Dallas is obsessed with Slow one speed receivers

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I expect the first receiver we draft to be in the mid 4.5s or slower.
They will not under any circumstances draft a deep threat. Look at T Williams 4.52, R Switzer 4.51, Cole Beasley 4.6, and even back to Sam Hurd.

How do you allow your team to play without a deep threat in the " starting" line-up for 7 years?

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
My hope is that if we dont take a receiver at 19, we trade back into the first and take DJ Moore.
Since 1st round picks are locked up for 5 years instead of 2 and demand more money than lb ers, I'd prefer a wr first.

I'd accept a top lb er in the 1st if we can still get Moore or Ridley after. Trading back into the 1st is doable.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They will not under any circumstances draft a deep threat. Look at T Williams 4.52, R Switzer 4.51, Cole Beasley 4.6, and even back to Sam Hurd.

How do you allow your team to play without a deep threat in the " starting" line-up for 7 years?
Would be nice to get a burner, assuming that player can catch a d run routes.
We did add Thompson.

Btw, not that it matters, but Beasely's official time was 4.49, not 4.60

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Well, I think that might be changing because Deonte Thompson is pretty fast. He ran a 4.31. Though, Hurns is a 4.55 guy.
Hurns was a 4.55 guy as a rookie. he had a major leg injury.
Thompson is 29 and neither were drafted. that matters.
Thompson probably won't be here next year.
Plus im talking about a starting receiver with speed. STARTING

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

4.49 for Beasley.

kskboys

Reaction score
From what I've observed, it doesn't appear that we know what to look for in players to increase our odds of successful drafting. I doubt if we even know what lateral agility, short area quickness, and burst even mean.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We collectively have a problem with our offensive production over the last seven years?

I don’t. I do have issues with how we’ve played defensively during most of that time though.

kskboys

Reaction score
We collectively have a problem with our offensive production over the last seven years?

I don’t. I do have issues with how we’ve played defensively during most of that time though.
Yes. Inconsistent, odd play calling, settling for FG's due to passing too much in the red zone. Offensive production includes time mgmt, effective TO mgmt, maximizing skillsets of players, stuff like that. It's not just about how much you score or how many yards you rack up, it's much more complicated than that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. Inconsistent, odd play calling, settling for FG's due to passing too much in the red zone. Offensive production includes time mgmt, effective TO mgmt, maximizing skillsets of players, stuff like that. It's not just about how much you score or how many yards you rack up, it's much more complicated than that.

Not really. When you consistently outproduce the other guys over the course of years, you’re usually doing pretty well.

When you’re consistently among the worst at stopping the other guys, you’re usually not.

I’ve never seen a fan base more concerned with completely the wrong things when it comes to evaluating their team than I do with the Garrett Cowboys. It’s completely bizarre the fixation with offensive speed, scheme, play calling, clock management, and timeout management. These things have, by and large, been non-issues.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Not really. When you consistently outproduce the other guys over the course of years, you’re usually doing pretty well.

When you’re consistently among the worst at stopping the other guys, you’re usually not.

I’ve never seen a fan base more concerned with completely the wrong things when it comes to evaluating their team than I do with the Garrett Cowboys. It’s completely bizarre the fixation with offensive speed, scheme, play calling, clock management, and timeout management. These things have, by and large, been non-issues.
Lack of explosive plays was an issue last year.
When zeke was out, we could’ve used a deep threat

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lack of explosive plays was an issue last year.
When zeke was out, we could’ve used a deep threat

It’s weird how the six WRs all got slow together at midseason when the LT play degraded. Maybe it had something to do with their conditioning or something.

And I was all for replacing Butler with a speed receiver. It’ll add an element to the offense we haven’t had. But that hasn’t been the big issue in Dallas in recent years.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
It’s weird how the six WRs all got slow together at midseason when the LT play degraded. Maybe it had something to do with their conditioning or something.

And I was all for replacing Butler with a speed receiver. It’ll add an element to the offense we haven’t had. But that hasn’t been the big issue in Dallas in recent years.
They were already slow. We just had dez making plays. Lately he hasn’t because Prescott isn’t accurate. Because of that, we need more from. The receiver to make up for his short comings.

4th_and_short

Reaction score

I mostly agree with you, but tbf there have been some boneheaded calls by JG that effected the outcome of the game. He’s too conversative at times.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mostly agree with you, but tbf there have been some boneheaded calls by JG that effected the outcome of the game. He’s too conversative at times.

Yeah, there have been some, for sure.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Yes there have. Every coach makes bad decisions. As long as they put weigh the bad, I’ll accept him. He’s the only coach since jimmy Johnson to have 3 winning Seasons for us..

kskboys

Reaction score

Until you get to the playoffs and start facing better teams where the little things start to matter a lot. That's why you see the obsession w/ these things, because they are costing us games in the playoffs.