger but I don't live in Texas. For me, there's no better hamburger than Whataburger unless I'm missing out on this In-N-Out Burger (LOL).
In-N-Out is based in California, where it is huge. We stopped at one for my son when we visited he west coast this year and I didn't think they were that bad for the price.

No clue about Whataburger.

Personally I like a burger chain not in the conversation nor mentioned, but I'm finding even with "fast food", pricing is becoming like going to a normal restaurant which isn't considered "fast food".

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
In-N-Out’s are overrated in my opinion. Haven’t had a Whataburger.

Give Shake Shack a try. Good burgers and outstanding fries.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Personally I like a burger chain not in the conversation nor mentioned, but I'm finding even with "fast food", pricing is becoming like going to a normal restaurant which isn't considered "fast food".
This........the closest Whataburger to me is 90 miles in Florida but I agree some of the best hamburgers are the mom-and-pop joints.

Creeper

Reaction score
I’m not from Texas and I can tell you anything that includes In and Out ain’t it. When I was in Cali, a lot of mom’s and pops burgers and some Fatburgers (depending on location and type of burger you choosed) tasted better.
I am with you. I am not from Texas and we don't have Whataburger or In-and-Out here, but my wife and I waiting on line for about 30 minutes to get a burger and fried at In-and-out when we traveled to CA and I was so disappointed that we did. I was expecting something different but basically is was just another fast food burger.

Her ins NJ, it is Shake Shack or 5 Guys. Shake Shack is probably the better of the two. 5 Guys gives you a major portion of fries - although they are usually mushy, not crispy.

nobody

Reaction score
Native Texan here. Texans are the best at overrating EVERYTHING, including the state itself. Whataburger is overrated. Burger to burger, In-n-Out is much better. Whataburger isn't bad at all; I like it, but people here act like it's the best thing on the planet, and it's not. As far as In-n-Out, you have to order the fries well-done, and they're much better.

Now, with all that said, Blue Bell ice cream and Dr. Pepper are far superior to everything else. lol
I'm not a native Texan, but I have lived here most of my life. I think it's just preference, both are decent burgers. I prefer Whataburger's burgers to In-N-Out, however. What I prefer over both is Chapps (the restaurant that serves Nolan Ryan's black angus beef).

I do tend to say though that it isn't and shouldn't just be about a burger-to-burger comparison as the sides are important too. If you have request something cooked a different way, there's a problem. Why does In-N-Out undercook their fries as their standard method?

You're right about Blue Bell and Dr Pepper, and Dublin Dr Pepper is even better than regular Dr Pepper.

catiii

Reaction score
Whataburger. Double double extra veges + jalapenos.
InNOut looks pretty but has absolutely zero flavour to me. Even the fries taste like nothing.

Hardline

Reaction score
Maybe its nostalgia from growing up in Texas, but I still prefer Whataburger. I always visit one while traveling if I’m living in a state without the franchise.

I’m amazed at how many people outside of Texas don’t prefer Dr.Pepper. I always thought it was the best tasting of all the colas, but it‘s rare to find fans of it outside its local roots. Again, could just be me and growing up in a house that always had a 2-liter of Dr.Pepper.

I like Blue Bell better than the other ‘low cream’ ice creams, but since it has gotten so expensive out of Texas, I’d rather just go with the unbeatable…

BEST-BEN-AND-JERRYS-FLAVORS-RANKING_GWYNEDD-STUART_SPORKED_HEADER.jpg
I stopped buying Ben and Jerrys when I found out they were full blown communist.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Whataburger is overrated by Texans, but it's still much better than In n Out.

Braums jalapeño pepper jack burger is far better than either.