Dallas most formidable DB backfield

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dear fellow fanzone freaks---consider we pick up Surtain who just ran a 4.42 pro day...couple him with Diggs and Brown...we got neal hybrid safety weakside LB...we pick up Hooker and Kazee to go along with Wilson who brings the wood....and i believe we have the most formidable DB backfield in the league

what say you all?

your favorite fanzone freak GORICO

Most formidable? NO

Potential to develop into a very good one? Definitely.

You just have to look at the corners. Lots of potential but diggs a 2nd year guy, Surtain a rookie, and brown is a JAG. Could be issues with this group early on or the first year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't want to have to count on Surtain falling to us or overdrafting Horn. I prefer we pick up Sherman or Hayward in free agency. Then, if Surtain is the player to take at 10, take him. If not, plan to get a corner at least in the second or third round because Sherman and Hayward are both long in tooth.
The last option out is if Surtain is gone, and we dont like what our board is showing, is to hopefully have an escape plan, hopefully have a trade partner penciled in if say a Mac Jones is still available and we already know there is interest.
I hope they come in with their sleeves rolled up at least, because Im seeing some major fireworks take place early in this draft.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Would you be fine with taking Parsons is Denver takes Surtain?
I wouldnt be opposed, but I would hope their would be better options.
Im just saying we could easily get painted into a corner in this draft, where at least a Parsons wouldn't be a disastrously horrible reach if we couldnt trade back, Parsons is the best LB in this draft class.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dear fellow fanzone freaks---consider we pick up Surtain who just ran a 4.42 pro day...couple him with Diggs and Brown...we got neal hybrid safety weakside LB...we pick up Hooker and Kazee to go along with Wilson who brings the wood....and i believe we have the most formidable DB backfield in the league

what say you all?

once again, we over value what we have......the list you gave is very average......

Brax

Reaction score
mr DaSchnitzel---the Plats are brewing right now...and we plan on going on biggest Plat winning streak of all time
stop just stop please no plats the team can't many more of them

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
With this team of “paper champions”... I will believe it when I see it when it comes to this D.

Knowing them— they will create a brand for the secondary ala “HotBoyz” before they have even made one damn play in 2021 lol

DRella

Reaction score
If Kazee and Hooker sign in Dallas today it definitely puts the need to draft S away for this draft.

Instantly it becomes a position of depth and strength I agree. Between Wilson, Neal, Kazee and Hooker I think if health remains it instantly becomes one of the best in league. I still wouldnt make it the best when you look at safety depth in Pittsburgh, Washington, KC and both NY teams.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If Kazee and Hooker sign in Dallas today it definitely puts the need to draft S away for this draft.

Instantly it becomes a position of depth and strength I agree. Between Wilson, Neal, Kazee and Hooker I think if health remains it instantly becomes one of the best in league. I still wouldnt make it the best when you look at safety depth in Pittsburgh, Washington, KC and both NY teams.
They are all talented, the question is the ability to stay healthy.
Sign all three and hope one stays healthy, any more and its a bonus.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hooker broke his nose this morning after lightly sneezing. Will be able to continue negotiations in 6 to 8 weeks!

Hooker has played in 56% of the possible games in his career. Keanu Neal is only slightly better at 61%, so Hooker would fit right in.

exciter

Reaction score
Hooker has played in 56% of the possible games in his career. Keanu Neal is only slightly better at 61%, so Hooker would fit right in.
It’s not surprising Neal would get hurt the way he plays. Hooker would injure himself eating a marshmallow!

Valkyr

Reaction score
Nebraska CB Dicaprio Bootle was clocked at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash during his school's Pro Day on Tuesday.

All I know is if we don't draft a guy named DiCaprio Bootle, then what are we really doing?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

what say you all?

Please if we are somewhat decent this year drop the golden double chrome triplet platinum can't miss the ocean with a rock gordo guarantees. If we suck, by all means....

DuncanIso

Reaction score

what say you all?

I think we will have an average/above average secondary.

a lot of Cover 3/cover 1 man.

and I’m good with it.

I will take average.

Because that scheme Nolan ran was a freaking train wreck.