Dallas has too many slow WRs, need to add speed!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Most CBs in the league run 4.4 minimum, they really don’t have the speed advantage.

But you do realize that guys that run 4.2 speed don't have a advantage either right? The best receivers in the league don't run 4.2's. John Ross, Marquis Goodwin, etc.......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You guys ever seen Amari, Gallup or Lamb get caught from behind? I haven’t

Austin was pure speed and brought nothing to the offense
Austin didn't use his speed that was his issue. He played slower than anyone on this team. But a lot of these 4.2 guys can't play at that speed on the field. These defenders don't allow you to. You have to offer up something more than being fast.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
But you do realize that guys that run 4.2 speed don't have a advantage either right? The best receivers in the league don't run 4.2's. John Ross, Marquis Goodwin, etc.......

Hmm.. idk about that Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Antonio Brown, Steve Smith,Ted Ginn , John Brown ...WRs that has speed and can run routes.

Hell even Patriots signed Damion Byrd 4.2 guy.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas has accumulated too many WRs that are lesser clone of each other and really do not compliment the players on the roster fully.

This offense needs true speed and right now just about every team has WRs that runS 4.4 NFL WRs. Dallas should acquire someone like J.J Nelson 4.2 forty time that can blow the top off defense consistently.

Another option is to trade Gallup who really is a #3 with CD in the building and the front office shouldn’t overpay for a consistent ball dropping #3 receiver.

So you want to trade an 1100 yard ascending receiver for a guy who has 1400 career yards in 5 years. Step into my office, you're fired..you're rehired, just so I can fire you again!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I remember a few years ago when they did the veteran combine. Guys who ran great 40 times in college were now .2-.5 seconds slower on average. Most of those players weren't 35+ either, and were often still in their 20s.

The 40 time is a tool, but is soooo overused by fans. Yes you have to have the natural ability to achieve good numbers at the combine, but those events for the most part are about form and training than football ability. It's just something for fans to discuss while there isnt any actual football on.

Carson

Reaction score
Austin didn't use his speed that was his issue. He played slower than anyone on this team. But a lot of these 4.2 guys can't play at that speed on the field. These defenders don't allow you to. You have to offer up something more than being fast.

Precisely my point. It takes more than speed to be successful

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Don't you need an accurate passer that can throw the ball deep down the field to take advantage of the speed first???
No, you just need someone that can throw deep. Biggest thing with speed receivers is you can't over throw them and they can just run it down...... so I'm told

BigD_95

Reaction score
Dallas has accumulated too many WRs that are lesser clone of each other and really do not compliment the players on the roster fully.

This offense needs true speed and right now just about every team has WRs that runS 4.4 NFL WRs. Dallas should acquire someone like J.J Nelson 4.2 forty time that can blow the top off defense consistently.

Another option is to trade Gallup who really is a #3 with CD in the building and the front office shouldn’t overpay for a consistent ball dropping #3 receiver.

There is 40 speed and then there is game speed with pads on.

I think Coop & Lamb are some of the faster game speed players

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
So you want to trade an 1100 yard ascending receiver for a guy who has 1400 career yards in 5 years. Step into my office, you're fired..you're rehired, just so I can fire you again!

No either pickup FA speedy WR or trade Gallup who is going to demand #1 WR money. Teams trade players that they can’t pay and get some value out of them instead of letting them walk out for nothing.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
There is 40 speed and then there is game speed with pads on.

I think Coop & Lamb are some of the faster game speed players

Yeah then there is Tyreek Hill who flys by the DB with or without pads. Pretty much makes the CB play safety position.

Scotman

Reaction score
Most CBs in the league run 4.4 minimum, they really don’t have the speed advantage.

Where are you getting that number? I posted a link to a study that averaged all the players by position over a 5 year period. Where is your number from?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DAL WRs are not at all a clone of each other except in the sense they are all very good.

One of the things they all do have in common however is the ability to make big plays.
Amari has been clocked as fast as 4.31. We have seen him split defenders and simply run away for TDs.
He's also a beautiful route runner with plenty of strength to shed guys. He is one move then go.

Michael Gallup is a deep threat with great body control and size. He lives in 1v1 matchups deep. He makes plays over CBs.

CeeDee Lamb is a make you miss guy. He's quicker than he is fast but scored 33TDs because he is nearly impossible to keep corralled.

DAL has a pure speed guy in Tavon Austin and that speed was largely useless.
A couple gadget plays were fun but generally he just didn't do anything but sit on the bench while the actual receivers played.

DAL needs to use any resources left to add to the defense. The offense will be elite if Dak is healthy.

Reactions: BAT

Creeper

Reaction score
Devin Smith 4.38
Tevin Jones 4.48
Jon'Vea Johnson 4.38

All 3 are on the roster

Amari Cooper ran a 4.42 at the combine but was later corrected by the NFL to between 4.35 and 4.38.

But overall, I agree with the original premise that the Cowboys lack speed on offense. They should have a least 1 guy who can take the top off the defense, a DeSean Jackson kind of WR.

BTW, I read Devin Smith ran a 4.42 at the combine.