Dallas leads the league in scoring

Chasing6

Reaction score
Two doors down they're laughing and having a party...shut up and go find it!

This fan is paying attention tonight and looking for a pointer dog for next week and Seattle. But a FAN! :starspin:

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I wanted Moore gone, but it wasn't because I think he's terrible as a coordinator (our offensive numbers while he was here show that he's not). I was just tired of the Garrett philosophy/system because I believe it is only effective to a point. That's because it is predicated on players having to win every matchup instead of scheming players open. Moore added motion to try to get players more favorable matchups and we did run a few pick plays, but there are so many other things that could be done to help your players succeed.
Agreed...accept for me, it is Moore’s situational decision making... he always calls a few plays a game that makes you go what the hell was he thinking.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Agreed...accept for me, it is Moore’s situational decision making... he always calls a few plays a game that makes you go what the hell was he thinking.
I think every coordinator has similar moments. When plays succeed, it was a genius call. When they fail, it was idiotic. I don't dwell too much on any individual play-call. It's the overall design of the offensive system/philosophy that's my concern. It became clear with Garrett that his system/philosophy could only take the offense so far no matter how talented the players were. And even when he brought in coordinators (Linehan and Moore), he chained them to his system. I was hoping that maybe McCarthy would bring in his system and have Moore marry to it, but instead we just kept running what Garrett established with just the little bit of change that Moore made to it. Having the No. 1 offense blinded the team to the fact that top defenses could match our talent without the creativity to do the unexpected.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Part of the reason we lead the league in scoring is our defense is leading the league in scoring. Bland’s 5 pick-sixes has accounted for 30 points.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Part of the reason we lead the league in scoring is our defense is leading the league in scoring. Bland’s 5 pick-sixes has accounted for 30 points.
That's true but the Cowboys lead the league in takeaways the prior two years. Previous scoring output was inflated by this. The offense was regularly being set up with a short field. Perhaps by more than it was this year.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I think every coordinator has similar moments. When plays succeed, it was a genius call. When they fail, it was idiotic. I don't dwell too much on any individual play-call. It's the overall design of the offensive system/philosophy that's my concern. It became clear with Garrett that his system/philosophy could only take the offense so far no matter how talented the players were. And even when he brought in coordinators (Linehan and Moore), he chained them to his system. I was hoping that maybe McCarthy would bring in his system and have Moore marry to it, but instead we just kept running what Garrett established with just the little bit of change that Moore made to it. Having the No. 1 offense blinded the team to the fact that top defenses could match our talent without the creativity to do the unexpected.
I agree that his square peg / round hole approach was an issue (remnants from the Garrett philosophy) but he also didn't have good situational football awareness... it's like he had only one gear to use no matter what the game situation was.

Hadenough

Reaction score
We lost to San Fran and the Eagles though. Doesn’t matterzzzz!!
You know the loss to the Eagles was close because it was a division game but the loss to the 49ers there was no excuse. They had the biggest motivator called revenge for the last two playoff games and they came out and were pantsed!

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
We lost to San Fran and the Eagles though. Doesn’t matterzzzz!!
Exactly!
We're good but 3rd tier good.
Against elite teams, this team plays not to lose, instead of playing to win.
Defensively, if our rush doesn't affect the QB, he has his choice of wide open receivers.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Guys, this is it!!! this is the stat that will have us raising the Lombardi this year, what a stat to own!!!

Get ready guys, forget reality and compeititon, this is the stat we needed all along!!!