Dallas has a top ranked offense in the postseason

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
The great thing about football is it's the ultimate team sport.

Yeah - the defense dropped the ball against LAR, but they also kept our season alive time and time again. We also couldn't convert on 4th and 1, couldn't stop LAR's interior linemen, and couldn't stop La'el Collins from trying to dry hump our QB.

lkelly

Reaction score
Using this logic, Fitzpatrick was the top QB in football. He killed it in week 1.

gmb1

Reaction score
Top 8 defenses are out of the playoffs. Interesting.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The offense was absolutely improving, and I'm enthusiastic that the passing game had some signs of life in the Rams game. Hopefully that trend continues (rather than stalling or falling)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
top 5 in passing yard
Top 5 in points scored
Top 5 in rushing
Top 3 in points per drive

Our defense let us down

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netPassingYardsPerGame

The top 3 in points per drive is the only thing that is impressive because with there being only 4 teams that have played 2 games so far, being top 5 in cumulative stats like points scored and rushing should be expected. If they are only 5th, that's really pretty bad because it means a team that has only played one game is ahead of them.

pansophy

Reaction score
The offense was absolutely improving, and I'm enthusiastic that the passing game had some signs of life in the Rams game. Hopefully that trend continues (rather than stalling or falling)
The rules are easier for offenses -- I don't think they are 'improving'. If you have a passing game you can score a lot of points now.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? A 1-2 game sample size, not factoring in some bad weather games and a drastic disparity in home vs. away games for teams, and we want to give credence to that stat?

2 of the 3 stats were cumulative stats, so being top 5 when there are only 4 teams that have played 2 playoff games so far is not particularly impressive. The points per drive is a nice stat, but the other two aren't particularly positive.

Reactions: Coy

Bigdog

Reaction score
The great thing about football is it's the ultimate team sport.

Yeah - the defense dropped the ball against LAR, but they also kept our season alive time and time again. We also couldn't convert on 4th and 1, couldn't stop LAR's interior linemen, and couldn't stop La'el Collins from trying to dry hump our QB.
I have to differ on football being the ultimate team sport. The ultimate team sport is soccer where there are no timeouts and only allowed 3 subs throughout a 90 minute game. Most of the time you are making runs for your teammates. In fact they did a study and found that in a 90 minute game you only touch the ball a total of 2 1/2 minutes.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
So yet again we look good in the stat department with nothing to show.

I’d rather be a middle of the road ranked team that can win consistently and at least push into the NFCC.

Top 5 all around and lose in the divisional? That’s just embarrassing.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Really? A 1-2 game sample size, not factoring in some bad weather games and a drastic disparity in home vs. away games for teams, and we want to give credence to that stat?

If it protects Dak , yes. Creedence granted